ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Charlie's good tonight... and everynight!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: JAGGER REFUSES TO GIVE BUSH HOTEL ROOM Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
25th April 2006 09:54 PM
Soldatti Thumbs up for Mick.
25th April 2006 10:47 PM
SweetVirginia Turns out that it's not true.
Press release from Rolling Stones Music:

The Rolling Stones Did Not Say No to Bush

NEW YORK, April 25 /PRNewswire/ -- The story circulating about Mick Jagger and the Rolling Stones refusing to give up their reservations at the Imperial Hotel in Vienna for President Bush this June is completely untrue.

No one associated with Mick Jagger, other members of the Rolling Stones, the tour director, or those responsible for travel arrangements for the tour were ever contacted by the Imperial Hotel, President Bush or anyone on his behalf requesting them to change their reservation.

SOURCE The Rolling Stones

26th April 2006 05:50 AM
Jumping Jack More lies and propaganda spread by the haters!
26th April 2006 07:54 AM
corgi37 Either way, true or not, Old Dubbya is getting cuckolded more and more every day. The worm has turned! I saw his speech on fuel last night. This guy is fucking hopeless! Of course gun lovers with 12 kids love him, of course the religious right and the abortion clinic bombers love him, and of course Bruce Willis loves him. Its so obvious.

He makes every one look intelligent!

And also, why on Earth would Jagger comment about the Bush admin? 1. He aint a Yank. 2. As if he cares.

One thing intrigues me though. About the future (not that America has more than 20 years to go). Is it true Hilary might run for Prez? I mean, does she have a chance?

She reminds me of Selma from the Simpsons.

Havent you Yanks got another has-been actor to vote for? What about that Forbes cunt from Fox? You know, the 60 year old virgin. Can Jeb run?
26th April 2006 09:10 AM
Joey " He flew 85 artillery-spotting missions in the Cessna OE Bird Dog before returning home in September 1953. "

YES !!!!
26th April 2006 10:04 AM
Reptile Go Mick!! Go Mick!! Go Mick!! Go Mick!! No Cowboy's in the saloon then, I guess!!
26th April 2006 10:21 AM
sirmoonie This is awesome. Mick Jagger just all out bitchslapped George Walker Bush III. Big hondo time.
26th April 2006 11:00 AM
Riffhard What part of IT'S NOT TRUE do you guys not get?! It DID NOT happen! Jeez even when the Stones themselves come out and say that this story is bunk the Bush Bash Geeks lap it up like mana from Heaven! It's almost funny to watch.

Sure would have been a cool story if there were any truth to it. However there isn't. Truth that is. No truth behind the story that is. Continue to jerk yourselves chaffed at the thought of it though if it makes you feel good. Meanwhile I'll just sit here and laugh knowing that you guys have been had by a shite story. And some say Bush is stupid! LOL!

Riffy
26th April 2006 11:10 AM
gustavobala
quote:
jostorm wrote:
YESSSS!!!!

Not the first time he's fucked a Texan, I suppose.....

lol, lol, lol
26th April 2006 11:14 AM
sirmoonie I wonder if Mick started singing Sweet NeoCon to whatever travel secretary called? He probably did. In fact, I'm sure he did.
26th April 2006 11:49 AM
Ten Thousand Motels O'REILLY NOT GETTING ANY SATISFACTION

FNC's Bill O'Reilly: "You may have heard that Mick Jagger is not going to give up his hotel suite in Vienna so President Bush can have it when he goes to Austria for a summit in June. That strikes me as kind of disrespectful. Jagger and the Rolling Stones have made millions operating in the USA despite some previous drug convictions among band members. Some of them British subjects. U.S. immigration authorities have the option of denying work permits to foreigners who have run-ins with the law. So, the president will get another room in Vienna, and Jagger can have some satisfaction. But it is still disrespectful and ridiculous. The USA has been nice to the Rolling Stones" ("O'Reilly Factor," 4/25).

26th April 2006 12:00 PM
sirmoonie Holy Judas on a Sweet Neekie bender, O'Reilly just doesn't get it. Mick was dissing George Walker Bush III when he told him to go get another hotel room, not America. Mick be loving America!
26th April 2006 12:39 PM
rasputin56 When the hell did Republicans start caring about whether a story was true or not? Oh, yeah, when it makes them look like morons.
26th April 2006 01:46 PM
sirmoonie This thing just keeps exploding like the acrid plumes of St. Vehovious circa 1979.

http://www.insideeonline.com/news/gossip/20060426-850/jagger_and_bush_battle_over_hotel_rooms.html

What a humiliating moment for George Walker Bush III. Completely smacked by a guy who has inspired god knows how many American criminals, those tattooed, toothless types you see lurking around places you want to just keep driving through. They all sit around saying, "Well, hell, if it's ok by Mick, I guess it's ok by me. I'll just go beat somebody's head in with a pool cue."

This is just all around ugly.
26th April 2006 02:17 PM
pdog Boogers on my mouse pad are making it very difficult for me to browse the threads...
26th April 2006 02:43 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
pdog wrote:
Boogers on my mouse pad are making it very difficult for me to browse the threads...

I don't know if I agree with that. It was a pretty balls-out move by Mick to do what he did. I mean, the guy who wanted his room is the president of the most powerful country on earth. I figure that like most Americans, Mick must have absolutely no respect for George Walker Bush III whatsoever.
27th April 2006 06:22 AM
caro
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
It DID NOT happen! Jeez even when the Stones themselves come out and say that this story is bunk the Bush Bash Geeks lap it up like mana from Heaven!

