ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Charlie's good tonight... and everynight!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Ray Davies Live in Berlin (nsc) Return to archive
29th April 2006 10:57 AM
UGot2Rollme After gulping down a couple of mai thai´s at Trader Vics, I hopped on the U2 line (subway), getting off at Zoo Station (make it on time..) to catch Ray´s show at the Universität der Künste Konzertsaal last night.

I have always loved the Kinks, and especially appreciate their Juke Box Music, Misfits, Low Budget era output. Unfortunately, I was to hear nothing performed off of those albums last night, but was treated to a special evening by Davies and his band, nonetheless.

He´s on tour now to promote his new cd Other People´s Lives, of which he played 10 of 13 tracks. It is a strong effort, many years in coming from him, during which he was gunned down in New Orleans while writing some of the tracks. No specific mention of the incident during the show, however, and no indication that is has slowed him up one bit - he is still one of the best performers I have seen on stage - almost like an actor in a cabaret.

Anyway, the venue was more like a concert hall for classical music, and in my opinion was not suited to a rock show, and Ray complained about the PA all night. The performance was stellar, and here, to the best of my ability is the setlist:

1. Not Like Everybody Else: Ray started alone on stage, then joined by the band.
2. Where have all the Good Times Gone? Good times are just ahead according to ad lib lyrics.
3. After the Fall - new
(Ray pauses for a drink of Jack Daniels out of a tea cup)
4. All She Wrote -new
5. 20th Century Man - outstanding, especially with slide guitar work by Mark Johns
6. Oklahoma, USA - old one, dedicated to his sister who used to take him to the movie shows
7. Village Green
8. Sunny Afternoon - singalong
9. Dead End Street - seemed particularly appropriate for Berlin
10. Next Door Neighbor - new
11. Creatures of Little Faith - new, Ray getting spiritual
12. Over My Head - a young woman joins for harmonies
13. Tourist - new, really good one, theatrical presentation
14. Till the End of the Day
(15 minute break, Ray encourages us to get drunk, it´s Friday in Berlin!)
15. This is where I belong - Ray alone
16. Autumn Almanac - with Johns playing great acoustic fills
17. Other People´s lives
18. Stand up Comic - new and good, Ray drinks off a Becks and leaves the stage after singing Demon Alcohol
19. Things are Going to Change (The morning after) - new, and very good tune
20. Days - starts a capella, very moving song has personal meaning for me
21. A long way from Home - Ray introduces this as a song he wrote for his brother, dedicates it to him, is joined by woman for harmonies
22. The Getaway - new, bluesy with country harmonies
23. Tired of Waiting - sing along
24. All Day and all of the Night - I was up pogoing for this one, such high energy. Unfortunately, most of crowd stayed in their seats.
1st encore
25. LOLA
2nd encore:
26. A cajunized version of You Really Got Me

Anyway, I feel priveliged to have seen this show, and am now enjoying the CD quite a bit. I missed the harmonies and guitar of Dave, and hopefully the Kinks will tour again at some point. Their music is a real treasure.
29th April 2006 07:20 PM
MrPleasant Ray has got to visit Latin America!! I mean, nobody will go see him, because many of my fellow melomaniacs are stupid (as in: who cares, he's not RADIOHEAD), but, nevertheless, he needs to visit Latin America!!

Tom Waits and Dylan too, for that matter. All you anglo-saxons, you don't know how fucking lucky you are.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)