ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

1964 - Dezo Hoffman
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: IMPORTANT!!!: Who here is going to London?!?!?! :) Return to archive
04-20-03 08:05 PM
MarthaMyDear I have to make this brief because I am behind on some work I'm doing and it looks like it's going to be an all-nighter to catch-up... Anyways, I am not sure if my friend, who I was GOING to go to London with, etc., is going to be able to go so I am wondering who here is going to any of the London shows, etc., and can HOPEFULLY show me around because I'm a foreigner in a foreign land and it will be my FIRST time going there, etc., and I can PAY you, or something (like buy you things, etc., because I want to go shopping there, etc.), just to be my guide while I am there for ten days (9-10 days), I think it is... I am not sure she can't go yet, but I am just wondering who is going already, is all... You can, also, PM me instead of replying to this post and visa-versa, if that is ok. as I don't like to leave my email address on message boards anymore... lol................................. :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P Anyways, please reply by posting or PMing me and thank you!!! I hope to see you there either way!!! PEACEand ROCK ON!!!

*** Martha ***
04-20-03 10:50 PM
Bluzian Martha,

Yes, I'll be leaving on August 22nd out of Toronto. I have rellies that live on upper richmond road, so it's always
been incredibly convenient if ya know what I mean?? London
is great and everyone is friendly and it's so much fun.
Getting around is easy, the only thing to be concerned about
is in the off-chance of a tube-strike, or that some of the
public transit shuts down early, so you may find yourself
stranded in a part of town. but I'm sure we will be hooking
up. I really think all of the members on this board should
make an true effort in rounding up at the local pub prior
to the shows.

Cheers,
Ian
04-21-03 07:11 AM
Honky Tonk Man Martha, im not sure what my plans are for the London shows yet. So im not sure how im going to be able to help you. You will have NO problem using the tubes. It are far less complicated than the Subway you have in New York.

As far as meeting up with people goes, im only really looking at the Wembley Show. Twikenhams more difficult as im going with my dad, then my brother for the next one.

We can discuss this nearer the time. I know your going to be fine and im really looking forward to meeting you on August 29th!

Alex
04-21-03 07:43 AM
Strange_Stray_Cat Hi Martha,

Moon and I will arrive August 25 and leave August 30. I've been to London a couple of times and would be happy to show you around.
04-21-03 02:35 PM
parmeda Martha wants to do some shopping during her stay....make sure you guys bring her to Harrods!

(Martha, you'll go nuts there!)
04-21-03 03:10 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
parmeda wrote:
Martha wants to do some shopping during her stay....make sure you guys bring her to Harrods!

(Martha, you'll go nuts there!)

I'll drop here at Harrods and pick her up at the end of the day..LOL!!
04-23-03 03:05 AM
Madafaka I haven't enough money, but I accept fly tickets for a gift!
04-24-03 01:56 PM
J.J.Flash
quote:
Madafaka wrote:
I haven't enough money, but I accept fly tickets for a gift!

huahuahauhauhauhauahauhau, Motherfucker, you crazy bastard..... you are really insane!! You are right man, let't start to "begging" out..... What do you think?
Like a rag-and-bone man, let's try...... Our appeal(plea) would be like "We have no Stones, please, money, money, we want to see the boys, and we have no money....WE need some Stones crazy night..."
04-27-03 04:06 AM
MarthaMyDear YOU GUYS ARE SO NICE!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! I'm sorry it took me awhile to reply but I've just been tremendously busy lately, is all, with ALOT of work and family things, etc., so I'm sorry about that!!! Anyways, well it turns out that my friend can go after all BUT if by any chance she can't, I'll PM you nice guys and I'm sure I'll be ok., alrighty-o?!?!?! I have somewhat of a back-up plan if she can't go, so things will be ok.!!! I'll post here WELL before the London shows so we can have the get-together all planned-out, etc., so everyone can meet-up, etc., and it's convenient for as many people as possible!!! And, anyone else can do the same, so... And, I look TREMENDOUSLY forward to meeting you ALL at the get-together(s) and at other times, etc., around the shows, also, so this sounds EXCELLENT!!!

Pam, Harrods sounds EXPENSIVE (?!?!?!)... ROTFLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm into BARGAIN shopping, girlfriend!!! Actually, that's definitely the ONLY shopping I'll be doing there if I don't start watching my bread more here... lol............................................... :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P And, Strange_Stray_Cat, TYPICAL GUY RESPONSE!!! HE!!! HE!!! ROTFLOL!!! Oh, boy... lol............................................... :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P Anyways, I have to go but thank you for your replies, you nice, silly people, and I'll talk to you all SOON!!! Anyways, take care, PEACE, and ROCK ON!!!

