ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

1964 - Dezo Hoffman
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Latest Unreleased Song - It's been 2+ years! Return to archive
04-24-03 03:41 AM
gotdablouse This is probably the longest period of time with NO new unreleased song seeing the light of day :-( How sad is that!
And it was only an alternative version to...boot, the "reggae version" of SMU.

Going back in time we got:
95/97 - Voodoo Lounge Sessions - 30+ songs
93/95 - New Some Girls/ER Sessions - 20+ songs
95 - Ultra Rare tracks from the 70s (Kingston '72, Munich '73, etc...)

Anyone got the low dow on new stuff coming out?
My "requests":
- Steel Wheels sessions - I know the '89 version of "Gangster's Moll" is making the rounds
- B2B sessions
04-24-03 04:16 AM
Lazy Bones
quote:
gotdablouse wrote:
This is probably the longest period of time with NO new unreleased song seeing the light of day :-( How sad is that!

1 October 2002 - Forty Licks (4 new tracks). No, not a "new" album, but at least 4 new tracks. A fine date, too, I might add...

Don't Stop
Keys To Your Love
Stealing My Heart
Losing My Touch

Although not "new", you may wish to include, the multiple "edit" and "new mix" versions that differ worldwide.
[Edited by Lazy Bones]
04-24-03 05:45 AM
Mathijs Not true. The CD "How England Got The Blues", with four new Little Boy Blue and the Blue Boy tracks, plus about 6 or 7 new and never heard songs from the 1963/1964 period is out now for about 5 months.

Mathijs
04-24-03 06:24 AM
gotdablouse I wasn't referring to new official songs ;-)

Point taken for the 63/64 songs. I'll look up that CD, do you talk about it on your website?

I must say though that I'm more anxious to hear "new" unreleased tracks from 1965 and after when the Stones' started building their own style. "English Summer" anyone ;-)
04-24-03 07:56 AM
Lazy Bones
quote:
Mathijs wrote:
Not true. The CD "How England Got The Blues", with four new Little Boy Blue and the Blue Boy tracks, plus about 6 or 7 new and never heard songs from the 1963/1964 period is out now for about 5 months.

Mathijs

Yes, true. Perhaps, in addition to. Which country(ies) was that released? I think gotdablouse was thinking along the lines of recent recordings. If not, my apologies...

Thanks for the info, Mathijs!
04-24-03 02:01 PM
gotdablouse Yeah, like I said I'm more interested in material written by the Stones as opposed to covers.
I haven't been able to unearth ANY info about that releas Mathijs, help!
04-25-03 09:04 AM
gotdablouse So anyone got details on that "Blues" cd with these new unerathed songs?
04-25-03 10:01 AM
Stonesprofessor Making the b/p rounds...send me an instant message if ya want one!
04-27-03 02:48 PM
Gazza wouldnt mind a copy of that as well...e-mail me on [email protected] if you fancy a trade for it!

thanks
04-27-03 03:56 PM
stewed & Keefed Hi,

I'd like a copy of that as well,can we do a deal?
04-27-03 04:17 PM
BillyBoll If anyone is stuck for "How England Got the Blues" let me know and I'll do copies.

I'm away from tomorrow for a few days but will respond to mails on Thursday/Friday.
04-27-03 04:23 PM
gotdablouse Sounds great!
Anyone got a setlist by the way?
[email protected]
04-28-03 04:05 AM
BillyBoll Tracklist for "How England Got the Blues"

1. Little Queenie
2. Beautiful Delilah
3. Down the Road Apeice
4. I Aint Got You (Little Boys Blue, Dartford, late 1961)
5. Leave Me Alone (Jagger/Richards, 1963)
6. Goodbye Girls (Wyman, Chess, 1964)
7. It Should Be You (Jagger/Richards, 1963)
8. That Girl Belongs to Yesterday (Jagger/Richards, 1963)
9. Aint That Loving You Baby
10. Don�t Lie to Me
11. Mona
12. Walking the Dog
13. Bye Bye Johnny
14. I Wanna Be Your Man (BBC Saturday Club, 1964)
15. Roll Over Beethoven (BBC Saturday Club, 1964)
16. Little By Little
17. I Just Wanna Make Love to You

Anyone needs it - mail me but I wont reply till Thursday/Friday.

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003