ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

1964 - Dezo Hoffman
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: LA Forum 6/11/72 1st Show Return to archive
04-28-03 05:01 AM
MRD8 How many of you have heard this great, uncirculated show that recently surfaced? It amazes me that this recording sat in somebodys house for over 30 years before it saw the light of day...to me it is one of the five best audience recordings from the Stones best tour ever...if you don't have this one hunt it down!
04-28-03 05:30 AM
marko I just heard about it!I�m going to get in next weeks tuesday??...........among 6 aussie shows!
04-28-03 06:50 AM
nasalwizard
quote:
MRD8 wrote:
How many of you have heard this great, uncirculated show that recently surfaced? It amazes me that this recording sat in somebodys house for over 30 years before it saw the light of day...to me it is one of the five best audience recordings from the Stones best tour ever...if you don't have this one hunt it down!

04-28-03 10:29 AM
T&A Yes- I just got this recently, too. Very nice, particularly in favor of MT - according to the liner notes - the recording took place nearer to him and it shows on the "quieter" numbers like LIV and YCAGWYW.... I agree it's in the upper echelon of '72 audience recordings....
04-28-03 12:21 PM
Francky Hi there

I'm VERY interested by the new version
of this show. Can somebody tell me
where I can order it. Is it a genuine
silver CD ?

Thanks for answer
Francky
04-28-03 12:51 PM
Voodoo Stones It's going to be remastered and released by Pignose Records..soon (with the agreement of the taper)
04-28-03 01:11 PM
jb IMHO, I have yet to hear an audience quality boot that is really enjoyable to listen to....
04-28-03 02:26 PM
T&A Jb: have you heard LA Friday (which was actually a Sunday show) - 7/13/75 LA Forum? Best sounding audience source for a Stones show - definitely "enjoyable" listening...
04-28-03 02:33 PM
jb SS sent me LA Friday....I thought it was a soundboard recording?
04-28-03 03:11 PM
T&A You see? Gotcha - it's an audience recording. The Thursday show from that LA run as well as both SF shows later that week are all excellent (not quite as good as LA Friday) as well....also several of the east coast 75 shows (the MSG ones, in particular) are all very listenable. But, I agree with your point in general regarding Stones audience sources....
04-28-03 03:15 PM
jb Very surprising!!! I really thought it was a sound board recording....I just find that the audience recordings are so frustrating to listen to...some parts sound good and when you get into it, the sound just fades out....but for the completist, like say Marko, they want it all!!!
04-28-03 06:42 PM
MRD8 I'll do a few B&P's for this one like I recently did for the Budokan discs...email me at [email protected] for details...

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003