ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Charlie's good tonight... and everynight!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Nash gets 2nd MVP? (no George Walker Bush III content) Return to archive
26th April 2006 12:47 PM
sirmoonie Check it, bleeds. The Nash man is simply phenomenal. I'm seeing HOF for this Canuckian. And its hustle that does it, thats whats so cool about him. And his modesty and team attitude.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/5542940
26th April 2006 01:04 PM
gimmekeef What do Crosby, Stills and Young think about this?
26th April 2006 01:44 PM
jb Kobe deserves it, albeit , a very unlikeable figure.
26th April 2006 01:50 PM
sirmoonie Kobe couldn't even get his team a winning record. I think his ball hoginistical ways are a distraction to his team.

I think Nash deserves it. The Suns didn't have Stoudamire all year and Nash found new ways to win and get other players involved.
26th April 2006 01:55 PM
jb
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
Kobe couldn't even get his team a winning record. I think his ball hoginistical ways are a distraction to his team.

I think Nash deserves it. The Suns didn't have Stoudamire all year and Nash found new ways to win and get other players involved.

What Kobe did was amazing....81 fucking points, avg 40 for a month!!! But Nash is great as well....However, all I care about are my Heat somehow getting by the Nets and then losing to Detroit-again!!!
26th April 2006 01:58 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
jb wrote:
Kobe deserves it, albeit , a very unlikeable figure.

Kobe does not make those around him better. What Nash did this year without Stoudemire is amazing. He deserves it--again.

TBS
26th April 2006 02:05 PM
sirmoonie He put the ball up 48 times in that 81 point game. What Kobe and A.I. will never get is that approach doesn't win games.

I'd always prefer Nash on my time, to Kobe.
26th April 2006 02:12 PM
jb Wade is better than Nash....
26th April 2006 02:33 PM
time is on my side
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
Kobe couldn't even get his team a winning record. I think his ball hoginistical ways are a distraction to his team.

Personally, I think it's a toss up between Nash, Kobe, and Lebron James. To me, all three are deserving.

The case for Kobe??? In fact, Kobe was able to get his team to a winning record (the Lakers went 45-37 during the regular season and made the playoffs in the West; they're the seventh seed). Quick, name someone besides Kobe on the Laker roster??? To have a winning record and make the playoffs with that roster, cheers go out to both Phil Jackson and Kobe.

In addition, Kobe became only the 4th player in NBA history to average 35+ a game (Wilt, Rick Barry, and MJ being the only others) AND he had the second highest scoring game in NBA history 81 points (a game in which the Lakers trailed by 20 points and ONLY won the game because of Kobe's 50+ point explosion in the second half.

In reality, Kobe has a very strong case. As does Nash, who makes everyone around him a better player and Lebron (30+ points a game and took his team to the playoffs)
26th April 2006 02:44 PM
jb Wade is better than all except Lebron...whenhe develops as a better outside shooter, there will be no stopping him..the guy goes to the basket better than anyone ...
26th April 2006 02:48 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
jb wrote:
Wade is better than all except Lebron...whenhe develops as a better outside shooter, there will be no stopping him..the guy goes to the basket better than anyone ...

He is fantastic, reminds me of MacGrady. But his outside shot is weak, and I'm not sure if he will develop it much since he hasn't yet.
26th April 2006 02:53 PM
jb
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

He is fantastic, reminds me of MacGrady. But his outside shot is weak, and I'm not sure if he will develop it much since he hasn't yet.

True,,but it took Jordan a few years as well. Nash has cool hair.
26th April 2006 03:11 PM
sirmoonie Nash has dated the incredibly beautiful Elizabeth Hurley.

26th April 2006 03:15 PM
telecaster Is the NBA still on TV?
26th April 2006 03:19 PM
Spru Nash deserves this award. Anyone could make a case for Kobe, Lebron, Dirk, or Billups, but Nash did it again in the end. He had a ton of career-highs, including PPG and FG %, and I believe 6 players on his team had career highs in scoring and 5 had career highs in FG%. That's unbelieveable. And the Suns are the #2 team in the West, another great season, despite NOT having Amare, Joe Johnson, or Quentin Richardson, 3 out of their 5 starters from last year. Nash is truly the league's Most Valuable Player to his team.
[Edited by Spru]
26th April 2006 03:24 PM
rolling who The media is so excited to have some very good white stars in The League that they're going overboard and giving Steve Nash back-to-back MVPs.

Think about it -- Steve Nash now has two more MVP awards than Kobe Bryant, Allen Iverson and Isiah Thomas. Ridiculous. Kobe or LeBron James should have won the award -- talk about someone who makes his whole team better, it's LeBron.

And yes, I am white.
26th April 2006 03:41 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
rolling who wrote:
The media is so excited to have some very good white stars in The League that they're going overboard and giving Steve Nash back-to-back MVPs.

Think about it -- Steve Nash now has two more MVP awards than Kobe Bryant, Allen Iverson and Isiah Thomas. Ridiculous. Kobe or LeBron James should have won the award -- talk about someone who makes his whole team better, it's LeBron.

