ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Charlie's good tonight... and everynight!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: "Angie" on RS.com ... The horror! Return to archive Page: 1 2
26th April 2006 08:17 PM
Mel Belli I hate to harp on the Decline and Fall of Keith and Ronnie, but, kee-rist, there's some bad playing here ... when they're playing at all!
http://www.rollingstones.com/virtualticket
26th April 2006 08:23 PM
Mel Belli And, by the way, do the Stones' official web jockeys even watch these clips to see if they're remotely any good? ...
27th April 2006 12:07 AM
SweetVirginia OMG...that's what RS.com chose as the highlight from NZ????
27th April 2006 04:47 AM
Angiegirl I'm always a highlight!
27th April 2006 07:54 AM
luxury1 ...I am wondering the same thing--I think the folks at RS.com are not musically inclined. THis certainly can NOT be a highlight. Even Mick was rolling his eyes...
27th April 2006 08:03 AM
SweetVirginia Did you ever watch "It Won't Take Long"
from Petco Park on RS.com?

Keith screws up the opening riff and Mick visibly shudders.

http://rollingstones.com/virtualticket/index.php?v=lav&pageNumber=4#

I always wondered why the RS folks put that one up on the site.
[Edited by SweetVirginia]
27th April 2006 08:26 AM
gimmekeef You have to pay an extra $99 and you can log into a special section with the real good videos from the tour.But theres only 3 there so save your maoney...
27th April 2006 08:37 AM
Reptile The first part is indeed awful. But after the instrumental part it starts to work. Ronnie takes a suprising solo there. Every video on RS.com sounds rubbish. The mix is horrifying, they really don't even watch them before they put them online..
27th April 2006 09:15 AM
ExileInLA This is what the Rolling Stones have morphed into in 2006. It's over.
27th April 2006 09:16 AM
Reptile
quote:
ExileInLA wrote:
This is what the Rolling Stones have morphed into in 2006. It's over.

Watch the Copacabana DVD, THEN tell us it's over!!
27th April 2006 09:19 AM
Nellcote You will miss them when they are gone.
27th April 2006 09:23 AM
luxury1 Ha--gimmekeef, that was funny!

Yes, Ronnie's little solo there was quite nice, I thought also. And I dont mean to slag these guys--I am hoping these kinds of remarks may have a type of "intervention" effect on the guitar players--you know, wake them up a bit or something like that....
But having said all that, I was reading the Genesis TOTA book last night, and a Rolling Stones reviewer was commenting on how some nights Keith plays great, and on others, horribly--and how it adversely affects the band's entire performance. Maybe we are just becoming too critical in our old age??
27th April 2006 09:29 AM
Mel Belli
quote:
Reptile wrote:
The first part is indeed awful. But after the instrumental part it starts to work. Ronnie takes a suprising solo there. Every video on RS.com sounds rubbish. The mix is horrifying, they really don't even watch them before they put them online..

It was surprising because he was missed half the solo!
27th April 2006 10:25 AM
Moonisup
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:

It was surprising because he was missed half the solo!

that was no solo but just strumming some notes, horrible
27th April 2006 11:29 AM
keefkid yea, have to admit that was pretty bad...

oh well someone said it and they are right we will miss them when they're gone... i miss them already...
27th April 2006 11:53 AM
marko I will surely miss them,when its all over.And thats not very far now.
I think that keiths&ronnies playing has been pretty bad,after they entered year 2006.I´ve found only 2-3 listenable shows,while most of 2005 was still great.
Either age has really gotten them during tour,or they just
are bored.
27th April 2006 12:38 PM
Spru I see marko's point. In 2005 I thought they were great as well, but they seem bored now. I thought it was the same on Licks. During the 2002 leg they were awesome, they changed the setlists up big time and tried some pretty obscure numbers. Even in early 2003 they were still going pretty good, but eventually by summer '03 and on the setlists and playing had plummeted. Basically, I think they either get bored/tired after the initial excitement of kicking off the tour. However, I still love them no matter what they do. They forever will be the "world's greatest rock n' roll band!"
[Edited by Spru]
27th April 2006 03:08 PM
tumbling dice
quote:
marko wrote:
I will surely miss them,when its all over.And thats not very far now.
I think that keiths&ronnies playing has been pretty bad,after they entered year 2006.I´ve found only 2-3 listenable shows,while most of 2005 was still great.
Either age has really gotten them during tour,or they just
are bored.

