ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

In disgusie opening for the Stones with Billy Preston
© 1973 London Features International
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Stones album "should be finished in about 60 days" - Chuck Leavell Return to archive Page: 1 2
April 22nd, 2005 08:20 AM
Gazza Thanks to Chris on IORR "Tell Me" for the following info via a post on rs.com

Chuck Leavell was on wcsx (Detroit) this morning. He said the new material "sounds great, and should be finished in about 60 days". He further went on to say that he "couldn't imagine the Stones NOT touring to support a new album".

For those interested to dig out more, the site of the station is: [www.wcsx.com]

April 22nd, 2005 08:38 AM
Bruno Stone Thank you Gazza, great great news
April 22nd, 2005 08:39 AM
Ten Thousand Motels Yeah, but he ain't touring this time around. The Stones are going to use Maclagan this time.
April 22nd, 2005 08:41 AM
Some Guy Chuck was on Good Day Atlanta this morning talking about trees and such. The host asked him about rumours of the Stones recording and he said that he can tell us that he just got back from recording with The Stones and they have some wonderful new material with some in your face rock and roll!!
April 22nd, 2005 08:45 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
... and they have some wonderful new material with some in your face rock and roll!!

Well, it's about goddam time. It better be of "ORGASMIC/VOLCANIC" proportions.
[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
April 22nd, 2005 02:07 PM
Saint Sway its exciting to hear that they've recorded some "in your face rock and roll", but...

I've heard this kind of upbeat praise out of the Stones camp before. Remember how Keith bragged that the new songs they recorded for Forty Licks was the best sounding Stones songs in decades.

so...
I'll take Chuck's comments with a grain of salt and just hope for the best.
April 22nd, 2005 02:28 PM
Nellcote Forget....U2, Macca, WHO2, Dylan, Springsteen, as much as I like 'em all

New Stones LP & Tour, WTF?

The Greatest Rock & Roll Band Lives On!!!

Remember, with the Stones, you've got four living legends..

Now, all of this news is reason to wake the neighbors..

I will find this as an excuse to head out tonight to some local establishment to get all juiced up & sloppy..

Thanks for the info Gazza...

April 22nd, 2005 02:29 PM
gimmekeef Of course...what else would we expect the hired help to say....."sounds like all the other laid back stuff they've been doing for the last 20 yrs...."...Plus lots of annoying piano tinkering going on too...with guitars mixed so low you cant tell if they are even plugged in.."
April 22nd, 2005 02:52 PM
glencar Did Chuck talk about the tree stuff he does? I can't wait to hear the new stuff & I'm not as down on the 40 Licks new ones as others but I am leery when I hear taht teh new stuff will be "in-your-face" rock & roll. I fear another Sharks Will Cry moment!
April 22nd, 2005 07:30 PM
Soldatti
quote:
glencar wrote:
I fear another Sharks Will Cry moment!

We got another in 2002!

"I thought you were dinner
But you were the shark"

April 23rd, 2005 12:49 AM
IanBillen [quote]Gazza wrote:
Thanks to Chris on IORR "Tell Me" for the following info via a post on rs.com

Chuck Leavell was on wcsx (Detroit) this morning. He said the new material "sounds great, and should be finished in about 60 days". He further went on to say that he "couldn't imagine the Stones NOT touring to support a new album".

For those interested to dig out more, the site of the station is: [www.wcsx.com]

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Thanks Gazza,
Maybe they truly are not real close to being finished as of now or as I once thought. But what the hell did he mean by saying he could not see The Stones touring without a new album? Does he actually mean studio album? How could he? What about Licks and "technically" No Security (even though No Security was really more just an extension of B2B as most know)?

Ian
April 23rd, 2005 01:45 AM
ResidentMule
quote:
But what the hell did he mean by saying he could not see The Stones touring without a new album? Does he actually mean studio album? How could he? What about Licks and "technically" No Security (even though No Security was really more just an extension of B2B as most know)?