And yes, I am white.

Shades of the Thomas-Bird controversey. ".....because Isiah knows I'm a baaaaaaaaaaad basketball player."

You may be correct, Whoie. Basketball requires significant athletic ability, making it difficult for whitey to play. Yet to survive as a sport, it had to convince whitey that he has a chance. One way to do that, of course, is to engage the liberal media to pick honk MVPs.

I still think Nash gets it though for, inter alia the reasons others have mentioned.
26th April 2006 03:43 PM
jb
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

Shades of the Thomas-Bird controversey. ".....because Isiah knows I'm a baaaaaaaaaaad basketball player."

You may be correct, Whoie. Basketball requires significant athletic ability, making it difficult for whitey to play. Yet to survive as a sport, it had to convince whitey that he has a chance. One way to do that, of course, is to engage the liberal media to pick honk MVPs.

I still think Nash gets it though for, inter alia the reasons others have mentioned.

Shaq should have got it last year....and he is a hell of a nice guy!!! Imet him sevral times, alwasy a big grin, and a joke.
26th April 2006 03:44 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
jb wrote:

Shaq should have got it last year....and he is a hell of a nice guy!!! Imet him sevral times, alwasy a big grin, and a joke.

Nobody who shoots free throws like he does should ever win an MVP award.
26th April 2006 03:44 PM
telecaster
quote:
jb wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBfuUG-RqnU&search=Rolling%20Stones

jb. Ever see Mick Taylor sing?

Here you go

26th April 2006 03:50 PM
jb
quote:
telecaster wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBfuUG-RqnU&search=Rolling%20Stones

jb. Ever see Mick Taylor sing?

Here you go

Yes tele...great old video ....Charlie looked cool even back then...and Bill was simply Bill...Mick T and Keith 's playing "unplugged" quite amusing.
26th April 2006 04:05 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
rolling who wrote:
The media is so excited to have some very good white stars in The League that they're going overboard and giving Steve Nash back-to-back MVPs.

And yes, I am white.

That is stupid, whitey.
26th April 2006 04:17 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
jb wrote:

Yes tele...great old video ....Charlie looked cool even back then...and Bill was simply Bill...Mick T and Keith 's playing "unplugged" quite amusing.

This was a low moment in NBA history.

26th April 2006 04:23 PM
jb
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

This was a low moment in NBA history.

I beleive we had Minut for a few months in Miami...Moonie, Minut donated millions to help starving kids in Africa..it's really true!!!!!!!!!!!
26th April 2006 06:08 PM
Spru
quote:
rolling who wrote:

And yes, I am white.

Just to clarify, Iverson did win the MVP for the 2000-2001 season. Therefore, Nash now has 1 more MVP than AI.

One more thing, I don't know if anyone remembers, but Rolling Stone mag had an interview w/ Nash in the June 16, 2005 issue (DMB on cover in baseball uniforms) and it lists his favorite artists as the Stones, Bowie, and Radiohead, in that order. I've always liked the dude, but that put him a little higher in my book.
[Edited by Spru]
26th April 2006 09:22 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Spru wrote:

Just to clarify, Iverson did win the MVP for the 2000-2001 season. Therefore, Nash now has 1 more MVP than AI.

One more thing, I don't know if anyone remembers, but Rolling Stone mag had an interview w/ Nash in the June 16, 2005 issue (DMB on cover in baseball uniforms) and it lists his favorite artists as the Stones, Bowie, and Radiohead, in that order. I've always liked the dude, but that put him a little higher in my book.
[Edited by Spru]

Spruie, Steve Nash is one of the best basketball players we have seen in years. I think he got held back for years in Dallas just because of his whitenessism. That guy can play, and he is a huge Stones fan, as you pointed out.

And Isiah Thomas may the most overated sports star of all time. That whitey hating creep actually shot in the .41s one year, with his ridiculous erratic defense, every move planned for a higlight film, that stupid ass niggie smile everyone just loved, like whitey was out to get just him one more time. Isiah got the liberal media, but not anyone watching the game. Dumars was the real man on that team. Joe Dumars blows doors.
28th April 2006 10:53 AM
sirmoonie So, anyone have any thoughts on how these playoffs are shaping up? C'mon speak up. Don't be afraid of criticism by all the honk-bread whitey around here. Those guys bark is worse than their bite.

JB, Shaq wasn't pulling his steak last night.
28th April 2006 11:00 AM
jb
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
So, anyone have any thoughts on how these playoffs are shaping up? C'mon speak up. Don't be afraid of criticism by all the honk-bread whitey around here. Those guys bark is worse than their bite.

JB, Shaq wasn't pulling his steak last night.

OMG...what an abortion!!!! We looked old and slow...Look for Chicago to beat us agaib Sunday and then we shall win the next two.....very disapppointing as I thought we were "holding it back" for thr play-offs...Instead, I see we are just a good, but far from great team.......
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)