ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

The Blimp - with thanks a very good and special friend! :)
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch2: Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: I met Paul McCartney!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Return to archive Page: 1 2
04-17-02 08:47 PM
stone jr. See, I'm only in 4th Grade and saw Paul! My Uncle knows a person who works for him. Heather was there too. He signed a bunch of things. My Uncle told Paul that my dad died. Paul told me that he lost his mom when he was 14.(whitch I already knew but a good reminder!) So, he gave me a program and his new album.(I already have it but not signed) He also signed

My "McCartney" and "Venus and Mars" CD covers
2 T-shirts that he gave to me
My Beatle song book(old stuff from 1963)

Paul was great and nice. I asked him about his Wings gutiarst, Jimmy McCulloch. He told me about Wings recording "Junior's Farm" and Jimmy played a gutiar solo. If you remember in the song when Paul says "Take me now,Jimmy!" I did not tell him about his memember of Wings died. I don't know if Paul knows Jimmy died. Jimmy died in 1979 of a heart atack. He was only 26. So the show was going to start but before he went on, my Uncle asked what song he will play first. He said he will play "Hello,Goodbye". So, we said bye and before someone took pics of him signing my stuff. It was great.

04-17-02 08:53 PM
gypsy Good for you, stone jr. That is really exciting! I'm really happy for you!! Did you get your picture taken with Paul?
04-17-02 09:14 PM
Cardinal Ximinez Wait a minute...did you say that you were in 4th grade? So that would make you...like...10 years old?!?!

Did you tell Maca how much you liked Kiss?

Did you ask him which album to buy next?

I don't buy any of this.....

Brilliant bit of trolling though....
04-17-02 10:02 PM
gypsy Cardinal...his dad died...give him the benefit of the doubt...if he's 9 or 10, then he's a pretty sharp little youngster...
04-17-02 10:33 PM
Cardinal Ximinez I don't think he's a 4th grader, I don't think his Dad died, and I don't think he met Macca.

I think he's very clever all right...a very clever troll...brilliant, in fact.

My gut tells me this guy is having us on....
04-17-02 10:37 PM
gypsy Quit picking on the kid...you're so mean, Cardinal...
04-17-02 10:55 PM
Cardinal Ximinez I'm not being mean...I seriously don't think this person is what he's representing himself as.

I've been on these internet boards for a couple of years now, and I'm telling you, I smell a troll...and a really good one at that.
04-17-02 11:23 PM
FPM C10
quote:
Cardinal Ximinez wrote:

I've been on these internet boards for a couple of years now, and I'm telling you, I smell a troll...and a really good one at that.

You can tell when it's a troll by the billygoat on his breath.
04-17-02 11:29 PM
gypsy I know you're right...but, wouldn't you feel really bad if he wasn't a troll? But, I do think you're right.
04-18-02 12:12 AM
Happy Motherfucker!! Since when does a 10 year old kid these days, refer to a music output as an "album"? I have a 11 year old and I have never heard him say album once when refering to music. It's a CD! Sounds kind of fishy to me. Also the spelling seems a little advanced for a 4th grader, what'cha think?
04-18-02 08:41 AM
Scot Rocks
>>I've been on these internet boards for a couple of years now, and I'm telling you, I smell a troll...and a really good one at that.

>>I agree, with the Cardinal, the Kiss post...well what other way could you attempt to show you were young and naive.

04-18-02 08:47 AM
Scottfree If he is 10, or wants to play the role of a 10 year old, do you really care? No offense Stone Jr., but you need to brush up on your spelling, I know 4th grade is difficult, but looks like it's time to stay after class, instead of spending it with Mccartney!
04-18-02 08:54 AM
Cardinal Ximinez Exactly Happy Mofo!

10 year olds don't buy Wings "albums", or know that the guy who at one time played guitar for Wings died of a heart attack in 1979. I mean c'mon...10 year olds have a hard time telling you what CENTURY the Civil War happened in, let alone give specific dates for an obscure guitar player dying.

No way.

Stone Jr. is having us on.

Jr., on the 0.000001% chance that I'm wrong about you, you have my sincere apologies.

But I don't think I'm wrong.
04-18-02 10:03 AM
jb Listen kid, no offense but this is a Stones board;we hate Paul McCartney as he is a cheap, overrated, Angela Lansbery look alike, who is responsible for the hideous Beatles who out pop loving world will always love as #1 despite the Stones being far superior!
04-18-02 11:37 AM
Joey 'I did not tell him about his memember of Wings died. I don't know if Paul knows Jimmy died. Jimmy died in 1979 of a heart atack. He was only 26. So the show was going to start but before he went on, my Uncle asked what song he will play first. He said he will play "Hello,Goodbye". So, we said bye and before someone took pics of him signing my stuff. It was great. '

In 1976 , Rolling Stone Magazine ( The critics and the readers ) named Paul McCartney and Wings " Band of the Year " . This was a great great group and the main reason was becuase of Jimmy McCulloch .

