ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Charlie's good tonight... and everynight!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Cleveland on the fall leg of the tour?? Return to archive
26th April 2006 02:45 PM
brewcrew87 anyone have any info as to whether they are considering or will be coming to cleveland this fall-
26th April 2006 03:40 PM
voodoopug
quote:
brewcrew87 wrote:
anyone have any info as to whether they are considering or will be coming to cleveland this fall-

cannot confirm 100%, but bet on NO.
26th April 2006 03:46 PM
erikjjf The Gund Arena turned down Cohl for a show there during the 2005 Fall leg, so I'm guessing NO.
26th April 2006 05:16 PM
voodoopug
quote:
erikjjf wrote:
The Gund Arena turned down Cohl for a show there during the 2005 Fall leg, so I'm guessing NO.

now known as the "Quicken Loans Arena" I will be seeing Pearl Jam there on May 20th
26th April 2006 05:19 PM
pdog The Fall leg isn't a given yet, but it's very probable! Travel to see them, it will be the last tour in The USA of length.
26th April 2006 05:56 PM
Gazza its almost a cert. Expect it from about late September onwards into early November, although Hawaii will probably be in early December after the Asian leg that follows the US shows

as for what cities - seems to be mostly major markets from what I understand, and not the "college towns" that were rumoured by some. Havent heard specifically any cities listed, but one would think a city of the size of Cleveland would be in the running
[Edited by Gazza]
26th April 2006 06:22 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

cannot confirm 100%, but bet on NO.

This is code for "I have no idea"
26th April 2006 08:59 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

This is code for "I have no idea"

its actually code for: Cleveland will not pay the type of guarantee that Cohl is asking for and would have been a part of the first leg. As this is becoming more and more clear that this will be the last jaunt through the US...guarantees are suggested to be even higher...ruling out most cities except: Chicago, Miami, NYC, Boston, Philly, LA, Atlanta, and a few others.
26th April 2006 09:01 PM
pdog I guarentee one thing! I will reveal it at the appopriate time!
26th April 2006 09:14 PM
voodoopug
quote:
pdog wrote:
I guarentee one thing! I will reveal it at the appopriate time!

due to recent security threats. we have decided to go silent
27th April 2006 01:11 AM
mmdog
The guarantees wern't high enough to stop Durham, Hershey, Little Rock and Albany from getting shows.
27th April 2006 02:04 AM
erikjjf
quote:
mmdog wrote:
The guarantees wern't high enough to stop Durham, Hershey, Little Rock and Albany from getting shows.

The guarantees aren't as big of an issue for stadium shows (Hershey, Durhm) as for arena shows. Arenas where they played on the last tour (or the tour before) and sold out, said no to Cohl for the ABB tour. Such venues were Palace Of Auburn Hills (Detroit), Gund Arena (Cleveland), HP Pavilion (San Jose), Oakland Arena, Staples Center (LA) and others.
27th April 2006 09:04 AM
TomL Bet on it
27th April 2006 10:09 AM
Joey

What about Omaha ?!?!

www.QWESTCENTER.com

27th April 2006 11:00 AM
gimmekeef Not sure they would bother coming back for a handful of shows in markets they've been already.You heard it here first...There will be no fall tour...I'm using the same sources as pug and the rest...my imagination...But you did hear it here first!
27th April 2006 11:05 AM
Saint Sway
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
You heard it here first...There will be no fall tour...I'm using the same sources as pug and the rest...my imagination...But you did hear it here first!

CLASSIC!!!!! Very funny!
27th April 2006 05:56 PM
GimmeExile Where do you think the Stones will play in L.A. this fall?
27th April 2006 06:00 PM
Joey
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Not sure they would bother coming back for a handful of shows in markets they've been already.You heard it here first...There will be no fall tour...I'm using the same sources as pug and the rest...my imagination...But you did hear it here first!

You make Joey very sad .
27th April 2006 06:02 PM
Dan
quote:
GimmeExile wrote:
Where do you think the Stones will play in L.A. this fall?

I don't think they will, but if so I would say the Hollywood Bowl again.
28th April 2006 01:07 PM
GimmeExile
quote:
Dan wrote:

I don't think they will, but if so I would say the Hollywood Bowl again.

Dan, why don't you think they'll play LA on the fall leg? I know it seems with four LA-area shows this tour that they may have saturated the market, but if there isn't demand in LA for more Stones, how do they figure another US leg will be successful?
28th April 2006 01:09 PM
Dan
quote:
GimmeExile wrote:

Dan, why don't you think they'll play LA on the fall leg? I know it seems with four LA-area shows this tour that they may have saturated the market, but if there isn't demand in LA for more Stones, how do they figure another US leg will be successful?

Market saturation, only 18 dates (with many across Canada) etc. They might though the Forum was the perfect sendoff so it doesn't really matter to me if they do or not.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)