ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

1964 - Dezo Hoffman
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: GIMME YOUR FAVE KEEF PIC NOW! Return to archive
04-23-03 08:55 AM
oldkr email your fave - or most obscure keef pic for a page on oldkr.co.uk - DO IT NOW

OLDKR
04-23-03 09:44 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Hi oldkr , I see a lot of pictures from this website and board at your website and I don't see any link to us or credits to the authors, do you think that's netiquette?
04-23-03 10:00 AM
voodoopug agreed. At least put a link to Rocks off on your site as that is only fair
04-23-03 10:22 AM
Moonisup most pics aren't credited!
04-23-03 12:20 PM
Lazy Bones

Not too soon either as he was a key player in eliminating my Leafs last night!
04-24-03 08:50 AM
oldkr Ive never been asked to link Rocks Off - i will if somebody sends me a link image - as for credits , its rare anybody credits pics , and there is a clear message on the gallery page (although its down at the moment!) for authors or you voodoochile if you feel the need to email the filenames of the pics that need credit and i'll happily credit em !

cheers - nice to know some of you visit the site

OLDKR
04-24-03 09:53 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Dear Oldkr

I'm not asking for a link, I just was asking for the minimum netiquette, but based on your reply seems that you don't have it.
Your statement "as for credits , its rare anybody credits pics" does not apply to this website. We post at least one image daily, and have posted more than 5,000 images, many of them of Keith and always give credits to the author, and if possible dates, venues, information about the photo.

My intention was different but based on this reply I changed my mind. So instead of credits please remove them all, I'm going to send a PM to you to remove at least 20 images. I don't have time to see all the images in your tester and the gallery is password-protected so I don't know if there's more there, but to look for images in other websites and post them at your website is not educated, even if the website using the image is not the author, to scan, or process and image is a work and you�re just copying and pasting the images not adding any additional information or credits, and it takes seconds.

Sorry to write this way, but I was more than friendly in my previous message, and for the record we have authorized a lot of webmasters to use information or images from us, we have even donated information or work to other recognized websites, and the information is just there, not in this place.

I don't like fights between people with the same interest, after all...

We're in the same boat
On the same sea

04-24-03 10:10 AM
voodoopug I have to side with VoodooChile on this one, I had a similar situation with one of my web pages where someone was taking my images without crediting them even though I had all images credited that i received from other sites. It is proper nettiquite to not plagerize.
04-24-03 10:37 PM
gypsy I agree with voodoo. I gave oldkr a baby pic of Keith that I had scanned. He said he would link my Anita site, but never did. Yet, he used one of my Anita pix and a few others of Keith's girlfriends, with no mention of my site.
04-25-03 02:42 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl I don't know if you see your PMs so now you have an e-mail, please check it out... in your own words - DO IT NOW
04-25-03 03:59 PM
Pattie
gypsy, what�s your site? I wanna take a look
04-25-03 04:04 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl http://groups.msn.com/AnitaPallenberg
04-25-03 04:25 PM
Pattie
Thanks voodoo!
04-26-03 07:44 AM
oldkr Jayme ive always given credi where i can and even posted pics on your behlaf on shidoobee - i dont like witch hunts at the best of times especially when im the witch!

OLDKR
04-27-03 08:19 AM
oldkr THE MATTER HAS NOW BEEN RESOLVED AND HOPEFULLY FORGOTTEN

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003