Keith and Ronnie were playing great in South America. I Watch them in Rio and Buenos Aires and both shows were excellent.
27th April 2006 03:33 PM
Reptile Ditto for the Tokyo-shows.. what you gettin' at, Spruchi?
27th April 2006 10:45 PM
Soldatti Angie in the 2nd show here was a mess, the intro sounded like Wild Horses, the tempo was bad and Mick forgot some lyrics; but under the rain it was a magical moment. Sadly, no boot of this show still.
28th April 2006 09:04 AM
Shawn20 What do you attribute to this poor playing? Keith is obviously a great guitar player. I've seen them 4 times on this tour and he played great every night. Is he drunk, bored, doesn't give a damn? What?
28th April 2006 09:34 AM
gimmekeef A lifetime of drugs and booze and lack of sleep..plus fingers the size of crab claws due to arthritis....they've about pushed the envelope as far as possible without doing real damage to their reputation...But regardless they owe me nothing!...What a ride!!!!!!!!!!!!!
28th April 2006 09:37 AM
ExileInLA
quote:
Shawn20 wrote:
What do you attribute to this poor playing? Keith is obviously a great guitar player. I've seen them 4 times on this tour and he played great every night. Is he drunk, bored, doesn't give a damn? What?

I attribute it to the fact that they turned their own show into a rock and roll circus. all they are interested in these days is being lazy guitar players that primp and pose and do ridiculous bull shit on stage. the only one that puts in 110% every night is Mick. Charlie is up there banging away, but he is the laziest rock drummer i know. he never plays the parts they way they need to be played. he just plays "time". that's it.

the three most valuable members of that band are as follows:
1) Mick
2) Bobby Keys - plays his ass off every night and plays the right fucking parts every night
3) Lisa Fisher - sings her ass off every night.

that's who we pay to see in 2006 and for prices that exceed $100 per ticket, that's not enough.
28th April 2006 09:47 AM
justinkurian
quote:
ExileInLA wrote:

Charlie is up there banging away, but he is the laziest rock drummer i know. he never plays the parts they way they need to be played. he just plays "time". that's it.

Wow...I disagree completely. I don't think you can call his style 'lazy'. Charlie's the engine that drives the band.

Just listen to the opening of 'Oh No Not You Again'...it gets the whole thing going (figuratively and literally).
28th April 2006 09:55 AM
Scottfree "Crippled Spider".....Sadly, these guys are shot, they just can't play guitar as much as it pains, well I'll be spinning boots from 78 this eve...
28th April 2006 01:00 PM
PatrickA Keith and Ronnie do tend to prance around a lot. I think they think it is expected of them. Be a little more theatrical for the audience. Watch something like Ladies and Gentlemen and watch how focused Mick Taylor is. He may have been boring to Keith back in the day and not as fun to be around as Ronnie is today but the man was focused.
28th April 2006 02:23 PM
jb I can't get it to work..can someone e-mail it to me....thanks
28th April 2006 02:46 PM
SweetVirginia
quote:
jb wrote:
I can't get it to work..can someone e-mail it to me....thanks

I just e-mailed it to you as a wav file, but it's even uglier if you watch the video on rs.com

The Virtual Ticket section is for members only. I'm sure you must have a membership with all the tix you have bought this tour!

SV

28th April 2006 02:48 PM
jb
quote:
SweetVirginia wrote:

I just e-mailed it to you as a wav file, but it's even uglier if you watch the video on rs.com

The Virtual Ticket section is for members only. I'm sure you must have a membership with all the tix you have bought this tour!

SV

Thanks..but I never joined rs.com as I paid 10's of thousands for my tickets.....regards-jb
28th April 2006 03:52 PM
SweetVirginia
quote:
jb wrote:

Thanks..but I never joined rs.com as I paid 10's of thousands for my tickets.....regards-jb

I sent both Angie & It Won't Take Long to you via
YouSendIt.

I bought most of my tickets in the expensive after-market, too, but I have to say I've enjoyed some of the stuff on Virtual Ticket. Some of it, however, is truly humiliating.

SV

Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)