ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
"On the Road" World Tour 2002-2003

Announcing The Tour - NYC May 7, 2002
By Peter Morgan
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch2: Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Brian Jones and apologies Return to archive
04-28-02 01:06 PM
Honky Tonk Man Before i get to the latter, we are all getting extreemly excited about the new tour, arrival by blimp, dates and the sutch. But when is Brian going to be mentioned. Remember Brain formed the band, none of this would be going on without him. Its kind of natural for this not to mean a great deal to us, life goes on and does the music too. But what about Mick keith and charlie? They should all remember Brian on this tour. Maybe when they play Ruby Tuesday they could dedicate it to Brian? Just an idea.

Secondly, can i apologise for my post below. It was just me been silly. Im sure Maxys a decent guy and i doubt he meant it when he slagged off England. Hed be slagging the band if he did!!! Its all forgotten now hopefully.

im very sorry

Alex

04-28-02 01:47 PM
Vacendak Nice post. You're right, if they're gonna present this as an "anniversary" tour, then there SHOULD be some reference to Brian. I think it would be sorta cool if they did the concerts in sort of a "timeline" style. "Dust My Broom" is probably outta the question, but start the gig with "Come On," the other "Jones era" songs, then chronologically play tunes from the Talyor years, then the Woody era up to present. Or maybe just an extended "B-stage" set where they could do some of their earliest numbers. And it'd also be classy for them to mention ol' Stu as well. In fact, the more I think about it, I think it would be so awesome if the band went and did either the "VH1 Storytellers" show or "Live By Request," where they could share some rare stories betwen songs.
04-28-02 07:17 PM
Honky Tonk Man Im glad you agree. They have to include Brian. Nice point about Ian Stuart as well. He may of been only their roadie and occasional piano player but he was an original member of the band and was with them to his death. I love the idea of them doing a sort of history show. Come on would deffinantly be an ideal opener. They could do one show with that and another with I Wanna Be Your Man. Both excellent songs. Though to think realisticly, it aint gonna happen. Maybe it would be better if they started with Brown Sugar. Out of their hit rockers, its their best
04-28-02 07:33 PM
Cardinal Ximinez With the audio/video technology available today, the Stones could actually PLAY with Brian. Remember Natalie/Nat King Cole winning Grammies with a duet of "Unforgettable"? Why couldn't the Stones isolate some of Brian's guitar work, and play along with it? Have a big video montage of Brian playing guitar...or harmonica...sitar...whatever...they could do the same thing with Stu if they wished...

THAT would be cool...and kinda creepy too.
04-28-02 07:37 PM
gypsy Sorry, Ximi, but that is way too cheesy...Keith would NEVER go for that shit...
04-28-02 08:04 PM
Cardinal Ximinez Well, from what I have seen of the inner workings of the band lately...I don't think K will have a whole lot of say in it.
04-30-02 02:04 PM
Vile Dance Now we're getting somewhere. Birthday parties are supposed to be a little different than normal days...right? New stuff, nostalgia, sentimentality, anything goes....even... (as much as I abstain on the regular calendar)...even a little "mindless hero worship".
04-30-02 02:09 PM
Vile Dance Oh and Cardinal...how many "inner workings" of the band are you privy to? I thought Keith's Conciousness was the inner workings...LOL.
04-30-02 03:14 PM
Jaxx
quote:
Vacendak wrote:
but start the gig with "Come On," the other "Jones era" songs, then chronologically play tunes from the Talyor years, then the Woody era up to present. Or maybe just an extended "B-stage" set where they could do some of their earliest numbers. And it'd also be classy for them to mention ol' Stu as well. In fact, the more I think about it, I think it would be so awesome if the band went and did either the "VH1 Storytellers" show or "Live By Request," where they could share some rare stories betwen songs.

this is THE BEST scenario i've heard yet. the stuff fantasy concerts are made of!
04-30-02 06:38 PM
Honky Tonk Man Thhis is indeed a fantastic idea. I was thinking maybe they could alternate "Come On" with "I wanna be your man" for openers? They could keep some songs to play every time but maybe alternate songs like "19th Nervous" and "HYSYMBSIT Shadow"
05-01-02 03:59 AM
gypsymofo60 God forbid! the day/days when the so called original bad boys of rock start playing dewy eyed dedications to anyone is the day I start listening to Britney Spears/ Ronan Keating! I'm with Gypsy on this one, aaaaarrrrgggg!how revolting video montages of Brian. He was a great musician, yes it may have begun as his and Stu's band, but he was a weak individual who fucked up on drugs, and lets not forget liked to give the ladies a bit of the old GBH now and again. It is the year 2002, he's been dead, how long? 33 years, The band have moved on, why can't the fans? As for 'Come On',the entire group, Brian included hated that song with such a passion that they refused to play it on stage to promote it in 1963. And people are moaning about guests, at least thier alive!
05-01-02 05:00 AM
Honky Tonk Man Hmmm, intresting. So is it just in my imagination that the band performed "Come On" on Thank your lucky stars in 1963. Tv debut in fact. Im sure they did it on RSG as well.

05-01-02 08:58 AM
gypsymofo60 No it is not just your imagination running away with you! they regularly played 'Come On' on tour,and on TV like TYLS, (your right first TV apperance,) and on RSG, but they hated the song and only played it on the insistance of management, as soon as they were able they dropped it like a hot brick from all play lists.That is why it wont be found on any live LPS..........I wish someone would run into it n' wreck it...Gypsy.
05-01-02 12:27 PM
Honky Tonk Man Oh come on, its not that bad. Its not as corny as the b side "I Want To Be Loved" I like Charlies drumming on that number though. You cant say "I Wanna Be Your Man" isnt great though. The fab four had it in the pipe line to be on their next album, but John Lennon, seeing the boys needed a new number quickly finished it off for Mick and Keith. The Beatles then tossed it aside for Ringo. Now thats a TERRIBLE song.
05-03-02 09:06 AM
gypsymofo60 I actually like both 'I Want To Be Loved' & 'I Wanna Be Your Man', and I didn't actually say that I disliked 'Come On', but really for me the first decent recording by the band was 'Not Fade Away'...........I'm gonna tellya how it's gonna be!..cheers!

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.