ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Charlie's good tonight... and everynight!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Emotional Rescue Return to archive Page: 1 2
27th April 2006 12:29 PM
speedfreakjive
quote:
Bruno wrote:

I´m with Jumacfly. I also love everything you hate in the song!

"Yeah, I was dreaming last night... I was crying, crying like a child..." Mick´s leering pervert voice rules!

yep, but what about
" yes, you could be mine.... tonight and every night.... i will be your knight in shining armmour, coming to your emotional rescue..... with a fine arab charger....!!!!!!!!!!!"
imo, that is really pervert stuff.
[Edited by speedfreakjive]
27th April 2006 01:06 PM
pdog It's Bills bass playing on ER and Dance that make this tracks so fun for me.
27th April 2006 01:08 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
pdog wrote:
It's Bills bass playing on ER and Dance that make this tracks so fun for me.

It's not Bi--ha,thought you got me.
27th April 2006 03:35 PM
tumbling dice
It´s a very lightweight album,but i like it.ER got a beach feeling on me(it got some parts recorded in Nassau).The outtakes were very good.Mick and Keith had a lot of fights because of songs to choose and the way of mix it.Commercially it was a big hit topping both american and english charts.The cover was their worst ever.
27th April 2006 03:49 PM
winter
quote:
tumbling dice wrote:

The cover was their worst ever.

See Dirty Work, Steel Wheels and Undercover.

wintah
27th April 2006 03:57 PM
Saint Sway I gotta say that even though I'm a die hard for the MT years, I love this album.
Its fun. The guitars are fast and crunchy. Its nowhere near their best. But I'd rank it as one of my all-time Friday night records to rip it up with.

I love the pissy, coke-fueled aggression and attitude on Where The Boys Go, Summer Romance and Let Me Go. Just a bunch of sloppy blokes having a bash at it. Fun stuff!
27th April 2006 04:00 PM
winter
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
I gotta say that even though I'm a die hard for the MT years, I love this album.
Its fun. The guitars are fast and crunchy. Its nowhere near their best. But I'd rank it as one of my all-time Friday night records to rip it up with.

I love the pissy, coke-fueled aggression and attitude on Where The Boys Go, Summer Romance and Let Me Go. Just a bunch of sloppy blokes having a bash at it. Fun stuff!

Saint Sway,

I think this may be the second time every that we have agreed on something. All About You might be my all time favorite Keith slow cut as well.

Cheers,

27th April 2006 04:13 PM
speedfreakjive
quote:
winter wrote:

Saint Sway,

I think this may be the second time every that we have agreed on something. All About You might be my all time favorite Keith slow cut as well.

Cheers,

what about Happy?
27th April 2006 04:19 PM
gimmekeef Always thought "Send It To Me"..would be a great B Stage tune....try playin it loud at a party..you'll get folks dancin!!!!!!..then follow up with Dance Pt1...good stuff but overall not a great album imho....
27th April 2006 04:34 PM
Bruno
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:

yep, but what about
" yes, you could be mine.... tonight and every night.... i will be your knight in shining armmour, coming to your emotional rescue..... with a fine arab charger....!!!!!!!!!!!"
imo, that is really pervert stuff.
[Edited by speedfreakjive]

Don´t know if you´re kidding, but I like it anyway... Mick is just having a lot of fun.

And concerning to covers, there will be nothing as ugly and flat as Steel Wheels.
27th April 2006 04:41 PM
winter
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:

what about Happy?

I wouldn't exactly call Happy slow. But that being said, Happy falls behind Little T&A and Before They Make Run in any event.
27th April 2006 04:42 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
winter wrote:

Saint Sway,

Cheers,

make that 3 times! AAY is a frickin amazing tune!!
27th April 2006 04:42 PM
Chuck I was standing waist deep in a river over twenty years ago, trying to catch some fish, when I felt something in the mud under my foot. It was a cassette of ER!

Lots of people hate this record; I'm not one of them.

I think the drums and guitars sound fantastic, DITH is a great blues, LMG and SSC are classic Stones rockers, AAY is one of Keith's best, and ER and Dpt1 pump; but my favorite is Indian Girl---what a cool song!

"Mr. Gringo, my father he ain't no Che Guevara."

Always loved that line.

27th April 2006 04:46 PM
winter
quote:
Chuck wrote:
but my favorite is Indian Girl---what a cool song!