Please rent the Video " Rockshow " which contains clips of the 1976 "Wings " in concert and showcases the guitar playing of little Jimmy . Sadly , Jimmy went the way of Hendrix and Joplin and Garcia ( They all died from " Heart Attacks " ) , yet , by 1979 , Jimmy was long gone from Wings . I believe drummer Joe English also died of a drug overdose , right ???????

" Alphabet City Me Ronnie "

Bunny Joey

The Joey , C10

JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJoey !

04-18-02 12:32 PM
Maxlugar May your testicles go on a three week vacation to Yucca Mountain for giving us a thumbnail Behind the Music on Wings.

Shiver!

Max "This Board is all about ME!" Lugar, C9!
04-18-02 12:37 PM
Joey "May your testicles go on a three week vacation to Yucca Mountain for giving us a thumbnail Behind the Music on Wings. "

You make Joey very sad .

Jo-Jo Jo !!!! Jo-Jo Jo !!! Jo-Jo Jo !! Jo-Jo Jo ! Joey

The Joey , C9 Trenchtown Icon

M . Joeyfly .

04-18-02 07:01 PM
Jaxx he may or may not be a troll. as far as i can tell, this person isn't flaming or spamming. he (?)appears to be pretty harmless. i don't know about you, but i find his threads quite amusing. it gives everyone a chance to feel superior, recommending all kinds of classic music to his constant inquiries. admit you've had fun with it. anyway, the news is so slow these days, alittle harmless flooding never hurt anybody....(did I just say THAT??? i must be realllyyyyy bored......)
04-18-02 07:03 PM
gypsy Well, that 'harmless' little lad was tugging at my heartstrings...
04-18-02 07:43 PM
Scot Rocks >>Listen kid, no offense but this is a Stones board;we hate Paul McCartney as he is a cheap, overrated, Angela Lansbery look alike, who is responsible for the hideous Beatles who out pop loving world will always love as #1 despite the Stones being far superior!

>>'Angela Lansberry' LOL I always thought Paul McCartney's music was murder...

>>the rest very true

>>STONES NO.1

04-18-02 08:10 PM
Cardinal Ximinez Oh Jaxxy!

I gotta give the guy credit...this is a brilliant bit of spamming...and right NOW it's harmless.

However, if you let this guy get some momentum going, we'll all pay later. I say better to call him on it now than to give him time to get himself entrenched and really fuck things up later.

And gypsy...doesn't it piss you off just a little that this guy pulled on your heart strings...for a lark?! That you got played like that?
04-18-02 08:24 PM
gypsy Yeah, I feel like such a fool...but, it gets worse...the kid e-mailed me with some story about him having a terminal disease, and how he'd like to see my polaroids before he passes on...so, guess who's in 'Beaver Hunt' this month? Yep, that kid duped me...
04-18-02 09:21 PM
Cardinal Ximinez AhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH....Woooooooodoggies!

Now think about this...what if he really IS in 4th grade! You may have just committed a felony!

I think you are safe though...he just played you real good...to the tune of getting to check out yer puppies!

Oh GOD, this guy is good...
04-18-02 09:29 PM
gypsy Yep, he's good alright...not only did he get to see my puppies, he got a nice little check from 'Hustler.' Thanks a lot, 'kid.'
04-18-02 09:43 PM
Cardinal Ximinez Oh my GOD!

Does that mean what I think it means?

If so....

I'm really really sick, and my doctor says that unless some kind, very beautiful stranger sends me naked pictures of herself, well.....the prognosis is bleak....but there is hope! Those pictures could give me the will to struggle on...and beat my affliction! Oh gypsy, my sweet gypsy, won't you help me......?

Hey if you fell for it once.....
04-18-02 10:20 PM
gypsy I feel so gullible...but, you do sound as though you're on your death bed...mmmmmm...okay, sure....anything to help out a sick child!
04-18-02 10:30 PM
KeepRigid Hey, where was Ms. Nightingale when poor Keep had leukemia?
04-18-02 10:31 PM
gypsy I'm here for you now, hon...
04-18-02 10:36 PM
KeepRigid (cough)

[Edited by KeepRigid]
04-18-02 10:48 PM
gypsy I can spot a faker from a mile away! But, you, you're genuinely ill, sweetie! Can you recommend a remedy?
Page: 1 2

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.