ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

1964 - Dezo Hoffman
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Dixie Sluts Pose Nude to Answer Critics Return to archive Page: 1 2
04-24-03 12:39 PM
steel driving hammer NEW YORK (Reuters)

The Dixie Chicks appear nude on the cover of a weekly showbiz magazine in a defiant answer to a backlash over their opposition to the war in Iraq.

Reuters Photo

"It's not about the nakedness," the Post quotes band member Martie Maguire as saying. "It's about clothes getting in the way of labels."

Maguire and fellow musicians Emily Robison and Natalie Maines (news) said they posed nude for next week's issue of the magazine in response to the recent flap over Maines' remark at a London concert that they were "ashamed" President Bush (news - web sites) was from their home state of Texas.

The trio, who saw sales of their latest release plummet and fans smash their CDs after Maines' comment protesting the U.S.-led war on Iraq, said in a separate ABC TV "Primetime" interview to air on Thursday night that they fear for their lives amid criticism they say is "out of control."

Maines told ABC's Diane Sawyer she criticized Bush out of frustration and remains "passionate" in her anti-war views, even if she now regrets the remark. ABC released a transcript of the interview on Wednesday.

"At that moment, on the eve of war, I had a lot of questions that I felt were unanswered," Maines said. "I think the way I said it was disrespectful. The wording I used, the way I said it, that was disrespectful. I feel regret for, you know, the choice of words. Am I sorry that I asked questions and that I don't just follow? No."

Maines, who was interviewed with Maguire and Robison, said despite telling the London audience she was "ashamed the president of the United States is from Texas," she does not feel that way.

"No, I'm not truly embarrassed that, you know, President Bush is from my state, that's not really what I care about," she said. "I felt like there was a lack of compassion every time I saw Bush talking about this. I honestly felt a lack of compassion for people that are questioning this (war), for the people that are about to die for this on both sides."

Bandmate Maguire said she understood why some fans would be upset by the remark but found much of the reaction to be disproportionate.

04-24-03 12:46 PM
J.J.Flash Thanks for the info Steel, but you forgot to post the nude pics....... Google google google..... hahahahaha
04-24-03 01:16 PM
parmeda
quote:
J.J.Flash wrote:
Thanks for the info Steel, but you forgot to post the nude pics....... Google google google..... hahahahaha

You aren't missing anything...

I can't stand country music...makes me wanna start a fight.
04-24-03 01:36 PM
J.J.Flash
quote:
parmeda wrote:

You aren't missing anything...

Oh yeah Parmie, I can't take it too..... You are correct! Thanks for remind me this detail! I was blind!
Cheers!
04-24-03 02:53 PM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
parmeda wrote:

oh pam i love you so much and then you go and say something like that...

i don't understand...the stones are, at least, one third stoned country

does hank williams mean nothing to you !!

is all our love in vain!!

yrs.
04-24-03 03:17 PM
parmeda
quote:
stonedinaustralia wrote:
oh pam i love you so much and then you go and say something like that...

i don't understand...the stones are, at least, one third stoned country

does hank williams mean nothing to you !!

is all our love in vain!!

yrs.

LOL my sweet!
Let me rephrase that, please.

I DETEST anything that is continually whiney, sappy and just plain 'ole don't understand the meaning to...
90% of the stuff that rolls out of Nashville falls under that category.

And yes, Mr. Williams is tollerable...as is Mr. Cash...Mr. Jennings...Mr. Nelson...to name BUT A FEW, lol...
04-24-03 03:19 PM
Nellcote Well Darlin, them slim wimen mean nothin to me.
Fars I cun see, I'd rather be drivin home, thru Bakersfield, listnin to Gospel Music on the Colored raydio station, then ever play one 'em Dixie Shits reacords.
They are not sumpin even close to true country, y'all unnerstand! I reckon they jess tryin to grab headlines to salvage their desparate bein. Probably the middle one will be fixin to deal with that dieet broad Jenny Craig befor long, tryin ta take of all 'em ham hocks she been eatin!
04-24-03 03:21 PM
parmeda LMAO!
04-24-03 03:50 PM
Joey

<----- Where's them nude pics ?????????

