ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
"On the Road" World Tour 2002-2003

Announcing The Tour - NYC May 7, 2002
By Peter Morgan
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch2: Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Header Pic Return to archive
05-03-02 03:16 AM
Beetlegirl05 How much do I love that header pic? Brian looks so young, innocent(though not at all), and clean. Ha!

05-03-02 05:27 AM
Mathijs Were do you see Brian then? Isn't this picture taken on Mick's grammer school when he was about 15? As far as I know there's only Mick, and no other Stones members. Can someone shine a light on this picture?

Mathijs

----------------------------------------------------------------
The Rolling Stones in Review

URL: http://stonesinreview.tiscaliweb.nl/
E-Mail: [email protected]

Bootlegs for Sale
The Lowdown on the Guitars of Keith Richards
Bootleg Reviews
Brussels Affair 1973
Vinyl Gang Productions / The Swingin' Pig
----------------------------------------------------------------
05-03-02 08:32 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl No Mathijs, Beetlegirl05 is 200% right, 100% because it's Brian and 100% because he looks "so young"

About the "innocent(though not at all), and clean" well, I say "ha" too!

Also Keith is on the picture
05-03-02 08:50 AM
Mathijs The guy sitting behind Mick I thought was Keith too, but Brian? He looks a lot like him, but I remember seeing this picture in a book with caps that read "Mick in grammer school, 1959 or 1960". They met Brian in 1962, so then this couldn't be Brian then. Any info on where this picture WAS taken then?

Mathijs
05-03-02 09:08 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl I'm not sure where it was taken Mathijs, I have that pic in two Rolling Stone Magazines not in any book, first on RS No. 19 October 12, 1968 with the legend "The old Mick Jagger", then on RS No. 39 August 9, 1969 the Brian Jones Memorial issue with no legend.

I would like to know where, when it was taken and who are those guys.

Anybody??
[Edited by VoodooChileInWOnderl]
05-03-02 09:17 AM
gypsymofo60 This is a very early shot of Mick, Keith, And Brian with one Dick Taylor later of the Pretty Things. This would be The Silver Rolling Stones , or the end of Little Boy Blue And The Blue Boys.
05-03-02 11:41 AM
KeepRigid There's no mistaking Keith in that pic...

And do my eyes deceive me, or is that a very young KeepRigid peering over Jagger's head in the background?

I still have that vest, by the way.
05-03-02 02:19 PM
Vile Dance That's Mick's "Primitive Cool" pose isn't it? LOL.

(I wonder what the pictures Mick & Keith are holding...)
[Edited by Vile Dance]
05-03-02 03:09 PM
Beetlegirl05 How could some people not see Brian? Hes right there, blond and all. I think we just aren't used to seeing his eyebrows! Lol! He was the first person i saw!
05-03-02 03:31 PM
gypsy I think it's hard to recognize Brian without his signature long blonde locks. It's so odd to see him w/ a buzzcut! He is still adorable, though!
05-03-02 10:36 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
Vile Dance wrote:
(I wonder what the pictures Mick & Keith are holding...)

A photo of themselves

BTW, this was the header

By Mike Ashby - Rolling Stone
05-03-02 10:46 PM
glencar Is Dick Taylor the guy way on the right?
05-03-02 10:57 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl No, Dick is the guy on the back between Mick and Keith, check Martha's site for more on the Pretty Things
05-03-02 11:19 PM
beer According to a book I have titled "Rolling Stones an unauthorized Biography in words, photographs, and music" by David Dalton, The photo's that Mick and Keith are holding are of Fats Domino and Bo Diddley.
05-04-02 03:18 AM
gypsymofo60 You're right Beer! I've got that book too. And in another book I saw years ago I think that that photo may have been taken at The Bricklayers Arms, or maybe The Ealing Club.
05-04-02 07:55 AM
Mathijs Thanks for the info, I've always thought this picture was taken much earlier than 1962, but apparently it isn't!

Mathijs
05-04-02 12:18 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl ...and I've always thought the pictures they are holding were pictures of themselves.

Anoybody know more (if sure only) about the pic, extac place, date and who are all others. I only identify Brian, Mick, Keith and Dick.
05-04-02 11:09 PM
gypsymofo60 I'm by no means certain but, I think the guy in front might be Tony Chapman (drummer), the big guy looks a little like Cyril Davies, and the guy wearing glasses, Dick heckstall Smith (sax),again I'm by no means sure.

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.