ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

1964 - Dezo Hoffman
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Dixie Sluts Pose Nude to Answer Critics Return to archive Page: 1 2
04-25-03 06:11 PM
gypsy it's Ken Wahl, Joey...damn, get it right!
04-25-03 06:24 PM
Joey " it's Ken Wahl, Joey...damn, get it right! "

Forgive me my Gypsy ....................I will make it up to you by taking you to see Steely Dan with me this summer in Denver .

I know how much you just LOVE The Dan !

JOEYKINS ( BUNNY )

04-25-03 06:25 PM
steel driving hammer
quote:
gypsy wrote:
I just have one small suggestion that would make the photo more controversial...they should put their hands on each others' boobs.

Thats the way uh huh uh huh I like it, uh huh uh huh....
04-25-03 07:31 PM
Talya Peachfeather Hello, I haven't posted here in years.

I'm celebrating being inbetween jobs, and having a birthday yesterday, so had a couple of brandy's tonight, Listened to some Bonzo Dog Band "Doughnut in Grannie's Greenhouse" ('cos I'd been wanting to listen to it for some months - something about my last job reminded me of that album even though I haven't listened to it in 30 years or so - it was fabulous and not a scratch on it!!!). Now I'm going to sleep as I have to get up early in the morning to take the mandolin I just purchased for a set up in central London (the person starts work at 6 a.m., so I can park just outside). My birthday was awful, but today was fun, so I'm just pretending my birthday was today. Anyway, it's tomorrow now (12.30 a.m.). Goodnight.
04-25-03 08:29 PM
telecaster
quote:
gypsy wrote:
As if being sisters ever stopped the Barbi twins from touching each other's boobs.

The way the Barbi twins are all over each other all the time I just figured they were Siamese twins

[Edited by telecaster]
04-26-03 07:25 AM
gotdablouse
[Edited by gotdablouse]
04-26-03 10:50 PM
Sir Stonesalot I don't hate the Dixie Chicks for speaking out against the war, or insulting George Bush Jr.

I hate them because by merely EXISTING, they denegrate REAL Country music.

My pal Robbie Fulks says, "Country isn't pretty". A-MEN to that, Robbie!

I must say though, that I don't hate them as much as I hate that awful abomination She-Daisy.

I have absolutely NOTHING good to say about the so-called "New" Country music. I detest it. Completely and utterly detest it.
04-26-03 11:06 PM
J.J.Flash How about Garth Brooks or Alan Jackson, Sir Stonesalot? The word DISGRACE fits perfectly as only adjective to define them. What do you think Sir?
I really hate these 2 bastards!!

[Edited by J.J.Flash]
04-26-03 11:47 PM
Sir Stonesalot Garth? Alan Jackson? The 2 of them have sold a bazillion albums without writing one decent song between them.

Rubbish. All of it.
04-26-03 11:57 PM
J.J.Flash Yep, I know these suckers have sold lots and lots of albuns........You know Sir, COMERCIAL HITS!!!!!!! AWFUL!! BASTARDS.......
04-28-03 11:02 AM
Larry Dallas I detest the Dixie Chicks' music, but not their opinions. They've gotten a raw deal for expressing their ideas. Quite honestly, their music offends me more than their words.

They have helped the Garth Brooks-led country music industry to lower standards and bigger bucks. I appeal to anyone who reads or contributes to this board to go out this summer and check out Willie Nelson or Merle Haggard while they are still on their tour busses. These guys are phenomenal songwriters (like that needs to be said) and they add some balance to an otherwise awkward state of country music. Sadly though, Nashville has not picked up on those artists who are out to do the same thing as Willie, Merle, or Johnny Cash.

I live in Lexington, KY. I am quite embarassed that Lexington is the "home" of country posers Montgomery Gentry. Maybe one day country music will be given back to us, but until then we'll have to search for real country music. Check out Robbie Fulks, Lucinda Williams, Bruce Robison, Pat Green, Uncle Tupelo etc.
04-28-03 04:32 PM
FPM C10
quote:
Larry Dallas wrote:
I detest the Dixie Chicks' music, but not their opinions. They've gotten a raw deal for expressing their ideas. Quite honestly, their music offends me more than their words....but until then we'll have to search for real country music. Check out Robbie Fulks, Lucinda Williams, Bruce Robison, Pat Green, Uncle Tupelo etc.

Amen, Larry. I've never been able to actually DETEST the Dixie Chicks because one of them actually plays a dobro and I'm sorry but that's kinda hot. And they started out as an actual band before being molded into a brand name. But yeah, they're lame when you compare 'em to Freakwater.

On the other hand, what the hell's WRONG with what the little chubby one said? That she's embarrassed to be from the same state as W? The political climate that makes it a cardinal sin to say that is exactly WHY she's embarrassed. I'm embarrassed to be from the same PLANET as W. However, I have yet to detect any real backlash against the Chicks. Last billboard report I saw had their album at #1 on the Country charts, and they play their soldier-boy song video all the time on CMT. Seems like it was a little bit of a PR stunt, or at least their spin doctors made it into one.

On a happier note, I saw Robbie Fulks play in a living room a few years ago and it was a complete revelation. That guy is a damned genius.

And hell, if the White Stripes can get HUGE, even momentarily, I suppose it can happen to a guy like Robbie someday too.

By the way, everyone should go read his column called "My Day" at his website.
04-28-03 04:41 PM
Joey " Seems like it was a little bit of a PR stunt, or at least their spin doctors made it into one. "

< -------- Fleabit , I would like to clutch you to my bosom , softly , sweetly and gently stroke your young , sweaty , moist , quivering little Fleabit forehead and just say , " Thanks ! " for being so smart .

Me too little fella ........................Me too !

JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJACKY !

Page: 1 2

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003