ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Doris Richards Funeral - 1 May 2007
© Matrix with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Jeff Tweedy: Stones a "circus act" Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
25th April 2007 05:48 PM
Gazza
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

Gazza, I'm NOT arguing with you.
You need not justify anything to me.

I know you werent, dahling. Just emphasising that I can still be underwhelmed by their attitude towards their art but at the same time continue to be entranced by how bloody marvellous the ol' bastards can still be.
25th April 2007 05:56 PM
Gazza
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
Cohl is the best thing which has happened to the Stones

**** BLANK FRIGGIN' STARE ****

Well, I'm ASSUMING you're referring to him being the best thing - from their perspective - to have happened to them in terms of their bank balance. Which is correct.

Otherwise, I'd like to think I know you well enough to know you're kidding.
25th April 2007 07:17 PM
MikeyC613 The Rolling Stones are my life. If it wasn't for them, I would have been a Soprano for real. I first saw the Stones on TV, on Hollywood Palace in 1964. In '64, the Beatles were perfect: the hair, the harmonies, the suits. They bowed together. Their music was extraordinarily sophisticated. The whole thing was exciting and alien but very distant in its perfection. The Stones were alien and exciting, too. But with the Stones, the message was, "Maybe you can do this." The hair was sloppier. The harmonies were a bit off. And I don't remember them smiling at all. They had the R&B traditionalist's attitude: "We are not in show business. We are not pop music." And the sex in Mick Jagger's voice was adult. This wasn't pop sex -- holding hands, playing spin the bottle. This was the real thing.

Little Steven
25th April 2007 07:27 PM
pdog The Stones fight crime!
?
25th April 2007 08:52 PM
Nellcote Gazza, yes it is the former, and not the latter.
The Stones would be meandering aimlessly, with Jagger listening to one promoter or another about how someone is going to make them millions, if Cohl had not come along. Cohl kind of sold them with the 89/90 tour, that he could do it, without any real track record, which for some reason, they or Jagger bit on. After that, he knew he had a cash cow, back to the every three year run, in some cases, pure prostitution of the band to us here, who pay every time they are trotted out. He's given The Stones the security to make the gazillions they have. Now, I do not defend it at all, however, like Mick's solo efforts, or, several producers on Babylon, Mick left to his on devices, sometimes is not the best. Give one thing to Cohl, he's made them bling.
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)