*** Martha ***
04-27-03 07:09 AM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
MarthaMyDear wrote:
And, Strange_Stray_Cat, TYPICAL GUY RESPONSE!!! HE!!! HE!!! ROTFLOL!!! Oh, boy...

I'd love to go to Harrods with you!
04-27-03 07:11 AM
Moonisup I think I am in london with SSC?

04-27-03 07:12 AM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
Moonisup wrote:
I think I am in london with SSC?

No.
04-27-03 07:18 AM
Moonisup I am devistated
04-27-03 07:19 AM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
Moonisup wrote:
I am devistated

You'll get over it.
04-27-03 07:26 AM
MarthaMyDear SSC, you are cracking me up!!! ROTFLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GOD, YOU JUST COMPLETELY BRIGHTENED MY MORNING (and you didn't even know what you did, I bet)!!! HE!!! HE!!! HA!!! ROTFLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P THANK YOU *** SO *** MUCH!!! CRACKING-UP!!! JUST NEVERMIND!!! I'm in my own fucking world!!! ROTFLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P I will NOT shop with a guy, though, 'cause, well, they are just WAY too slow (spending money, and shit)!!! HE!!! HE!!! lol............................ :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P BUT, I WILL see you at the get-together, etc., I HOPE, so take care, PEACE, and STAY FUNNY!!! ROTFLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P You both are cracking me up, actually!!! HE!!! HE!!! Ahhh... I'm in a good mood again... Thank you... ROTFLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P TAKE CARE, YOU GUYS!!! lol............................ :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

*** Martha ***
04-27-03 07:30 AM
MarthaMyDear Christ... lol............................ :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P That Devil's Spawn pic. is starting to haunt me... HE!!! HE!!! ROTFLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P Christ, Devistated... Must I look at him so early in the morning?!?!?! ROTFLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P Just playing... Weird mood... HE!!! HE!!! lol............................ :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P Cracking-up... lol............................ :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P Take care!!! lol............................ :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

*** Martha ***
04-27-03 07:45 AM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
MarthaMyDear wrote:
I will NOT shop with a guy, though, 'cause, well, they are just WAY too slow

What WILL you do with a guy?
04-27-03 10:08 AM
MarthaMyDear NOTHING!!! ROTFLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P Persistent little bugger, ain't he??? HE!!! HE!!! ROTFLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P CHRIST ALMIGHTY!!! ROTFLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P HE!!! HE!!! :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

*** Martha ***
04-27-03 12:03 PM
Moonisup aahhhhh it was early in the morning for you eh?

well I think chuck is on his best early in mornings!
04-27-03 03:14 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
MarthaMyDear wrote:
NOTHING!!! ROTFLOL

Now I am crying
04-27-03 09:06 PM
MarthaMyDear NO... You are INSANE!!! HE!!! HE!!! Just playing... lol............................................ Take care, SSC!!! lol.................... PEACE!!!

*** Martha ***
04-27-03 09:33 PM
parmeda Oh Martha...you HAVE to walk into the front door of Harrods! (psst...then go to the fine china department on the second floor, and for God's sake, at least buy a tea cup!!!)
It's one of those things, that you'll be kicking yourself for the rest of your life, if you don't...

Guys, you make sure Martha gets in there, LOL!
04-27-03 11:03 PM
MarthaMyDear Ok.... I'll buy a tea cup... ROTFLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P I'm going to have to have THAT souvineer so I can ask people when they visit, "Would you like a spot o' tea???"!!! HE!!! HE!!! I've always liked that... ROTFLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P But, isn't Harrod's kind of a department store?!?!?! I checked-out their web site last night and they have some nice things, etc., but I'm more of a rock n' roller, I think (although I'm trying to veer slightly away from that, etc., just for a change, etc.), and I know I'm definitely gonna go to this one street that I heard has alot of rock and punk types of things and funky boutiques, etc.... I'm going to HAVE to get some shoes there that say Made In England... Some new Doc Martens, or something... I'll go to Harrod's, though, 'cause I've heard of it, definitely, and if that's a big "staple" kind of place to visit, I should!!! Thank you for the tip, PAM!!! I wish you could go but if not, I hope you get to see some more shows!!! And, I hope this stupid SARS does not fricking spread even more so we ALL can see the rest of the shows... CHRIST!!! Anyways, take care, PEACE, and ROCK ON!!!

*** Martha ***
04-28-03 04:13 AM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
MarthaMyDear wrote:
NO... You are INSANE!!! HE!!! HE!!!

Now I am crying again!

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003