ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

In disgusie opening for the Stones with Billy Preston
© 1973 London Features International
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Kasabian (nsc) Return to archive
April 22nd, 2005 10:08 AM
Factory Girl Should I go see them for $10?? Are they any good? Are they UK or US? What is their sound??? TIA!
April 22nd, 2005 10:23 AM
Gazza I saw them opening for The Who last June

They're English.

They're not as guitar driven as the newer bands you seem to like. A couple of the guys in the band play keyboards/synthesizers

That said, they're not exactly the Human League either. More rock orientated.

They've done quite well over here with their first album. I'm not sure if they'd be your thing, but $10 to see ANY band these days is a giveaway.
April 22nd, 2005 10:24 AM
FotiniD I'd definitely go see them. Sure, they may not be all guitars like most of the new bands around, but I like their sound.
April 22nd, 2005 10:29 AM
Factory Girl Thanks to both of you.

I'm off to see Paul Westerberg next Friday, but after that I'm open for offers.
April 22nd, 2005 10:41 AM
Gazza "I wouldnt say (s)he's up for grabs, but certainly open for offers"

(Mick Jagger, "Love You Live")

April 22nd, 2005 03:11 PM
glencar Man, I thought you were talking about Linda Kasabian who was one of Manson's monsters back in '69.
April 22nd, 2005 03:12 PM
glencar So is this band named after that lost child of the 60's? Link - http://www.law.umkc.edu/faculty/projects/ftrials/manson/mansonothers.html
April 22nd, 2005 03:56 PM
Gazza Yes they are, as far as I know
April 22nd, 2005 04:11 PM
glencar Wow, obscure murdereresses for $200, Alex!
April 22nd, 2005 04:12 PM
Joey

Any band that opens for THE WHO is alright by me .

Sturscee & Franks ! ™
April 22nd, 2005 04:20 PM
glencar I'm sure they kicked the Who off the stage.
April 22nd, 2005 06:54 PM
Factory Girl Yuck, I did not know that.

My next $10 is going for beer.
April 23rd, 2005 05:33 AM
Honky Tonk Man 10 bucks?

Christ, go for it! They look cool and have a few good tunes anyway.

DON'T BE SUPRISED if Mick asks them to support on the up coming tour. They're one of the "in" bands at the moment.
April 23rd, 2005 08:18 AM
Gazza
quote:
Factory Girl wrote:
Yuck, I did not know that.

My next $10 is going for beer.

I would seriously doubt their name is some kind of 'endorsement' for Charlie...

(anyway, wasnt Linda Kasabian the 'Family' member who ended up testifying for the prosecution?)
April 23rd, 2005 11:07 AM
Scot Rocks Good album and definately worth $10 to go and see, with two very recognisable songs which did well in the charts. Kind of an early 90s baggy sound but quite hard to label them definitively.

Mark
April 23rd, 2005 11:14 AM
Scot Rocks

KASABIAN STAR HOSPITALISED

The first date of KASABIAN’s latest UK tour ended in chaos last night (April 22) as guitarist SERGE PIZZORNO was hit by a bottle flung from the audience at GLASGOW’s CARLING ACADEMY and was unable to continue.

The band had already played much of their main set - including 'Processed Beats', 'Test Transmission' and 'Reason Is Treason' - to a high-spirited audience. Although plastic pint cups were being flung amidst the crowd, however, it appeared to be a bottle which struck Pizzorno on his temple during 'The Night Workers' and caused him to drop to the floor. The band quickly followed him as he was helped offstage, with singer Tom Meighan assuring the audience they would be back "in two minutes".

After a heated five-minute wait which saw the crowd directing football chants in the direction of the culprit, however, a member of the production crew took the mic and informed everyone that the bottle had cut Pizzorno’s head, that he was going to hospital, and that the gig was over, before chastising the bottle-thrower. Reports from audience members differ as to exactly what sort of missile was thrown, with one near the front identifying it as a plastic water bottle.

Despite the crowd’s disappointment, they left the venue peacefully and in high spirits, although fan favourite 'LSF' and a three-song encore which included 'Club Foot' remained unplayed. At time of writing it was unclear whether these events would have any effect on the rest of the tour, due to continue tonight (Saturday 23) at the same venue.

http://www.nme.com/news/112148.htm
April 25th, 2005 11:43 AM
Zeeta Buy it! It's very different from most new "indie" stuff out there tho...Yes they could definitely support Rolling Stones on next tour - Kasabian love Stones as well!

Album is quite house music driven but with late 80s early 90s guitars on there i.e. Stone Roses era - it's all good. But truth be told they ain't gonna change your world...
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour