ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

1964 - Dezo Hoffman
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Blind Date bootleg? Return to archive
04-29-03 05:33 PM
Mr. D I was looking at a listing of Stones boots, and happened to come across this one from Toronto in 79. It's 2 discs, with the first one having many songs I've never even heard of before. They are "Sweet Little rock n roller", "FUC Her", "Breathe on Me", "Infekshun", "I can feel the fire", and "Am i Grooving you". Where do they come from? Are they covers or just studio outtakes they decided to play live?
04-29-03 05:36 PM
voodoopug MANY OF THOSE ARE RONNIE WOOD SONGS SO I AM GUESSING THAT THE TORONTO SHOW FROM 1979 WAS THE NEW BARBARIANS SHOW THAT KEITH WAS SENTENCED TO PERFORM TO AVOID SERVING TIME FOR HEROIN TRAFFICING OR POSSESSION
04-29-03 05:48 PM
crb69 Yes, the New Barbarians opened the shows and after recently hearing this recording I have to say that it was the worst Stones "performance" I ever heard. I get into the raw jamming stuff the most but this was sad. They all must have been drunk. The New Barbarians stuff is cool but the Stones had to be wasted by the time they played. Keef was even hitting the wrong chords on JJF by the end of the show. Take my advice and make Blind Date the last boot you pick up if at all...Now Brussels '73 would be my first pick for Live vintage Stones...
04-29-03 06:25 PM
Mr. D Thanks for the info guys. I just looked it up, and yea it was a Stones/Barbarians show. Ill take your word and not pick this one up. As for Brussels 73....pure bliss.
04-29-03 06:57 PM
T&A Actually, it's a very interesting show. The Barbarians set is the first time they played together live before embarking on their spring tour of the US. The Stones set is their only 1979 performance - it certainly draws from their '78 setlist, but the uneven and interesting (IMO) performance is primarily due to very limited (apparently) rehearsal time. At one point they start into Respectable and Jagger can't remember the words and so they just jam for awhile on a Berry riff until he remembers how to start.
Yes, it's loose...but that's the charm, too.

The drunken introduction by John Belushi is hilarious, IMO. He has some nasty things to say about his absent partner, Dan Akroyd.

I wouldn't pass on this one, frankly - it's a keeper, in my book.
04-30-03 04:54 AM
dealer squealing Yeah i totally agree, its not the Stones at theyre best but it�s pure rock �n roll, very good cd both the Barbarians and the Stones and not forgetting theyre Prodigal Son
04-30-03 06:48 AM
bez85 get it..it rocks..dirty raw rock-n-roll the way it's supposed to be...

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003