Yeah, right! The Stones also pretend that Virtual Ticket was created for the greater benefit of the fans. Of course you'd expect them to downplay such a controversial affair. The Sun, on the other hand, belongs to Rupert Murdoch, the guy who has inspired God knows how many Americans to trust the Bush administration. Even you couldn't accuse this man of making up stories to discredit the president! Let's be serious.
27th April 2006 06:26 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
caro wrote:

Yeah, right! The Stones also pretend that Virtual Ticket was created for the greater benefit of the fans. Of course you'd expect them to downplay such a controversial affair. The Sun, on the other hand, belongs to Rupert Murdoch, the guy who has inspired God knows how many Americans to trust the Bush administration. Even you couldn't accuse this man of making up stories to discredit the president! Let's be serious.

fuckin'awesome post!!
something tells me we re ready for 240 more posts!
27th April 2006 09:35 AM
Barney Fife VIENNA, April 24 (UPI) -- Rock royalty has trumped the U.S. presidency in a tug-of-war over a luxury suite in a five-star Vienna hotel.

When President George W. Bush's aides called the Imperial Hotel to book the Royal Suite for a June summit, they found the room as well as every other room on the floor already reserved by the Rolling Stones, the Sun reported Monday.

The posh suite is among the top-rated hotel rooms in the world and has previously housed Presidents John F. Kennedy, Ronald Reagan and George H.W. Bush, the tabloid noted.

White House staff tried to get Jagger to move, but the Rolling Stone refused to budge.

"Bush's people seemed to be under the impression that they would just hand over the suites but there was no way Mick was going to do that," a source close to Jagger told the Sun.

Jagger, a harsh critic of Bush, put his objections to the Iraqi war to music on the Stone's latest album, "A Bigger Bang."
27th April 2006 10:02 AM
SweetVirginia
quote:
Barney Fife wrote:
VIENNA, April 24 (UPI) -- Rock royalty has trumped the U.S. presidency in a tug-of-war over a luxury suite in a five-star Vienna hotel.

When President George W. Bush's aides called the Imperial Hotel to book the Royal Suite for a June summit, they found the room as well as every other room on the floor already reserved by the Rolling Stones, the Sun reported Monday.

The posh suite is among the top-rated hotel rooms in the world and has previously housed Presidents John F. Kennedy, Ronald Reagan and George H.W. Bush, the tabloid noted.

White House staff tried to get Jagger to move, but the Rolling Stone refused to budge.

"Bush's people seemed to be under the impression that they would just hand over the suites but there was no way Mick was going to do that," a source close to Jagger told the Sun.

Jagger, a harsh critic of Bush, put his objections to the Iraqi war to music on the Stone's latest album, "A Bigger Bang."

...and the next day:

NEW YORK, April 25 /PRNewswire/ -- The story circulating about Mick Jagger and the Rolling Stones refusing to give up their reservations at the Imperial Hotel in Vienna for President Bush this June is completely untrue.

No one associated with Mick Jagger, other members of the Rolling Stones, the tour director, or those responsible for travel arrangements for the tour were ever contacted by the Imperial Hotel, President Bush or anyone on his behalf requesting them to change their reservation.

SOURCE The Rolling Stones

27th April 2006 10:07 AM
Reptile Haha, right!! Bush got some muscles over to RS.com to get them to post this stupid message.

RS.com never comment articles.. they would have cleared up the Charlie issue as well..
27th April 2006 11:30 AM
sirmoonie What a humiliating moment for blood supporters of George Walker Bush III. Howe much more can they take?
27th April 2006 12:27 PM
Riffhard The story never happened you gawtdamned fucknuts! Get over it.

Riffy
27th April 2006 02:54 PM
Joey
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
Get over it.

Riffy

Riffy ..............................

Twenty - Nine Percent Approval Rating and ..DROPPING !!

27th April 2006 03:14 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Joey wrote:

Riffy ..............................

Twenty - Nine Percent Approval Rating and ..DROPPING !!

It was the Mick Jagger-hotel fiasco that dropped him another FOUR points.

This is vindication for the Stones way of life!

Yes!

Mick!

Mongo!
27th April 2006 03:21 PM
Saint Sway I've been rifle'n thru all my old Stones books and news clippings and I've yet to find the words: - 'JAGGER', 'REFUSES', 'BUSH' and 'HOTEL ROOM' - to ever of been previously used in the same sentance!!!!
27th April 2006 03:45 PM
Joey
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

It was the Mick Jagger-hotel fiasco that dropped him another FOUR points.

This is vindication for the Stones way of life!

Yes!

Mick!

Mongo!

Moof Piss !!!!

Quadro ....... It Blows Doors !!!!!!!

Sassy
27th April 2006 04:31 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Joey wrote:

Moof Piss !!!!

Quadro ....... It Blows Doors !!!!!!!

Sassy

I'll beat Keith Moon would have trashed George Walker Bush III's hotel room! Trashed it!
27th April 2006 04:32 PM
Joey
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

I'll beat Keith Moon would have trashed George Walker Bush III's hotel room! Trashed it!

Denying the White Logic ?!?!

|
|
V

27th April 2006 04:57 PM
SweetVirginia
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
The story never happened you gawtdamned fucknuts! Get over it.

Riffy

Riffy, we are through the looking glass here. We could post that it's not true 500 times and they'd still be celebrating Mick "putting GWB in his place".

Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)