ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

The Blimp - with thanks a very good and special friend! :)
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch2: Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: 37 Years Ago Today Return to archive
04-23-02 12:34 PM
Lazy Bones On 23rd April, 1965, The Rolling Stones played their first-ever show here in Canada (Montreal).
04-23-02 12:43 PM
TomL It's been all Rock N Roll since then.
04-23-02 03:14 PM
Jaxx happy anniversary, northern neighbors!

excerpt from Stone Alone:

"Within 3 days of returning from Paris we were away to our first visit to Canada, followed by our third North American concert tour. At Heathrow, on 22 April, a swarm of teenagers girls, part of a crowd of some 300 who came to see us off, invaded the tarmac flinging their arms around Mick and Brian. Police finally shepherded them back to the airport buildings and we took off for Montreal. For our Canadian debut at Montreal's Maurice Richard Arena on 23 April, the tour programme which we had designed, named Mick as "Mick the Magic Jagger" for the first time. There were terrific security problems, with 6,000 fans insisting on standing up throught the show; but there were also some pluses, The local girls were pretty and a new friend, a disc jockey named Lord Jim, who gave me my first Aretha Franklin record, took me out to a local club with some models.

SETLIST:

Everybody Needs Somebody to Love
Pain in my Heart
Down the Road APiece
Time is on my Side
I'm Alright
Little REd Rooster
Route 66
I'm Moving On
The Last Time
Everybody Needs Somebody to Love

[Edited by Jaxx]

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.