ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Charlie's good tonight... and everynight!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Emotional Rescue Return to archive Page: 1 2
26th April 2006 09:51 PM
Some Guy 1._ Satisfying.

2._ Extremely Satisfying.
26th April 2006 09:55 PM
Mel Belli Ice cream and sex are both very satisfying, in their different ways. You'll have to refine your terms
26th April 2006 10:35 PM
pdog Many of the he-men around here hate the album and despise the song. I don't dislike either... Down In The Hole and Indian Girl are my two favorites on the album.
26th April 2006 11:24 PM
Taptrick
I like the whole album.

26th April 2006 11:25 PM
voodoopug
quote:
pdog wrote:
Many of the he-men around here hate the album and despise the song. I don't dislike either... Down In The Hole and Indian Girl are my two favorites on the album.

I particularly enjoy Down in the Hole and All About You...and lets not forget...my favorite stones song is on this record.....SHES SO COLD baby!!!!!!!!
26th April 2006 11:47 PM
CraigP She's so Cold, Boys Go & Summer Romance are some of my fav. Stones songs out of their catalog.

All About You has a nice sound. I've heard talk of the "bitch" Keith sings of is actually Jagger. I beleive it except clueless of what the line "Always the last bitch to get paid." means.. I thought Mick would have been the 'first' go get paid. Eh, maybe it's the overall sarcasm applying to that line also.

I wish the Stones did more punk songs like Summer romance as opposed to the disco/dance/suck.

[Edited by CraigP]
26th April 2006 11:55 PM
Soldatti I'm not a fan of ER, the lyrics are the worst of the Stones history.
26th April 2006 11:59 PM
GotToRollMe I dig it. Good times.
27th April 2006 12:36 AM
jtorquetti The best of the 80's era! DOWN IN THE HOLE!!!!
27th April 2006 12:46 AM
Egbert Never liked it much, until I heard the post-Tattoo You material (something I had avoided until the Abkco SACDs came out and I went on a Stones CD-buying fury). Now I think it's pretty good. Plus ER was released around the time my adolescent self shed its Zeppelin skin and embraced the Stones. SSC and SITM got a lot of airplay on K-SHE back in those days.
27th April 2006 01:34 AM
pdog
quote:
Egbert wrote:
Plus ER was released around the time my adolescent self shed its Zeppelin skin and embraced the Stones.

I gave all my Zep records away around 1983. It was part punk and part growing up.
[Edited by pdog]
27th April 2006 01:35 AM
Honky Tonk Man Emotional Rescue is one of those releases that I never think to stick in the CD player. It's an OKAY album, yet very weak in comparison to the two albums that sit either side of it. All About You is the standout in my opinion, but the majority of the songs just don't sit with me. I actually prefer the live renditions of Let Me Go from the 81-82 tours and until this tour; I've never been a fan of She’s So Cold. I think as a studio cut, it's quite bland, but I've enjoyed the live versions from this tour. They seem to have completely rejuvenated the rocker. Now, the song Emotional Rescue itself? It's bloody terible!

Emotional Rescue gets a 6 out of 10 for me.
27th April 2006 01:45 AM
Zack
quote:
Soldatti wrote:
I'm not a fan of ER, the lyrics are the worst of the Stones history.

Howe can you say that about an album that includes the ONLY Stones line ever lifted from a Breck shampoo commercial?

Every single time I hear the line "greasy kid stuff" I think about that stupid advert and it pretty much ruins the fun of Summer Romance for me. (Jagger at 37 shouldn't have been singing about schoolgirls anyway.)

Apart from that I consider ER a camp classic. Would have been even moreso with Claudine ("Accidents will happen!")
Inded, the best of ER was left off the album. Keith lost that fight. I guess he got the arrangements on SG that he wanted, so it was Jagger's turn with ER.
27th April 2006 02:17 AM
Jumacfly Only real fans can appreciate ER, their best effort since tattoo you (ah ah ah)
[Edited by Jumacfly]
27th April 2006 05:21 AM
Gazza
quote:
Zack wrote:

Howe can you say that about an album that includes the ONLY Stones line ever lifted from a Breck shampoo commercial?

Every single time I hear the line "greasy kid stuff" I think about that stupid advert and it pretty much ruins the fun of Summer Romance for me. (Jagger at 37 shouldn't have been singing about schoolgirls anyway.)

Apart from that I consider ER a camp classic. Would have been even moreso with Claudine ("Accidents will happen!")
Inded, the best of ER was left off the album. Keith lost that fight. I guess he got the arrangements on SG that he wanted, so it was Jagger's turn with ER.

'Greasy kid stuff' ??? You learn something new every day. For 26 years I've been singing along with that line as 'crucifix stuff' !!

