ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

1964 - Dezo Hoffman
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Whats the best ballad? Return to archive Page: 1 2
04-16-03 07:19 PM
vampire Imo, Memory Motel, love this one.

I bought a Rolling Stones "boot" this afternoon, named "Ballads", but doesn't have Memory Motel!

Actualy, the record doesnt have anything unofficial.
It is a boot, but only with oficial stuff.

Wondering...in US is there also this kind of crap?
This i bought is from Germany, from Falcon Music
04-16-03 07:30 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Memory is great, when I heard it for the first time live at the Hartford Civic Center, it was like a gift from God, whole silence interrupted by a heaven-made ballad, but let me telll you, my favourite goes to

Already over me
04-16-03 08:17 PM
vampire
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
(...)but let me telll you, my favourite goes to
Already over me

Hummmmm. that�s because that On the way down to Mexico
As I danced in your rodeo
lyrics..

04-17-03 03:06 AM
Madafaka Time is on my side
04-17-03 06:31 AM
egon smiles sweetly
04-17-03 06:49 AM
Jumacfly winning ugly....
04-17-03 08:17 AM
Honky Tonk Man Wild Horses
04-17-03 09:53 AM
Fabio Hot Stuff Yeah, maybe "MEMORY MOTEL" is really the absolute best ballad, but...I was thinking.. what should you say about "SWEET HEART TOGETHER"?
Simply wonderfull
04-17-03 10:30 AM
steel driving hammer Love In Vain.

Btw, not related to topic but last night I was listening to several live versions of Beast Of Burden from 81-82 and again, solo part is prolly the best thing I've ever heard in my sweet short life. The trading off of licks between Keith and Bobby/Gene are just so loose but yet so heavy. The loose trade off is incredible. Back and forth, stop, start up again. Then you have Charlie never missing a beat and keeping pace all through out.
04-17-03 10:36 AM
T&A SDH:

Bobby didn't play on Beast during 81/82 - perhaps you mean Ernie (and, then Gene in 82).
04-17-03 11:20 AM
Nasty Habits
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
Memory is great, when I heard it for the first time live at the Hartford Civic Center, it was like a gift from God, whole silence interrupted by a heaven-made ballad, but let me telll you, my favourite goes to

Already over me

Killer choice, there Voo,

but I'm just about a

Moonlight Mile

on down the road

04-17-03 01:18 PM
winter Tie - Moonlight Mile and Winter
04-17-03 01:43 PM
Joey WINTER !

Period .
04-17-03 01:50 PM
stonedinaustralia you got the silver (?)
04-17-03 02:28 PM
jb Angie unquestionably is their most beautiful ballad followed closely by Memory Motel, Almost Hear You Sigh, and Winter.
04-17-03 02:34 PM
J.J.Flash Hum, difficult to answer this question. I always wonder the same. Angie, Wild Horses, Memory Motel, Love in Vain, even Coming Down Again, I really don't know........ All great tunes.
04-17-03 05:45 PM
vampire
quote:
stonedinaustralia wrote:
you got the silver (?)

I like sung by Mick.
04-17-03 05:47 PM
Moonisup Anyway you look at it??????????????????

I go for:

sister morphine, memory motel, always suffering and heaven
04-17-03 06:41 PM
Angiegirl Winter, Worried about you, Almost hear you sigh, Memory Motel, Sleep tonight...

Can't choose as usual.
I love Wild Horses for example, but it's just that I've heard it too many times to still really appreciate it as I should, probably.
04-17-03 11:13 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy Another hard question...

I'm gonna say...

"Midnight Rambler".

And while, according to some, this is the correct answer, I'm actually going to say...

"You Got The Silver", from the same album.

-tSYX --- You got my heart, you got my soul...
04-18-03 05:55 AM
magicwoman wild horses and love in vain
04-18-03 06:38 AM
Jumacfly worried about you , love in vain...and, my fav, Let it loose!!!
cheers
Ju
04-18-03 08:43 AM
Factory Girl Let It Loose, loving cup, Moonlight mile, Almost hear you sigh.
04-18-03 10:49 AM
RubyFriday As I love the Stones ballads almost more than the rockers ,I' m an expert in these.....(if you believe this ,you believe anything)

Memory Motel,Moonlight Mile,Waiting on a friend....... really good choices and not to forget the 10 minutes version of Already Over Me.....

But my vote goes to.......New Faces...an undiscovered gem IMO.

I love all the tracks with this instrument,sounds like a spinett,is it harpsichord ?
04-18-03 11:22 AM
littleredrooster Wild Horses is the best!

Can Almost Hear You Sigh
No Expectations
Out Of Tears
[Edited by littleredrooster]
04-18-03 11:35 AM
vampire
quote:
RubyFriday wrote:
(...)Memory Motel,Moonlight Mile,Waiting on a friend....... really good choices and not to forget the 10 minutes version of Already Over Me.....

Humm, what version you�re talking about?
Also, really true Babyface(!) has produced one version of this song? Why there�re no unofficial stuff from Bt2 out there?
04-18-03 11:55 AM
RubyFriday
quote:
vampire wrote:

Humm, what version you�re talking about?
Also, really true Babyface(!) has produced one version of this song? Why there�re no unofficial stuff from Bt2 out there?

But there is ! There are Bridges To Babylon Remixes I +II.Already Over Me is from BTB Remixes I,which is better than II.There's also a great 10 minutes version of Out Of Control on it(Papa Was A Rolling Stone-mix)
[Edited by RubyFriday]
04-18-03 04:54 PM
icydanger love is strong
heavenly .... a beautiful dream lol
04-18-03 04:56 PM
icydanger this was for the harmonica part
04-18-03 05:22 PM
vampire
quote:
RubyFriday wrote:
But there is ! There are Bridges To Babylon Remixes I +II.Already Over Me is from BTB Remixes I,which is better than II.There's also a great 10 minutes version of Out Of Control on it(Papa Was A Rolling Stone-mix)
[Edited by RubyFriday]

Ooops!

I didn�t know. Thank you for let me know...
As Stones fan I�m really a fiasco...
Page: 1 2

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003