ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

The Blimp - with thanks a very good and special friend! :)
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch2: Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: April's Contest... Return to archive Page: 1 2
04-02-02 11:52 AM
Cardinal Ximinez ....is called "Fun with the babelfish"!

Here's the game...plug Stones lyrics into the translator at:

http://babelfish.altavista.com/

translate the lyrics into a language other than english, then retranslate them back into english...

come here and post the silliest translations...not entire songs...just the silliest lines...please post the original line, the language you translated it into, and then the result...

The person who posts, IMO, the silliest translation gets to pick any 2 disc show(or 2 single discs) from my list...

And don't try to make anything up, truth is always stranger than fiction...before I announce a winner, or winners, I will be plugging your line into the translator, and if it doesn't come extremely close to what you posted, you'll be disqualified...

Here's an example of what I mean:

I was born in a cross fire hurricane

translated into Italian

becomes:They have been sopportato in a cross-sectional hurricane of the fire

OK? This will take some effort on your part. You'll have to try differeny languages, and different lyrics...have fun!
04-02-02 02:09 PM
Jaxx i had to go with english to italian and back to english. what a scream.

It's too bad, she's got you by the balls
You can't break loose at all

It is too much defective, she has got you from the spheres that you cannot rompersi liberations at all

[Edited by Jaxx]
04-02-02 04:02 PM
nankerphelge English->French->ENglish:

I bet that you maintain your cat clean

I think y'all know the original!
04-02-02 06:59 PM
Maxlugar I love you dirty fucker, sister and a brother moaning in the moonlight singing for their supper:

From English to German to French to English.

"I love you dirty Fucker, sister and a brother who in Moonlight chamment to dine to them aechzt."

Damn thing almost came back in its pristine Jagger lyric. Then goes haywire.

Aechzt me!

Maxy!
04-02-02 09:39 PM
beer

"Where can I get my cock sucked?"

English to Italian, "Where can I obtain my sucked tap?"
04-02-02 11:23 PM
gypsy That's a good one, beer...
04-11-02 12:12 PM
Cardinal Ximinez I think we lost some replies from this thread....I'm only gonna leave the contest open for a few more days....if you wanna play, jump on it!
04-11-02 12:19 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Important: Inthis particular case, the thread was partially restored by Novogate, so I can't recover it complete. BUT only those who posted can recover his/her post checking his/her history in your browser as any reply appears with a different URl than the original thread, is the URL of the original text plus an additional number in the format #xxxxx

I think it was too techincal, in a few words those who posted a reply here just check your history and will find it!
[Edited by VoodooChileInWOnderl]
04-11-02 01:08 PM
KeepRigid Well, my entry was so inane the first time around that I didn't regard it as worth repeating. But I've always tried to do things the right way, so I attempted to retrieve it in my Novogate history.

I entered a different URL than the original thread, as per Voodoo's instructions, but I think I erred when entering the URL of the original TEXT, or perhaps my misjudgement came at the hands of the additional number I choose to enter in format #xxxxxx.

(Yes, I see now my mistake- too many x's.)

My reckless nature with these commands resulted in a hopeless search through my history registers. When at last I thought I had found upon the answer, I emerged during the turn-of-the-century 1890's.

It was eventide, and you were all there, too.

Jaxx, Soldati, Maxy, ~AzQb, SatisfactionUK, MickChick, somegirl, Joey, Nanky, The Worst, Stonesdoug, Miss U., Jaxx...

Cardinal X- now owner and proprietor of the local church which doubled as a dime-a-dance whorehouse on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

Voodoo and Gazza- your tavern was the popular hangout in town.

And there was gypsy. As lovely as enchanting in her evening hat and ballgown. She showed me her corset for a nickel.

Would you believe that even Keith incarnate was there? Himself running a livery of all things. I chuckled at the irony and he simply smiled, as if what I had said was funny.

EUREKA!

And I hit upon the idea of performing ENGLAND'S NEWEST HITMAKERS all the way through NO SECURITY, claiming each selection as my own...to live a lie in the shadow of other men.

I shared this dream with Keith incarnate, who smiled as if I had said something sad.

I realized he was correct and knew that I must return home.

And so I miss you all then, as I miss you now.

But I have learned if I ever go looking for my heart's desire again, I won't look any further than my own back yard. Because if it isn't there, I never really lost it to begin with.

Is that right?
04-11-02 02:39 PM
~AzQb

And I always thought i had weird dreams ~ ; )

The most interesting part to me, by far, was Ximinez as sole proprietor of said shop. Just hilarious ; )

~
04-11-02 02:46 PM
Nasty Habits Flip flop fit to drop come on baby won't you let it rock?

From English to Italian and back becomes

Flop of vibration the measure to drop, come on the child you it has not left it to oscillate?
04-11-02 03:51 PM
beer
I still like this one:

I'll never be your beast of burden. My back is broad, but it is hurting.
English to German to English:

I am your animal of the load. My jerk page is expanded, but it verztlezt.
04-11-02 03:56 PM
beer Here is a line from the song "Sparks will Fly", translated from English to French to English. I'm sure you can figure out the original line!

"I want to arrive there really fast. I want to kiss your soft ass"
04-11-02 04:35 PM
beer She is my little rock and roll. My tits and ass with soul.

