ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

The Blimp - with thanks a very good and special friend! :)
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch2: Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: more tour news Return to archive
04-24-02 09:22 AM
sly Here's a brief summary from todays chicago suntimes pg 58 about the Stones tour. TheStones will play the Vic theatre(cool) United Center(sucks) and Comiskey Park(no concerts there yet since it opened in '92). The article also said the Stones wil perform there late September not January like the radio stations said. It also said the tour will be annonced May 7th. Unfortunately, the last line of the article states "the Stones will once again set a new high in ticket prices for the best seats." Ouch!!
04-24-02 09:39 AM
Joey Oh Sweet Jesus ............YES !!!!!!!!!!!

No more United Center !!!!!!!!

Happy Happy Joey

The Joey , C9

04-24-02 12:17 PM
Jaxx [quote]sly wrote:
>>the Stones wil perform there late September not January like the radio stations said. It also said the tour will be annonced May 7th.

ok. this news coincides with the Rocky Mountain News article i read over the weekend. it stated a tour announcement next month so may 7th pins that down. it indicated a ~yet to be scheduled~ date at the pepsi center !ONLY! which is a true bummer. i hope some denver clubs hit the tour circuit. it would be AWESOME if they could play the tiny little GOTHIC THEATRE just down the road apiece....but i'm betting it will be the Fillmore or the Paramount, if at all.

[quote]sly wrote:
>>Unfortunately, the last line of the article states "the Stones will once again set a new high in ticket prices for the best seats." Ouch!!

yup. people are willing to pay, so they can keep commanding the price. they have the luxury of an elastic demand, so they can charge whatever they want. 3 digit concert tix are here to stay. the public has shown they are willing to pay whatever it takes to see their faves in a farewell tour, reunion tour, just "one more time", just "one more time".
04-24-02 02:32 PM
sandrew Actually, the article's posted over at Stonesdoug's site, and it says it's not known sure whether the ticket prices will be an all-new high. Here it is:

BY JIM DEROGATIS POP MUSIC CRITIC

The Rolling Stones will announce dates May 7 for their 40th anniversary U.S. tour.

The band is planning to play a club show, an arena show and a stadium show in each major market, and sources say the group will likely perform here in late September at the Vic, the United Center and Comiskey Park.

There is no official word yet on exact dates, when tickets will go on sale or whether the Stones will once again set a new high in ticket prices for the best seats

04-24-02 05:23 PM
Gazza WHETHER? Well..thats the thing..I'm sure they'll hardly want to leak news of high ticket prices out in advance as opposed to tour dates!

As theyre more concerned with being top of the grossing charts than any other Top 20 listing,I'm sure theyre pretty likely to be higher than ever....

Thing is though,back in '99 they were really the only act charging those prices - this year, theyve had acts like McCartney and The Who announcing tours with high prices too..and puttin them onsale BEFORE the Stones did. Those acts would have a pretty similar fanbase to the Stones too (and McCartney hasnt toured in a million years as well..) - at those prices,thats a lot of competition for people's money...
04-24-02 06:08 PM
sandrew Coming on the heels of Mick's horrible PR year, I have a suspicion the press is going to be even more prickly than they've been in the past. It might behoove the Stones to do the populist thing and keep top tickets under, say, $250. Is that really so much to ask?

The $300 pricetag for the No Security premium seats was just ridiculous. The 97-99 shows were not automatic sellouts. This year, they could be if tickets aren't astronomical. But I get the feeling they'd rather maximize the per capita take than break attendance records.
[Edited by sandrew]
04-24-02 06:27 PM
RonniesDarling Oh yes!!!!! The stones are going on tour!!!! I can't wait!!! Must see if they have anything on Jagger's site I'm sure they would don't you think?? Oh I hope I get to go maybe if they tour in September I can go for my birthday??!!

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.