ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
"On the Road" World Tour 2002-2003

Announcing The Tour - NYC May 7, 2002
By Peter Morgan
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch2: Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Overseas tickets Return to archive
05-05-02 04:58 AM
swapwoodfortaylor I am in UK and as always will be travelling to US for shows. I am anticipating the same old problem.....phone and internet sites not accepting orders from non-US or Canadian residents. Any one know of ways around this. Although I always get to my shows...I've never had a decent ticket in the US! Roll on Tues 6PM my time!
05-05-02 11:07 AM
glencar Just bring cashola & buy a ticket right before the show. Or ask people around these boards. Sometimes people buy seats & then others bail out on them.
05-05-02 12:35 PM
Martha
The best seats I ever got for a Stones show was at the Charlotte Ericsson Stadium show in '97. My hubby and I got to the show right as the Stones took the stage and bought our TX at the box office (no service charge added) and the seats were $60.00 each. We were in the center floor section 21st row or so. I was blown away...whether or not that would ever happen again...I certainly doubt...but I do know my friend's motto to be true..."there are ALWAYS tickets". I had the same luck at the Cher concert...although we got to the show early instead of when it was going on. We got 11th row middle floor seats for that one from the box office (again no service charge). Always check the box office first before you go to the scalpers if you have the option is my recommendation. Buying single tx also helps get one closer to the action. I never know what way to go either...good seats seem to be a gift from the rock and roll gods.

I wish you much luck!

peace,
martha
05-05-02 05:42 PM
Gazza Hopefully with boards like this people will have extra tickets to help other folks out - I'm sure it'll be the same next year for the shows in Europe and elsewhere

I'm sure we can help each other with advice on tickets, decent hotels etc for fellow fans coming to your city. Maybe we can set up a page on this site for ticket trading with that in mind.

I managed to get tickets over the phone for Hartford in 1999 through the Vh1 pre-sale. However,they wouldnt mail the tickets to me as the cost of the 4 tickets was too high to cover insurance costs ($400)..so I had to collect them at the box office on the night of the show. Theres no reason why they shoudl refuse to sell tickets to anyone outside the USA.

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.