ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

1964 - Dezo Hoffman
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Standing @ Glasgow ???? Return to archive
04-28-03 11:25 AM
FM I emailed the SECC to get a breakdown of ticket prices.

The reply was -

Thank you for your e-mail. Ticket prices are as follows:

Seated �35, �85 and �150
Standing �65

Standing ??? Anyone else heard that ?

Certainly when I saw The Who @ the SECC
there were standing tix, though I'm pretty sure the SECC
was the only UK venue with such tickets.

Fraser
04-28-03 11:46 AM
FM There will be standing - I should know.

Just got tix

Fraser
04-28-03 12:31 PM
Gazza Dublin has standing too - the area in front of where the b-stage would be
04-28-03 01:04 PM
FM Does that mean there will be seats in front of the standing area, or
will the standing area go right up to the stage.

Fraser

PS - sounds like a daft question I know, but �150
for a seat behind the standing area seems a bit
steep. But then seats in front of the standing area seems daft too !
04-28-03 01:08 PM
jb Gazza, please advise ASAP about how the sales are going for these shows. I imagine the Dublin show will be a very tough sale and I hope for your sake, they are not cancelled.
04-28-03 01:50 PM
erikjjf jb, the Dublin venue is really small.
I'm sure of a quick sellout. Also, they haven't played Ireland since 82, that should build up a lot of interest.

/Erik
04-28-03 01:52 PM
jb Thanks Erik...I know Ireland has been a tough sell for them in the past....almost as bad as Italy.
[Edited by jb]
04-28-03 06:18 PM
Gazza Dublin will sell very well....they also have a 2nd show planned so they seem optimistic. Its a small island of only 5 million people and theres a LOT of major concerts in the next 4 months, but I fully expect that show to sell out very quickly

Its a small venue too and the ticket prices were, by Stones standards, almost reasonable.

the reason they couldnt sell tickets in 1990 was (for some illogical explanation) due to the World Cup. Every act who played Ireland that summer had the same problem.

When they played Slane Castle in 1982 (which is in a tiny village of about 500 residents with about 6 pubs..lol) the total crowd was 80,000. That event is held every year now and as theres a tighter restriction on ticket sales nowadays, the Stones pulled in what was probably the biggest ever one day paying audience at the venue (Springsteen's show in '85 was officially limited to 65,000 but there were about 30,000 gatecrashers! U2 added a second show in 2001 so their aggregate attendance was bigger)

Its been 21 years. I'm sure they'll sell it out OK.
[Edited by Gazza]
04-29-03 05:53 AM
Highway Child Gazza, what about Manchester. It's strange there are no standing tix available. A friend of mine went one time to the Manchester M.N.E. Arena and told me that usually, there is a standing area available, and apparently, for the Stones, not !!
Then I've got one question about which tix is better.

Floor Seated Price Level 1 : 150 euros (locations : BL C, Row M, seat 9 to 9)

Floor Seated Price Level 2 : 85 euros (locations : BL F, row B, Seat 1 to 1)

Should I think that row M is better than row B ?
Thanks for helping me
04-29-03 09:14 AM
Scot Rocks Does anyone know if Standing are still available for Glasgow???????????

I need to know as I am not spending �60 on a membership for a seat.

Cheers

Mark
04-29-03 09:22 AM
Scot Rocks

Here is where the Stones are playing in Glasgow, I think the front area will be the �65 standing area, however I am not sure which setup they will have as they both say hall 4 on the website.

cheers

Mark

[Edited by Scot Rocks]
04-29-03 09:26 AM
Honky Tonk Man Highway Child, all these arenas usually have a standing section. Its usually the pit at the front. I have no ide why they don't for the Stones. Its all very weird. Paul McCartney recently played Earls Court, there was no standing. When Coldplay played there, there was. I can't beleive Wembly Arena is all seated. Its a joke.

This may read like a really stupid comment, but i honestly think that they are thinking of the average age of the fan attending these shows. They must be thinking these shows are going to be relaxing affair, rubbish! Just beecause the Stones don't have too many 13 yearold hoodie wearing Papa Roach fans, who like to mosh in the mosh pit, doesn't mean that any other Stones fan would like to stand.

Alex
04-29-03 09:34 AM
steel driving hammer No B Stage in Glasgow?

Highway Child - nice handle.

Now I'm gonna have that song all day in my head.
04-29-03 11:18 AM
Highway Child Steel Driving Hammer, you're lucky, it's one of the best Stones song.
04-29-03 12:07 PM
steel driving hammer Who plays guitar on that?

Mick? It's just him alone I think, no bass.
04-29-03 07:14 PM
Gazza I'd imagine the standing area in each of the venues would be in front of the stage stretching back to the b-stage (I'm presuming theres a B-stage still..right?) The seating plan I saw for Dublin seemed to just be a general one for the arena - however the MEN arena in Manchester has a SPECIFIC seating plan on their site for the Stones and shows a b-stage set up similar to the arena shows on the rest of the tour,so I can only presume the other venues are the same.

As for which of those two seats are the best. hard to say. I got 130 Euro tickets (ie level one prices)for Dublin but theyre at the front of the balcony at the BACK of the arena ,so I guess while the level 2 seats are closer to the main stage, they're gonna be at the SIDE so its up to you whether you prefer being closer but with a side view or a bit further back but directly facing the stage. I really cant understand the logic of the pricing structures for these shows anyway.
04-29-03 08:22 PM
Scot Rocks Yesssss, got my standing tickets!!!
04-30-03 09:29 AM
FM I think someone over on iorr.org is saying that
the box office said no B-stage in Glasgow.

I don't think there is enough room for one if
the lay out of the hall is the same as the layout
for every concert I've been to there (quite a few)

Fraser

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003