ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Doris Richards Funeral - 1 May 2007
© Matrix with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: could someone explain ticketmaster to me?? Return to archive Page: 1 2
22nd April 2007 06:07 PM
mrhipfl So here's the thing. Last Friday the 13th, Lynyrd Skynyrd came to town along with Hank Williams Jr. and .38 special. I wanted to buy tickets about 6 weeks ago, but only got bad seats on the 2nd and 3rd level. I didn't buy because I didn't think it was worth the cash. I checked again on Wednesday the 11th, and oddly got 6th row floor seats. 6th row!! Of course we bought them and me and my buddies had a great time at the concert. My question is why and how did we score such good seats? I always thought the good seats were the first to go, and not the other way around. And how can they charge three bucks just so you can print a damn ticket? TIA.

Skynyrd and .38 special were great by the way. Hank, not so much.

22nd April 2007 06:13 PM
fireontheplatter great photos of sknyrd
i saw them 5th row several years ago.
did they end with freebird?

what else did they play?
22nd April 2007 08:37 PM
mrhipfl of course they ended with freebird. They pretty much played all of their hits. Sweet home, call me the breeze, simple man, tuesday's gone, travellin' man, red white and blue, I know a little, whiskey rock n' roller, that smell, gimme three steps, what's your name, swamp music, you got that right, and maybe some more I forgot.
22nd April 2007 08:39 PM
mojoman which one is lynyrd?
22nd April 2007 08:50 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
mrhipfl wrote:
of course they ended with freebird. They pretty much played all of their hits. Sweet home, call me the breeze, simple man, tuesday's gone, travellin' man, red white and blue, I know a little, whiskey rock n' roller, that smell, gimme three steps, what's your name, swamp music, you got that right, and maybe some more I forgot.

awesome!!!!!!!!

swamp music is one of my faves...that one dates back awhile.
23rd April 2007 04:16 AM
pdog TicketBastard is nothing more than a scalper. They've cornered the market and destroyed the concert experience. Just like scalpers they prey on peoples desire to have a good time at a show by creating false hype and selling crap tickets first, and giving brokers the good seats through the promoters. They have no serious competition and charge outrageous service fees for doing nothing.

23rd April 2007 06:45 AM
egon bend over...
23rd April 2007 10:27 AM
gimmekeef They are the Haliburton of ticket selling.......
23rd April 2007 10:32 AM
voodoopug I explained TM's methods in pretty good detail a couple of years back on this site. Essentially they:

1. Release a FEW good seats during initial onsale, and then mostly crap to create the illusion of a "high demand" ticket.

2. Occasional ticket drops will occur of corporate sales are not going as expected.

3. The best seats generally drop within a few days of the show and up to a couple of hours (or sometimes minutes) of the shows start as the stage is set up and/or VIP tickets are not needed.
23rd April 2007 10:32 AM
Joey " And how can they charge three bucks just so you can print a damn ticket? "

23rd April 2007 10:40 AM
voodoopug
quote:
Joey wrote:
" And how can they charge three bucks just so you can print a damn ticket? "

because they can young joeykins! To those who cannot afford the three bucks.....Use standard mail and/or will call.
23rd April 2007 10:54 AM
Fiji Joe Great pics
23rd April 2007 10:58 AM
Joey
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:
Great pics

Thanks Fiji ........

I take pride in my work .

The Joey is a true visionary .

Joey : The Absolute of Post ! ™
23rd April 2007 12:54 PM
Dan In this case, it was probably band or promotor holds that got put back in the system. A few years ago when I went to Ozzfest, the last minute orchestra section ticket drop was in the same row where my ticket was, which my friend bought right from Slayer's office (face value with no service charge).
23rd April 2007 01:02 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Dan wrote:
A few years ago when I went to Ozzfest, the last minute orchestra section ticket drop was in the same row where my ticket was, which my friend bought right from Slayer's office (face value with no service charge).

Dan, it appears your posts on the Metal Sludge message board are accidentally getting linked to here

please contact the administrators over there and see if they can fix this problem. No one here wants to hear about Slayer, Maiden or Slipnots.
23rd April 2007 01:03 PM
Dan
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

Dan, it appears your posts on the Metal Sludge message board are accidentally getting linked to here

please contact the administrators over there and see if they can fix this problem. No one here wants to hear about Slayer, Maiden or Slipnots.

Probably right, I am sure your average Stones fan would piss their pants if they accidentally found themselves in the middle of the floor at a Slayer show.
23rd April 2007 01:12 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Dan wrote:

Probably right, I am sure your average Stones fan would piss their pants if they accidentally found themselves in the middle of the floor at a Slayer show.

the average Stones fan piss their pants at shows because of urinary incontinance (see: Uncle Junior, Sopranos).

Bladder control is quite common amongst the elderly
23rd April 2007 01:15 PM
mojoman
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

i'm a fan of insane clown posse
23rd April 2007 01:20 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
mojoman wrote:

i'm a fan of insane clown posse

who isnt??

no one can resist white boy hip hoppers dressed as evil clowns
23rd April 2007 01:24 PM
nanatod
quote:
Dan wrote:

Some years ago, I did go to see Slayer at the Aragon, and I did not piss my pants. But it was after Dave Lombardo had left the band.
23rd April 2007 02:08 PM
Dan
quote:
nanatod wrote:

Some years ago, I did go to see Slayer at the Aragon, and I did not piss my pants. But it was after Dave Lombardo had left the band.

You are an exceptional Stones fan. At the aforementioned shed show, a mosh pit broke out right in the center aisle to my side (sloped, with stairs) and this drunk fat guy broke his ankle. Compound fracture.
23rd April 2007 02:19 PM
Mel Belli Here is Ticketmaster in a, erm, nutshell:

23rd April 2007 02:27 PM
Dan I love Ticketmaster. They provide a valuable service and make the concert going experience very convenient. I think they owe me $3.50 on a returned ticket 16 years but that's more Ozzy's fault.

Other than that, they have always done right by me and I have never felt like I was treated unfairly. They even gave me a full refund minus order processing when Hanoi Rocks dropped off a show that will proceeding. However, if I don't like the seat offered or the price, I look for other options.
23rd April 2007 02:35 PM
Joey " They even gave me a full refund minus order processing when Hanoi Rocks dropped off a show "

Oh , Hanoi ROCKS alright !!!!!!!!!!

23rd April 2007 02:36 PM
Fiji Joe Joey?

23rd April 2007 03:29 PM
mrhipfl
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

because they can young joeykins! To those who cannot afford the three bucks.....Use standard mail and/or will call.

that actually costs more, not including the convenience fee and tax.
23rd April 2007 03:53 PM
Dan
quote:
Joey wrote:
" They even gave me a full refund minus order processing when Hanoi Rocks dropped off a show "

Oh , Hanoi ROCKS alright !!!!!!!!!!

Believe me, that's how I felt when they "dropped the bomb" on me.
23rd April 2007 03:56 PM
Joey
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:
Joey?

Fiji ...........................................

You make Joey laugh like Hell

W- W- What ?! .... Oh , sure ! :

Fiji ?!

F- Fiji Cakes ?!

[Edited by Joey]
23rd April 2007 05:08 PM
pdog can someone explain joey to me?
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
23rd April 2007 05:16 PM
Joey
quote:
pdog wrote:
can someone explain joey to me?
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)