"Mr. Gringo, my father he ain't no Che Guevara."

Always loved that line.

Funny, b/c so many people on this board hate that song. I actually don't mind it, but it occassionally get's the shit beat out of hit here.

27th April 2006 10:53 PM
Soldatti I'm listening the record now after 6-7 months and it sounds fresh and juvenile. Sadly, the songs are half stupid and half "Some Girls wanna be".
A good point: the whole record sounds great in the summer and on parties.
27th April 2006 10:59 PM
pdog
quote:
winter wrote:

Funny, b/c so many people on this board hate that song. I actually don't mind it, but it occassionally get's the shit beat out of hit here.

Only a crowd can make you feel so alone...

I like it... Don't care who does or doesn't!

28th April 2006 10:43 AM
Gazza
quote:
Bruno wrote:

I´m with Jumacfly. I also love everything you hate in the song!

"Yeah, I was dreaming last night... I was crying, crying like a child..." Mick´s leering pervert voice rules!

THAT bit of the song is very good.

Its the "knight in shining armour/fine arab charger" and "you will be mine, all mine" bits that gives me the creeps.
28th April 2006 10:45 AM
Joey
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
1._ Satisfying.

2._ Extremely Satisfying.

2 . EXTREMELY SATISFYING !!!!!!!!!

...especially Indian Girl ( a friggin classic )

JACKY !!!!! ®
28th April 2006 03:10 PM
Some Guy
quote:
Joey wrote:

2 . EXTREMELY SATISFYING !!!!!!!!!

...especially Indian Girl ( a friggin classic )

JACKY !!!!! ®

atta boy Joey!!
28th April 2006 09:30 PM
Soldatti Where the boys go is a guilty pleasure.
28th April 2006 10:07 PM
PatrickA Emotional Rescue is a fun solid album. Bill's playing really drives this album imho.
28th April 2006 10:19 PM
steel wls The album AND song that started it all for me. I love it.
28th April 2006 10:23 PM
Gazza
quote:
Soldatti wrote:
Where the boys go is a guilty pleasure.

cant understand why so many dislike it

Its one of my top 10 favourite Stones songs ever

What is there not to like?
28th April 2006 10:32 PM
PatrickA It's a decent enough song. It's not a song i'd skip if I was listening to the album but definately not on my top 10 list. I'm a fan of summer romance. Not many songs I don't like on it cept perhaps Indian Girl.
28th April 2006 11:07 PM
Scottfree Hey Keith what are you doing on the corner of W. 8th and 5th Ave? Keef: "masturbating"...

Best songs: Let me go, and Down in the hole, I wish the god they would play down in the hole liver....
29th April 2006 01:15 AM
pdog
quote:
Soldatti wrote:
Where the boys go is a guilty pleasure.

Pleasure, just a rocking tune! I loved it the first time I heard when I was 12 and still love it today as much at 38.
Oh fuck, I'm old!
29th April 2006 01:29 AM
Highwire Rob 2) EXTREMELY SATISFYING

I love it! On what other album does Mick cover such range of world accents/dialects? --which is why I'm sure some people can't stomach it. Do you believe this is also the reason these songs don't get any live performance? I just don't think Mick would be up to enthusiastically revisiting the vocal accents night after night. And they would sound terrible done half-assed.

I'm no Cockney Londoner (Summer Romance, Where the Boys Go); Latino/Cuban (Indian Girl) or Reggae Islander (Send It to Me, Emotional Rescue) but I feel Mick does a damn good vocal rendering--and he's havin' fun! In a related note (because the albums shared session material) as an American it took me a long time to stomach his southern accent on Some Girls' Faraway Eyes. But I listen to that one with tongue firmly planted in cheek as intended.

I ain't a Playboy; I don't hang around gay bars; I prefer the East End; AND I love this album. So LET ME GO!

PS. I'd also like to hear what Gazza thinks of Mick's brogue on Handsome Molly from the solo Wandering Spirit.
[Edited by Highwire Rob]
29th April 2006 03:02 AM
pdog Even Rummy is getting his Fine Arab Chargah' on !!!

[Edited by Indian Girl]

Where The Bears All Go

I could go Down On A Hole !!!

Let Me Go

Send It To Me

She's So Cold

Always The Last Bitch To Get Laid It's All About You

[Edited by pdog]
[Edited by pdog]
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)