ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Charlie's good tonight... and everynight!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: rsg 1965 Return to archive
28th April 2006 04:54 PM
rocky hi.new rsg 1965 ,real live (no playback),good sound,
on ior&r message board,to download,,some tracks has not appears anywhere before,,, rocky
28th April 2006 05:20 PM
Gazza wow..what a find!!!

many thanks

heres the link :

http://iorr.org/talk/read.php?2,413673
28th April 2006 05:38 PM
rocky hi again,,the stones played on rsg 1964 it was playback then,but 1965 the "musician union"changes it to they must play real live to get the groups work,,so rsg 1965 is real live,,
i found out from works ,,rsg jan 15 and feb 26,
but around and around and if you need me ,i'm alright,
i couldn't find the recording dates ,,anyone knows ? rocky
28th April 2006 06:05 PM
Gazza The fact that Around & Around and If You Need Me were first released in August 1964 (on the "Five by Five" EP) would lead me to believe it must date from around that time. Both songs were also recorded for BBC radio "Top Gear" in July '64. Maybe, going by the fact its from 1964, its a playback as well?

"I'm Alright" is a bit difficult to pin down. They played it live from 1963-66 and it appears on a few TV appearances in spring of 1964. It was played on "RSG live" on 9.4.65 and first released on the "Got live if you want it" EP in June 1965
28th April 2006 06:21 PM
rocky yes,i found rsg version on rsg i'm alright june 65,
but around and around and if you need me is live..
on the old lp boot "crackin' up "is th first 5 trax rsg feb 26.and the last time starts with "the weekend starts here..thanks for the help. rocky

28th April 2006 06:38 PM
rocky rsg
1-around and around ?
2-if you need me ?
3-what a shame jan 15 1965
4-time is on my side jan 15 1965
5-down the road apiece jan 15 1965
6-everybody needs somebody to love ?
7-everybody/pain in my heart april 9 1965
8-i'm alright april 9 1965
9-the last time april 9 1965
on the boot "crackin' up" rsg feb 26
1-the last time 2-enstl/pain in my heart3-play with fire
4-i'm moving on rocky
28th April 2006 11:13 PM
GotToRollMe Excellent. Thanks, Rocky! And thank you, Gazza, for the link.
[Edited by GotToRollMe]
29th April 2006 12:48 PM
vox12string My how quickly this gets around. FYI I recorded these with a Phillips reel-to-reel valve recorder just putting the mic a couple of inches away from the tv speaker, I was 14/15 @ the time so we're talking hi-tech stuff here. I'm afraid I wasn't too good on getting the stops & starts down very well. I've been carrying these around the world for over 40 years now & I've been searching all the boot covers sites & I've never seen these available.

In terms of dates I've never seen a full list of when/what they played live as opposed to playback on RSG. I'm Alright is pretty datable with that reference Mick makes of the EP being available in a couple of weeks, "and we hope you buy it", he was a business man back then too.

I believe Dave Clark (of the Dave Clark 5) has the tapes of the RSG shows.
I should really learn how to up a torrent shouldn't I?
29th April 2006 01:30 PM
rocky hi vox..thanks once again,for these new item's,
i remember,,i did the same ,,record direcley from a speaker,
someone always slam the doors during recordings,or cought,
the tapes where expensive for me those years..and swedish radio never broadcasts live stones,
the sound is really good,from your recordings,i cut out the slamming doors,(i think it is ?)
and add some bass,, rocky
29th April 2006 09:27 PM
Gazza
quote:
vox12string wrote:
My how quickly this gets around. FYI I recorded these with a Phillips reel-to-reel valve recorder just putting the mic a couple of inches away from the tv speaker, I was 14/15 @ the time so we're talking hi-tech stuff here. I'm afraid I wasn't too good on getting the stops & starts down very well. I've been carrying these around the world for over 40 years now & I've been searching all the boot covers sites & I've never seen these available.

In terms of dates I've never seen a full list of when/what they played live as opposed to playback on RSG. I'm Alright is pretty datable with that reference Mick makes of the EP being available in a couple of weeks, "and we hope you buy it", he was a business man back then too.

I believe Dave Clark (of the Dave Clark 5) has the tapes of the RSG shows.
I should really learn how to up a torrent shouldn't I?

we appreciate you sharing these and for providing the info, as much as you can.

Only problem with uploading torrents is that they have to be 'lossless' so mp3 sources are out, unfortunately.

youre right about Dave Clark owning the rights. When Channel 4 re-ran the shows in 1985 or so, the Dave Clark Five appeared regularly on the many editions that were shown and subsequently on the home video releases. However, they were always on film. The DC5 never actually appeared on RSG - obviously Clark leaned on whoever was editing the shows for video release to make sure his band got included on them!
[Edited by Gazza]
30th April 2006 02:53 AM
rocky hi ,vox 12 go to this
http://www.nzentgraf.de/
there you can find what's playback or not ,, rocky
30th April 2006 07:54 AM
Honky Tonk Man I've just listend to Down The Road Apeice. Wow, great job!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)