Always reminded me of a girlfriend I had around that time who wouldnt go the whole way because she was too much of a good Catholic girl....LOL - now youve ruined that image forever!
27th April 2006 05:43 AM
Altamont Emotional Rescue is a really good stones cut. The only people that seem to hate it are the closet case homosexuals.
27th April 2006 05:52 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Altamont wrote:
Emotional Rescue is a really good stones cut. The only people that seem to hate it are the closet case homosexuals.

As the ultimate Z poster,I love your signature!!!
I got gay friends that love the song ER too.
I ve seen the video last night on tv, hum hum...looks like an old Atari commercial!
27th April 2006 06:00 AM
Gazza
quote:
Altamont wrote:
Emotional Rescue is a really good stones cut. The only people that seem to hate it are the closet case homosexuals.

No wonder I'm so confused, then. The girl who wouldnt put out for me (see my previous post) obviously must have turned me into a raging queen.

Well, the groove on ER is excellent and the sax solo at the end is terrific. But I just cant get past those horrible lyrics and a vocal where Mick sounds like he has weights attached to his scrotum for the first part of the song and like a leering pervert for the second part.

the falsettoes on Tattoo You are much much better.
[Edited by Gazza]
27th April 2006 06:31 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Well, the groove on ER is excellent and the sax solo at the end is terrific. But I just cant get past those horrible lyrics and a vocal where Mick sounds like he has weights attached to his scrotum for the first part of the song and like a leering pervert for the second part.

[Edited by Gazza]

About vocals, you gave exactly the reasons why I love them ...so fuck ya, will ya???
Mick is the man.
oh, and the bass line...ronnie Wood you say??
I consider this one like a true masterpiece!
27th April 2006 08:20 AM
Mel Belli
quote:
Zack wrote:

What else besides "Claudine" was left off ER?
27th April 2006 08:38 AM
TampabayStone Love the song. It helped me in the brain washing of my girl. She remembered loving it when she was a youngster and had no idea it was the Stones. So the first time I played it for her, she was all fired up. I guess that makes me only half a fag.
27th April 2006 09:08 AM
time is on my side One of my least favorite STONES albums. Thought it was a weak effort when it was first released and TIME really hasn't changed my view.

Outside of one classic song (DOWN IN THE HOLE) and a few rockers (Let Me GO & She's So Cold) there's not really a whole lot going on here that's worthwhile (imo).

When comparing this album to Some Girls & Tattoo You, ER really suffers.

27th April 2006 09:16 AM
speedfreakjive good album, underrated.
27th April 2006 09:16 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
time is on my side wrote:

Outside of one classic song (DOWN IN THE HOLE) and a few rockers (Let Me GO & She's So Cold) there's not really a whole lot going on here that's worthwhile (imo).

Dance part 1( groovy baby!!!)
where the boys go(their best punk song)
Indian Girl ( funny song)
ER ( the bass hmmmmmm)
....but as someone used to say "opinions are like assholes"

cheers!!!!

[Edited by Jumacfly]
27th April 2006 10:57 AM
Gazza
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:

What else besides "Claudine" was left off ER?

Loads. they must have done well over 40 songs for that record.

I think I'm Goin Mad
Jah No Dead
Lets Go Steady
we had it all
Lonely at the top
Sweet home chicago
Whats the matter
Gangsters Moll

plus several others that may have been finished.

the Tattoo You versions of the following songs were all finished in 1979 and could have been released on ER :
Hang Fire
Little T &A
Black limousine
No use in crying
Worried about you
Tops
Start me Up

27th April 2006 11:33 AM
Bruno
quote:
Gazza wrote:

[Edited by Gazza]

I´m with Jumacfly. I also love everything you hate in the song!

"Yeah, I was dreaming last night... I was crying, crying like a child..." Mick´s leering pervert voice rules!
27th April 2006 11:53 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Bruno wrote:

I´m with Jumacfly.

LOL
really? what are we having for dinner tonight, honey??
27th April 2006 11:59 AM
Bruno LOL

I want you to buy me french food and some beers. And I want you to be tender with me
27th April 2006 12:24 PM
lotsajizz GREAT album!!

27th April 2006 12:28 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
Zack wrote:

I think that "greasy kid stuff" was actually lifted from an old Vitalis commercial, intimating that Brylcreem ("a little dab'll do ya") was greasy kid stuff, when in fact it was ALL greasy kid stuff. As a matter of fact, Bob Dylan also alluded to "greasy kid stuff" in the song, "I Shall Be Free," from his album, "The Freewheelin' Bob Dylan."

[Edited by GotToRollMe]
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)