ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
"On the Road" World Tour 2002-2003

Announcing The Tour - NYC May 7, 2002
By Peter Morgan
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch2: Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Not in Central Park ??? Return to archive
05-02-02 04:02 PM
WahWahWoody Just got this news from the IORR board:
Press conference will be on Tuesday at noon in VAN CORTLANDT PARK (The Bronx)!!!
05-02-02 04:09 PM
Maxlugar That blows.

I can't up there over lunch.

I hope they at least pass over Manhattan.
05-02-02 04:15 PM
Joey "VAN CORTLANDT PARK (The Bronx)!!! "

Is that near The Village ?????

Alphabet City ?????

Bunny
05-02-02 04:16 PM
WahWahWoody There are even more details coming in. Stonesdoug seems to be the best source for this at the moment. Keep an eye on his board.
05-02-02 04:19 PM
WahWahWoody Hi Joey,
I'm not from the Big Apple, in fact I'm not American either, but I know for sure that The Bronx is NOT near the Village. It must be north of Central Park...
05-02-02 04:20 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl wow that was a park I used to visit when I was in the graduate division of Manhattan College in Riverdale, I lived very near to the park, the only problem is that now I live very very far.

But it does not make sense that is not a "nice" park
05-02-02 04:23 PM
Stones How would one find Stonesdougs board ?
05-02-02 04:24 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl It would be a 2-4 minutes walk from home to the park back then, but what part of the park?

05-02-02 04:26 PM
Gazza No...its not really near Central Park..(further north and across the river in the Bronx) and its in the other direction completely from the Village

Joey - theres a private message facility on this message board. Try checkin' yours.....and thank me later!!!
05-02-02 04:34 PM
Tom According to Stonesdoug board it will be at Central Park
05-02-02 04:37 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
That blows.

I can't up there over lunch.

I hope they at least pass over Manhattan.

Don't go by car it will take hours at that time, take the subway and stop at 238th street Browdway then walk some blocks and give us the news!!!

EDITION:

Oops... is not 238th is the next one the terminal, and take a beer at the terminal bar, good looking girls from MC use to get drunk and wild (well. I'm talking about 20 years ago)
[Edited by VoodooChileInWOnderl]
05-02-02 04:37 PM
Stonesdoug It's definitely Van COrtlandt Park--vh1 is supposed to cover it--the press is being picked up on Fifth Avenue and bussed up there . I heard two different check-in times for the press so this thing could happen anytime between noon and two PM
05-02-02 04:38 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
Stones wrote:
How would one find Stonesdougs board ?

http://www.stonesdoug.com
05-02-02 04:48 PM
Stones Thanks for the information.
05-02-02 04:52 PM
Joey God I love this board !!!!

Info Info Info ----- Yes !!!!!

Call me " Club Joey " from now on !

Clubby Bear Joey

05-02-02 06:44 PM
Maxlugar Stupid place for it. It's well north and east of midtown.

I bet CP is off limits to Blimps!

Bastards.

CP is six blocks from my work.

I'll see it on TV like the rest of you.

Maxlugar - Blimpless

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.