English to Portuguese to English:

e my small rock and reel my tits and donkey with soul.
04-11-02 05:16 PM
TT Gimme, gimme, gimme the honky tonk blues!

English/French/English:

Gimme, gimme, gimme blue the honky of tonk!

04-11-02 09:31 PM
Cardinal Ximinez WoooooooooooooDoggies!

Yes sir, I like it, yes sir, I surely do!

Keep 'em coming....I like the spirit being shown here!

Mr. Rigid....that post didn't qualify you to win a damn thing, but it sure was gooooooooood!

Tues. & Thurs....Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

On those days they just call me Cardinal XXXiminez!

Let's go Rock's Off! I just got a crapload of great stuff that I'm about to add to my list....remember, that's the prize here! A yummy, frothy, minty fresh, CDR(or 2), of explosive Stones music! You get to pick from my list...and it's gettin' all swole up! Imagine! YOU could hear some of that delicious stuff that you hear everyone yammerin' about!

But you can't win if you don't play!

The Babelfish calls you!
04-11-02 11:21 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl wHo sOLd kEe PRriGiD bAd aCiD?

LOL KeepRigid I'm howling... that was a good one!
04-12-02 10:56 AM
Nasty Habits My original "LOST ENTRY" (praps this is an "outtake" entry)

From Live with Me

"When she strips, the chauffeur flips."

From English to Spanish and back:

"When she eliminates, the driver moves of a pull."

NASTY!
04-12-02 11:58 AM
The Worst English-German-English:
"Hey let you follow it you down, become way underground wind and it branched. Branch, in order to follow you down, straight line a dead impact right away from the road. Branch, in order to follow you down. The Ballrooms pours bordellos out and the spaces dresses filled with parasites. On stage the tape of problems received, you is a bag of the nerves of the first nights. It* ain't down bound to no hometown, Yeah and it* thought that it wreckless was. They think, it, it think falsely are that they are furious, Yeah and the Guitarre player keep restless. And its* coat is frayed violently gezerrissen and, it is seen much better days. Even as for a long time the Guitarre plays omit it to steal you your inside, omit it to steal you your inside. Joes a cough, tone type receive a rough, Yeah and the kodein for regulating them. Doctor prescribes, drug memory accessories, who gonna it is you help him to step it sources its coat become violently to gezerrissen and frayed out, It's seen much better days. Even as long as the Guitarre plays omit it to steal you your inside, omit it to steal you your inside"
*it= the tape?
spaces dresses= space dresses? the parasites= aliens? This must be bad guitar playing, as you can hardly avoid to spit up.
04-12-02 12:02 PM
The Worst "Heaven" into Portuguese and back (repost):
"Nothing will be in its way"
(what a paradox!)
04-12-02 12:21 PM
The Worst One of Maxy's all-time-favorites into German and back by me:
"' Lattich, he is what you are looking for"
(I only found one Lattich, named Tim Lattich by Altavista people search)
back into English by the Babelfish:
"Mass Gonna you to a confusion of the squeezings ' lettuce, which is, for which you look"
04-12-02 07:44 PM
beer From the song "Too Tight"

"untie those sheep shanks and all those fancy knots"

English to german to english

"draw to shank of those sheep and everything the fantasy nodes"

04-12-02 08:00 PM
gypsy Keep Frigid is kick-ass!
04-12-02 08:18 PM
RonniesDarling I picked the line Dandelion don't tell no lies, dandelion will make you wise, translated it to Japaneese then back to English it became something I can barely make since of

Dandelion lie namely the dandelion you whom it can point are not informed wisely

04-13-02 08:38 AM
Honky Tonker The black girls as soon as they wish to obtain fucked every thing to the night. English to Spanish and back!
04-13-02 09:57 PM
beer
"got to scrape that shit right off your shoe"

English to italian to english

"it has obtained to abrade that right of the shit outside of your ice skate."
04-14-02 12:56 AM
Cant Catch Me I never kept a dollar past sunset,
Always burned a hole in my pants,
Never made a school mama happy,
Never blew a second chance, oh no

Into and out of German becomes:

I did not hold never a dollar behind the sunset,
Always burned for a drilling in my trousers,
Never formed [a] school mummy, who am glicklich,
Never burned through a second probability, oh

How mama becomes mummy is beyond me.
04-14-02 01:42 AM
MarthaMyDear HE!!! HE!!! FUN!!!

Here's the English version:

I've been walking in Central Park
Singing after dark
People think I'm crazy
I've been stumbling on my feet
Shuffling through the street
Asking people, "What's the matter with you, boy?"

Sometimes I want to say to myself
Sometimes I say

Oooh oooh oooh oooh oooh oooh oooh

Then, I translated that to Spanish and then back to English and it comes-out as:

I have been crossing in central base that sang despu.��s of which she is dark people I think that I am crazy I have been encountering over my feet that are mixed to trav.��s of the street that asks people, "cu.�*l is the matter with you, boy? "Desire sometimes to say me sometimes that I say Oooh of oooh of oooh of oooh of oooh of oooh of Oooh

What the @*%$??? lol........................ :P

*** Martha ***

04-14-02 12:57 PM
The Worst (repost)
From Cocksucker Blues into French and back:
Where can I obtain my kissed ass?
04-14-02 01:00 PM
The Worst and into German and back:
"Where can I do mine donkeys received fucked?"
(repost)
Page: 1 2

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.