HUH ???????

Take it easy little buddy .............In due time ! CHILL !!!!!!

JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJACKY BOY !
04-24-03 03:52 PM
Moonisup rude rude rude,, I wish I was nude
04-24-03 03:54 PM
steel driving hammer
quote:
Moonisup wrote:
rude rude rude,, I wish I was nude

What boot is that from?

I know I know it! Fuck!

Hurry up and tell me you bastard!
04-24-03 03:56 PM
Moonisup hampton 1981

just before or after Tumblin dice! hahahahahaha

04-24-03 04:01 PM
Joey Moon is Up .................................

All of your Avatars are absolutely beautiful -- and funny !

The ground just shook from me laughing so hard that one would think Muhammad Ali and Katharine Hepburn were shaking hands over here ......................

( laugh track + applause + standing O )

YES !!!!

STONERS !

J. Kins Fly !
04-24-03 04:09 PM
Moonisup I am flattered Joey!

treesome with G?
is that tooooooo much asked>/

[Edited by Moonisup]
04-24-03 04:13 PM
steel driving hammer
quote:
Moonisup wrote:
hampton 1981

just before or after Tumblin dice! hahahahahaha

Do the Horrendous to THAT if you Caaaiine....

Thanks.
04-25-03 12:13 PM
Gazza here's the pic in question

thanks to Tim (Seer Sucker Suit) for the link

04-25-03 12:20 PM
steel driving hammer Thats it!!!???

No Nipple?
04-25-03 12:22 PM
L&A The left one has a sexy strabismus
04-25-03 12:29 PM
lonecrapshooter Diane Sawyer did a good job of grilling them on TV last tonight...they embarrassed themselves even more especially that imbecile Natalie..their next show is in South Carolina....good luck!
04-25-03 12:29 PM
Joey Not one OUNCE of body fat !

Buy them girls a drink ........................

JOEY !
04-25-03 01:43 PM
KeepRigid I guess this finally answers the age old question, "What to do after pissing off the Bible Belt?"

Pose nude, of course!

I swear my lawyer HAS to be behind this strategy.
04-25-03 04:28 PM
gypsy Your lawyer is probably behind all of the obvious airbrushing as well...cuz we all know that the Dixie Chick in the middle is a fat ass.
04-25-03 04:31 PM
Joey Gypsy ..................................

Your recent post has that " Fred Sanford Monkey in Your Soul feel " but way, way more complex .

Monster Hooks GIRL !!! More than a Tuna boat!

YES !!!!!

Developing ...............................

JACKY BOY !
04-25-03 04:51 PM
gypsy I just have one small suggestion that would make the photo more controversial...they should put their hands on each others' boobs.
04-25-03 04:54 PM
Moonisup to controversial for them

I will put hand on it, it's a men's job, and I must do, someone has got to it!

I have 4 hands, Freddi lives on my back
04-25-03 05:15 PM
Joey " I just have one small suggestion that would make the photo more controversial...they should put their hands on each others' boobs. "

You Go Girl !
04-25-03 05:28 PM
Highwire Rob They should have posed on the front cover of a French magazine!

Europe doesn't have the hang-up we Americans have over showing some ta ta's. Really nude on a French cover--Now that would be making a statement!

Texas Pie for everyone.
04-25-03 05:36 PM
telecaster
quote:
gypsy wrote:
I just have one small suggestion that would make the photo more controversial...they should put their hands on each others' boobs.

Considering the 2 in front are sisters it would add an entire new aspect to the boob touching

Ah hell, why don't they just kiss as well
04-25-03 05:40 PM
gypsy As if being sisters ever stopped the Barbi twins from touching each other's boobs.
04-25-03 05:54 PM
Joey " As if being sisters ever stopped the Barbi twins from touching each other's boobs. "

What ever happened to them ?????

Which one married Ken Dahl ???????

Which one married Judith Light ????

What shall I have before dinner this evening , a Bombay Sapphire Martini or a bottle of Red Wine ( Expensive Chilian Stuff ) ?????????????????????

Developing ..................

Joey !

Page: 1 2

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003