ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Doris Richards Funeral - 1 May 2007
© Matrix with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Sir Mick Jagger is bored with his autobiography! Return to archive Page: 1 2
27th April 2007 07:11 AM
Ten Thousand Motels Sir Mick Jagger is bored with his autobiography!

Washington, April 27: English singer Sir Mick Jagger`s is finding it very difficult to finish his autobiography, for he`s now finding the job too `boring`.

The Rolling Stones star revealed that he initially agreed to reveal all as he was offered a huge sum of money.

But the rocker has now put the book on hold, for he`s finding the task too boring.

"I was offered a large sum of money, which I found tempting and I started writing, Contactmusic quoted Jagger, as saying.

"I was sitting around talking endlessly about the past, living in it. And I found it rather dull," he said.

The veteran singer feels that instead of penning the autobiography in the traditional way he will try to work on something more creative to tell his rock n` roll lifestyle.

"I`d love to find another form to do it in. A book form, but not in the accepted showbiz memoir," he added.
27th April 2007 07:17 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
"I was sitting around talking endlessly about the past, living in it. And I found it rather dull," he said.

Rather dull? Maybe Shoulda stayed in school then.

27th April 2007 07:24 AM
Bruno Hot teacher! I wish I was one of those "sex slaves" students.
27th April 2007 08:05 AM
Mel Belli Hasn't he tried this before -- with the same result?
27th April 2007 08:08 AM
corgi37 I bet you anything its because he hates to think how old he is.
27th April 2007 09:04 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
I bet you anything its because he hates to think how old he is.

Mick is too much of an artist to write an autobiography. Autobiography and memoirs work well for politicians but not for artists. Looking at oneself in a mirror and being true to the facts is much harder for an artist than a politician, as a politican has probaly already sold his soul to the devil.
27th April 2007 09:08 AM
Gazza
quote:
Sir Mick Jagger is bored with his autobiography!

Washington, April 27: English singer Sir Mick Jagger`s is finding it very difficult to finish his autobiography, for he`s now finding the job too `boring`.

The Rolling Stones star revealed that he initially agreed to reveal all as he was offered a huge sum of money.

But the rocker has now put the book on hold, for he`s finding the task too boring.

"I was offered a large sum of money, which I found tempting and I started writing, Contactmusic quoted Jagger, as saying.

The veteran singer feels that instead of penning the autobiography in the traditional way he will try to work on something more creative to tell his rock n` roll lifestyle.

"I`d love to find another form to do it in. A book form, but not in the accepted showbiz memoir," he added.

I know Contact Music have a habit of editing and recycling news stories that we've heard before but recycling a 23-year old story as something new is impressive even by their standards.....
27th April 2007 11:19 AM
Carol Sigmaringa Mick just can't be that honest to write an autobiography. He can't even give a decent interview!

And he could look so old...Oh no, forget it!
27th April 2007 11:38 AM
glencar The autobiography story is about 10 yrs old. He gave the money back.
27th April 2007 12:03 PM
Gazza
quote:
glencar wrote:
The autobiography story is about 10 yrs old. He gave the money back.

No. Seriously. Its over twenty years old. He signed a deal around the time they signed their CBS contract, 1984 or so.

He couldnt remember anything worth talking about, and gave up on the idea and returned the advance. He even approached Bill to help him with some factual stuff and Bill, who was planning his own autobiography, told him where to get off.

I think the publishers (Faber and Faber, was it?) were hoping for something salacious but were somewhat disappointed by what he wanted to write - Mick is simply too private and guarded to be capable of writing such a book.
27th April 2007 12:05 PM
sirmoonie Mick more or less said the same thing in the latest issue of Rolling Stone, so maybe that's where Motesie's source hesited this "news" from.

Mick also strongly suggested that Sweet Neobiff was, in fact, about George Walker Bush III. (Of course it was - who the fuck else?)

Both Mick and Keith are interviewed in the ish about their thoughts on the 60s (along with 48 other people). Both come off as very intelligent and articulate, and its all relatively interesting, IMHFO.
27th April 2007 02:46 PM
texile
quote:
Carol Sigmaringa wrote:
Mick just can't be that honest to write an autobiography. He can't even give a decent interview!

And he could look so old...Oh no, forget it!

yeah..
it'll never happen.
27th April 2007 04:04 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
glencar wrote:
The autobiography story is about 10 yrs old. He gave the money back.

tomorrow 10K Motels is going to post a "news" story about how Mick and Jerry Hall are seperating
27th April 2007 04:28 PM
batcave While the story may be 10 years old or more, the quotes come directly from Mick in the new issue of Rolling Stone.
27th April 2007 04:37 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
batcave wrote:
While the story may be 10 years old or more, the quotes come directly from Mick in the new issue of Rolling Stone.

