ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Doris Richards Funeral - 1 May 2007
© Matrix with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: 1975 Paris Return to archive
27th April 2007 11:15 PM
duck
28th April 2007 12:08 AM
pdog cool clip, Paris was 76, USA was 75.
28th April 2007 03:06 AM
ExileIzzy Cool clip
28th April 2007 12:18 PM
rocker The best opening opening of all the tours.
28th April 2007 02:45 PM
MrPleasant Oh yeah, I was there.

(No, I wasn't.)
28th April 2007 03:40 PM
fireontheplatter i love video.
28th April 2007 07:49 PM
gotdablouse Great clip indeed, I didn't know they still had the lotus stage in Europe in 1976, wonder what happened to that stage BTW !
28th April 2007 08:06 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
gotdablouse wrote:
Great clip indeed, I didn't know they still had the lotus stage in Europe in 1976, wonder what happened to that stage BTW !

Probably not Paris. See above.
28th April 2007 09:23 PM
Bob Tamp It's LA 1975
28th April 2007 09:28 PM
Erik_Snow
quote:
Bob Tamp wrote:
It's LA 1975

It most certainly is. One can see Bianca Jagger being shown to her seat during Fanfare For The Common Man.
28th April 2007 11:08 PM
duck Sorry about the date, city and year
28th April 2007 11:18 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
duck wrote:
Sorry about the date, city and year

No worries. Thanks for posting!
29th April 2007 06:17 AM
Jumping Jack With the longer shows, greatest setlist ever, greatest stage ever, and over the top rock and roll decadence a case could be made the early 75 leg was even better than 72-73. This DVD doesn't do it justice and I hope one day a remastered original is put on the market as an official release.
29th April 2007 07:01 AM
Erik_Snow
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
This DVD doesn't do it justice and I hope one day a remastered original is put on the market as an official release.

Or even better: a different 75 show, as this July 11th show is among the least good concerts that year.
29th April 2007 11:15 AM
_Boomy_ Why in the hell won't they release this shit officially? They could make a fortune off of it.
29th April 2007 04:11 PM
Erik_Snow
quote:
_Boomy_ wrote:
Why in the hell won't they release this shit officially? They could make a fortune off of it.

Don't think they'd make a fortune out of any release these days. People download for free, and 95% of the world...maybe 99% is not interested in any Stones release. The money, these days, is in sucking out hundreds of dollars from the fans who want to see them live. You can't charge that much for a DVD/CD anyhow.
Also....I think the Stones' fortune is big enough these days, who knows why they continue to exploit us fans with ticketpackages/memberships these days. THey will never live to spend their money anyway. I think Bill WYman has a neater way of finding dimes.....
The only reason for Stones to release something from their vaults is if they simply had an interest in showing the world a different side of their career, and also interest in giving the fans what they long for....in contrast to "getting from the fans what they are willing to pay".
But why would they want to show several sides of their career....isn't it enough with 2 discs on 40 licks ?
29th April 2007 04:35 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
Erik_Snow wrote:

Don't think they'd make a fortune out of any release these days. People download for free, and 95% of the world...maybe 99% is not interested in any Stones release. The money, these days, is in sucking out hundreds of dollars from the fans who want to see them live. You can't charge that much for a DVD/CD anyhow.
Also....I think the Stones' fortune is big enough these days, who knows why they continue to exploit us fans with ticketpackages/memberships these days. THey will never live to spend their money anyway. I think Bill WYman has a neater way of finding dimes.....
The only reason for Stones to release something from their vaults is if they simply had an interest in showing the world a different side of their career, and also interest in giving the fans what they long for....in contrast to "getting from the fans what they are willing to pay".
But why would they want to show several sides of their career....isn't it enough with 2 discs on 40 licks ?

good point
i am not so sure about the 99% not being interested in a any or new releases tho.
bill whyman has a neater way of finding dimes.???...sure he does... give me a break.
the stones are playing live in a month for 3 months...you should be HAPPY about that.
29th April 2007 04:36 PM
ExileIzzy I want a '69 show on dvd
29th April 2007 04:53 PM
Erik_Snow
quote:
fireontheplatter wrote:

bill whyman has a neater way of finding dimes.???...sure he does... give me a break.
the stones are playing live in a month for 3 months...you should be HAPPY about that.

I was thinking about Bill Wyman's metal detector, he found some old dimes with it.
And of course I'm happy about a Stones tour, it's a thrill to see them, but I don't have to like everything about their way of running things.
A lot of their decisions suck, but of course I still dig that band.

[Edited by Erik_Snow]
29th April 2007 05:26 PM
_Boomy_
quote:
Erik_Snow wrote:

I guess I was being selfish. I would like them to release them officially because of the convenience.

29th April 2007 05:43 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
_Boomy_ wrote:

I guess I was being selfish. I would like them to release them officially because of the convenience.

dude man...you're hardly selfish.

1/2 the world would like this to happen....don't you know by now people are lazy by nature.
its like...just fucking deliver it to me and here is my cc #
29th April 2007 09:39 PM
tumbled gotta love that REAL honky tonk piano...
30th April 2007 02:11 AM
GimmeExile The vaults will be open when the band is buried and their estates want to make some money...and continue the Stones legacy.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)