ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Charlie's good tonight... and everynight!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Hendrix Biopic To Be Directed By Quentin Tarantino? Return to archive
25th April 2006 01:49 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
JIMI HENDRIX Biopic To Be Directed By QUENTIN TARANTINO? - Apr. 25, 2006
Blabbermouth.com

According to Starpulse.com, Quentin Tarantino has reportedly signed on to direct the long-awaited Jimi Hendrix biopic. The movie maker is huge fan of the script of the film, according to producers at Dragonslayer Films, and will team up with Hendrix's brother Leon to tell the story of the guitar great's life.

Tarantino will have full access to Hendrix's music and likeness when he starts shooting is scheduled to begin later this year in Seattle, Washington; New York, Toronto, Canada; and London.

Senior executive producer Elle Von Lear has access to interviews and live footage of the rock legend, which will be incorporated in the film.
25th April 2006 01:50 PM
jb Boring..another guy who couldn't handle his drugs.....
25th April 2006 01:52 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
jb wrote:
Boring..another guy who couldn't handle his drugs.....

I know you meant this about Jimi. But it really applies to Tarantino... such an annoying ass.
25th April 2006 01:58 PM
jb
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

I know you meant this about Jimi. But it really applies to Tarantino... such an annoying ass.

aGREED...
25th April 2006 02:08 PM
nanatod Will Tarantino get his favorite actor, Samuel L. Jackson, to star as Hendrix?
30th April 2006 01:25 PM
stewed & Keefed
quote:
nanatod wrote:
Will Tarantino get his favorite actor, Samuel L. Jackson, to star as Hendrix?

I read somewhere that Lenny Kravitz was going to play Hendrix.
30th April 2006 01:46 PM
Taptrick

Boring? Not to me. Four studio albums, Band of Gypsys live, Woodstock, and 900 hours of unreleased material in four years isn't boring for me. I would be hard pressed to appreciate rock n' roll if I had to apply a standard that musicians had to be able to handle drugs well to not find them boring. That would certainly rule the Stones out. Thank god I haven't.

[Edited by Taptrick]
30th April 2006 01:50 PM
Reptile Tarantino hmm?

Half the film will be a detailed view of his overdose. Boring.
30th April 2006 01:58 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Tarantino frustrated in Hendrix search
virgin.net

Acclaimed director Quentin Tarantino has been disappointed in his attempt to find an actor to play Jimi Hendrix in his up and coming biopic of the iconic star's life.

Legendary guitarist Hendrix had a profound and lasting effect on popular culture all the more emphasized by the manner of his untimely death after a relatively short-lived career.

Singer Lenny Kravitz had been touted as a possible contender for the role, but it was always going to be difficult to find an actor appropriate to fill Hendrix's considerable shoes.

And now Tarantino, who struck a deal with the late singer's brother Leon to get the rights to produce the film, fears that he will not be able to find an appropriate actor to play the role in time to start shooting later this year.

A source close to the director revealed: "Quentin is now worried it won't get off the ground."
30th April 2006 02:14 PM
speedfreakjive
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

er..... not really
he had an accidental overdose of sleeping pills..........
30th April 2006 03:27 PM
MrPleasant It could have been worse: the Studio could have hired Oliver Stone.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)