See! I'm not that far out of tune.
27th April 2007 04:47 PM
Mel Belli Mick's allergy for the past is almost pathological. If nostalgia is at one extreme, he's at the opposite pole. Blame him squarely for neglect of the band's legacy.
27th April 2007 05:02 PM
texile
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:
Mick's allergy for the past is almost pathological. If nostalgia is at one extreme, he's at the opposite pole. Blame him squarely for neglect of the band's legacy.

i agree.
27th April 2007 05:03 PM
Gazza
quote:

See! I'm not that far out of tune.

You definitely arent,sir - although Contact Music are fobbing this off as something new!
27th April 2007 05:09 PM
fireontheplatter come to think of it i remember a book called unauthorised mick which was written back in the mid/late 80's...it had a white cover with a picture of mick on it. does anyone remember this?
i stored some belonging in a friends basement and it got flooded and it was trash.
i had a lot of cool stones stuff down there.
i remember having this mondo huge skeleton voodoo lounge poster from giants stadium that cost 20-25 dollars and that got trashed too.
damn you mother nature.
27th April 2007 06:12 PM
Bitch MICK would hate to admit the personal and interesting things that he's done in the past, too many "unmentionables" to mention! The stuff MICK would find acceptable to talk about is the "boring" factual stuff.
27th April 2007 06:49 PM
Gazza
quote:
Bitch wrote:
MICK would hate to admit the personal and interesting things that he's done in the past, too many "unmentionables" to mention! The stuff MICK would find acceptable to talk about is the "boring" factual stuff.

Each to their own, I suppose. Personally speaking, the "who I fucked next" style autobiographies I find tedious and tacky.

The factual stuff could well come across as 'boring' I agree (Wyman's autobiography was a snoozefest for the most part), but it all depends on how it's written - Dylan's 'Chronicles' being a good example of how it CAN be done.

However, Mick is a different sort of subject matter. Any publisher throwing a few million at him for an autobiography is going to want the salacious stuff for that kind of investment.

He'll never do it. There wouldnt be the money in it for him to bother, anyway. Things have changed so much since the mid 80s. He can make more money playing a couple of weeks's worth of concerts than he ever will from baring his soul in a book.
27th April 2007 06:54 PM
Ten Thousand Motels >Each to their own, I suppose. Personally speaking, the "who I fucked next" style autobiographies I find tedious and tacky.<

Those are the best kind. IMO. If the plaster casters hadn't gone public we'd have never known that David Cassidy has an eighteen inck cock.

[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
27th April 2007 08:34 PM
pdog
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

tomorrow 10K Motels is going to post a "news" story about how Mick and Jerry Hall are seperating

NOOOOOOO!!! We can live w/o Glenn, but Mick and Jerry...
This is awful news for Jersey punk rock!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
27th April 2007 09:23 PM
Bitch
quote:

Those are the best kind. IMO. If the plaster casters hadn't gone public we'd have never known that David Cassidy has an eighteen inck cock.

Wow, where the fvck did you come up with this tasty factizoid? Please tell me! uh-huh, oh yeah!
28th April 2007 03:53 AM
guitarman53 I'm sure that Mick really needs the money!!!!!what a bunch of Bullshit! he doesn't enjoy millions of dollars?
28th April 2007 12:31 PM
ExileInLA great...are we getting "Being Mick Jagger - Part 2"

THAT shit was dull...i want to hear about all the coke he did...i want to hear about all the pussy he got...i want to hear about jamming with some top notch musicians before snorting coke and then proceeding to get some hot pussy!!

bring it mick!

nothing is too boring - well, at least until 1983 so just end it there...no need to tell the tales of Evian water and jogging...
28th April 2007 06:26 PM
Ronnie Richards Nearly everything they write about me is untrue, complete bollocks.
28th April 2007 06:48 PM
Gazza
quote:
guitarman53 wrote:
I'm sure that Mick really needs the money!!!!!what a bunch of Bullshit! he doesn't enjoy millions of dollars?

Why bare his soul and embarrass himself, spending months and months working on a project just to make a couple of million when he can make that much from a couple of weeks worth of shows where he's doing something that he can basically do in his sleep?

For the amount of money Jagger makes through performing (more than anyone else), there's nothing in it for him in writing a book.
28th April 2007 06:54 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Why bare his soul and embarrass himself, spending months and months working on a project just to make a couple of million when he can make that much from a couple of weeks worth of shows where he's doing something that he can basically do in his sleep?

For the amount of money Jagger makes through performing (more than anyone else), there's nothing in it for him in writing a book.

yeah, but he owes us an autobiography.... maybe not now or tomorrow, but soon.

he could make it into a 6 part series like stephen king did with the green mile

6 times the dough
28th April 2007 08:16 PM
gotdablouse Mick hasn't always been so "controlled" as he is now. I was watching some 78 interviews I got from the tracker I think, and man was he wild and unhelpful with hat interviewer. How things change...
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)