ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Charlie's good tonight... and everynight!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The crazy Religous Right! Funny stuff here! Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
27th April 2006 06:30 PM
monkey_man
quote:
pdog wrote:
What should they lead?

Frat house brothers into Sorority panty raids!
27th April 2006 06:32 PM
Lethargy
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
Thanks for keeping this thread free from politics! I really appreciate it. Tele let it go. These fucknuts can think whatever the fuck they want. It won't change the fact that they continually get their ass handed to them at the polls. I mean shit they can't even figure out a way to beat a president that they consider to be the biggest idiot to ever hold office. If they can't beat someone that they consider so dumb what does that say about them?

Oh,and as a radio guy please allow me to correct some misconceptions about Rush. Namely that Opie and Dopy will never ever come close to getting even a fifth of his audience. Rush is the most listened to talk radio host in the history of the medium. He averages between 12-15 million listeners a day. His AQH(average quarter hour)numbers are simply staggering. At any given quarter hour about 2,500,000-3,000,000 people are listening. Nobody is even close to those numbers. Not just in radio either. He is the most listened to commentator in every medium radio,tv,and print media,Rush kills them all by a long long long shot. Opie and Dopy? Please!!

He's a real idiot right? He's a self made man who is worth more than any member of the Stones! The guy's estimated net worth is over 500 million. Yeah he's a real dolt! One more interesting fact. Rush draws more listeners per day than Air America draws in an entire month. That's a fact by the way,which can be backed by Arbitron ratings.

Fuck i try and start a thread that will give us all a good chuckle and it turns to shit! I even politiely askked to keep it free from this shit,but noooooo. Can't let an opportunity to bash Bush,Rush,Republicans,et el. Fucking typical liberal bullshit!

Riffy

You utter moron!

You can't post a politically charged statement and then claim victim/wronged-person/emotionally-hurt-innocent when people react.

You poor progressive, spoiled, sheltered, douchebag.
27th April 2006 07:37 PM
Riffhard
quote:
Lethargy wrote:

You utter moron!

You can't post a politically charged statement and then claim victim/wronged-person/emotionally-hurt-innocent when people react.

You poor progressive, spoiled, sheltered, douchebag.

What the fuck are you going on about? Politically charged? Progressive? Me!? You are kidding right? Nobody on this board that knows me would ever say that I have ever advanced any stupid so-called progressive ideas! I am a proud Reagan conservative and don't care who the hell knows it!

This thread was not politically motivated at all. Did you even check out the clip? It was such an obvious joke that I find it hard to believe that I would actually have to spell that fact out!

Douchbag? Spoiled? Sheltered? WTF dude? Do you even know me? Go fuck yourself.

Riffhard
27th April 2006 07:55 PM
Zambero NYC, JAN-MAR, 2006
RADIO AUDIENCE AVG QTR HOUR
12+ LISTENERS

LIMBAUGH 141,700
HANNITY 118,200
...ad nauseum

Truth is stranger than fiction
Fiction still sells the best however, and the R's have it!

And as far as the Big Apple goes, those rantings (I meant ratings. No, just stick with RANTINGS) obviously don't transfer into votes.
27th April 2006 08:00 PM
lotsajizz
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

This thread was not politically motivated at all.

And they all lived happily ever after...more fairy tales coming from Riffhard soon..

27th April 2006 08:10 PM
Riffhard
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:

And they all lived happily ever after...more fairy tales coming from Riffhard soon..

Jizzy for real can you please tell me how a funny video clip can possibly be construed as a political statement? Is it the title of the thread that has you perplexed? That was an obvious joke! I mean shit,I come right out and say in the very first post that it was meant as a joke and NOT as any kind of political statement,but for some unknown reason you seem to think that I'm playing politics here. You are wrong on this one my friend. I have no problem mixing it up on a political topic as you well know,but that's not the case here. It's nothing more than a red herring I'm afraid.

Riffy
27th April 2006 10:12 PM
sirmoonie Its too bad some jokester thought to overlay the Funkadelic tune, because I was quite impressed by why that man was saying.
27th April 2006 10:16 PM
Riffhard
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
Its too bad some jokester thought to overlay the Funkadelic tune, because I was quite impressed by why that man was saying.

ROTFLMAO!! Yeah he's got his finger right on the pulse of the whole Christian movemnet! I think thatthe music bed was actually his own doing. Apparently it's a public access tv show from California.

Riffy
27th April 2006 11:18 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

ROTFLMAO!! Yeah he's got his finger right on the pulse of the whole Christian movemnet! I think thatthe music bed was actually his own doing. Apparently it's a public access tv show from California.

Riffy

Riffy, my friend, it was a very funny video. I've passed it on to many. I'm pretty sure the guy is serious about it too!
28th April 2006 12:02 AM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:
Lethargy wrote:
Once, just once, I'd like to see a single reference in the media to the Atheist Left to match the 100,000,000,000,000 references to the Religious Right.

But that would require integrity on the part of people that use the phrase Religious Right, so it'll never happen.

I believe the preferred expression is "godless Communists." I would be more interested in coverage about the prevalence of atheism or at least agnostic skepticism about a personal God among scientists or the inverse relationship between educational level and religious belief.
28th April 2006 12:08 AM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:
telecaster wrote:

Really? You must have missed Hillary Clinton shouting at all of us

Hillary an atheist? She's a Methodist, which the Presbyterian minister in "A River Runs Through It" defined as "a Baptist who can read."
28th April 2006 12:12 AM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:
telecaster wrote:

Last week you were braggin about the success of "Air America"

Tell us again howe that is working out?

Thanks

NYC, JAN-MAR, 2006
RADIO AUDIENCE AVG QTR HOUR
12+ LISTENERS

LIMBAUGH 141,700
HANNITY 118,200
GAMBLING 108,400
CURTIS/KUBY 101,500
IMUS 94,100
LEVIN 80,700
JOY BROWNE 69,500
O'REILLY 64,200
SAVAGE 62,900
BATCHELOR 43,300
INGRAHAM 37,500
FRANKEN 35,600
RANDI RHODES 27,900
LIONEL 27,100

"Nobody ever went broke by underestimating the intelligence of the American public."--H.L. Mencken
28th April 2006 12:19 AM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:
rasputin56 wrote:

I never picked up that "Lethargy" is in itself a Bush bash. Now that I think about it does fit. Sitting on that PDB in 8/01 like that and doing nothing, always on vacation, yeah, lethargy works.

So true. Back when Dubya took office and SNL had Will Ferrell doing him, they had him say "I'll be working 24/7. That's 24 hours a week, seven months a year." Turns out the truth isn't that far from the satire.
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)