Ian

he meant it the other way around - that he couldn't imagine not touring behind the album.

but based on the circumstances I would still say this time is different from No Security and Licks. NS doesn't really count - hell there wasn't even a Euro No Security tour. after the American dates they just went back to make ups for missed B2B shows (at least I'm pretty sure, it has been a while). anywaym like you said, the name was just a technicality. and the tour only lasted for what - 4 months anyway? I'm no gonna blame a 4 month tour for them not getting on with another album. and Licks was touring for the anniversary - they were talking about that well before we knew anything about 40 Licks. I'd say a 40th anniversary is good enough reason to do 1 tour without an album personally.

I'm less than excited to hear its going to take 60 (and I'm gonna guess that's a conservative estimate) MORE days to work on an album they've supposedly been at for months
April 23rd, 2005 02:48 AM
IanBillen
ResidentMule wrote in reference to Chucks comment:
"he meant it the other way around - that he couldn't imagine not touring behind the album."

So I guess he meant this time around?

Ian
April 23rd, 2005 03:55 AM
egon this is going to be the best stones album ever.
i feel it.
feel it in my bones.
mark my words or
slap me silly and call me dorothy
April 23rd, 2005 06:28 AM
luxury1 Hey egon!!

I can feel "something" about this new album too! Lets hope we aint slapping you and dressing you in red shiny shoes....

Thanks for the link Gazza. These tidbits of info never cease to get me jonesin'.
April 23rd, 2005 08:53 AM
wisertime This year seems to be a great one :
-new Springsteen (fantastic) + tour
-Black Crowes reunion (they're better than ever)
-Dylan tour (better shows than last year)
-New Stones !!!!!!!!!!!!! + tour

Oh my god, my favorite artists are back and I really hope the new Stones album will be great.
April 23rd, 2005 09:11 AM
corgi37 Surely Chuck meant "Keith is singing some lovely lounge tunes, and of course, a reggae song circa 1980. I myself, are so far up in the mix, that i am now the "5th" Stone, and will be on the cover!"

Sorry, getting a little cynical.

60 days is ok to finish. Gotta polish all the little bits, re-mix this, re-dub that. Then get it all mastered, etc.

I just pray it doesnt tank, and they tour behind a flop.

And, i will repeat a oft commented, er, comment (by me).

This better be a goodie, cause it will be their last.

There. I said it again.
April 23rd, 2005 09:26 AM
Bob Tamp The new Stones album probably will not be a big seller. It will probably be in the top 10 for 2 weeks in the States like Bridges. I really dont care if it sells or not...as long as it's good. The Stones or any rock band for that fact cant outsell most of the rap, and Britney Spears albums.
U2 was number one for one week, and then Eminem( how ever you spell it) took back the number one spot.
April 23rd, 2005 10:41 AM
gimmekeef I spell it Enema.....
April 23rd, 2005 11:15 AM
Poplar
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
I spell it Enema.....

actually, i think he needs to piss.

April 23rd, 2005 02:18 PM
StonesChick I read on another board that Mick and Charlie are at the studio in Paris now. Anyone hear anything? Also, it said Keith had flown home "for the press conference" lol (a lot of preparaton?). Does anyone know when the press conference is?

The new album is going to be a classic!
April 23rd, 2005 04:45 PM
Gazza supposedly May 3rd or May 13th depending on who you believe.

It should be around that period anyway

April 23rd, 2005 05:16 PM
IanBillen
"it said Keith had flown home "for the press conference"

Well of coarse. He is getting the press conference together.
Who the hell eles is going to do all these things...

Ian
April 23rd, 2005 06:01 PM
Gazza I presume you're joking

You dont seriously think the BAND organise the logistics of these things do you?
April 23rd, 2005 06:13 PM
glencar You'd have better luck asking a magic 8 ball!

I can't believe the press conference is getting so close. Any word on where yet?
April 23rd, 2005 09:45 PM
Poplar
quote:
glencar wrote:
Any word on where yet?

three guesses...
April 24th, 2005 12:43 AM
Some Guy
quote:
Poplar wrote:

three guesses...

N
Y
C
April 24th, 2005 05:17 AM
IanBillen [quote]Gazza wrote:
I presume you're joking

You dont seriously think the BAND organise the logistics of these things do you.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Yeah, again that's a joke entirely. I am sure you thought. Geeze....this guy doesn't live in the real world. As for Mick, yes he is very much involved but only to see if all is going well with things like that. The press conference idea and tone is partially set by the Stones but then the rest is basically taken care of for them....all they gotta do is show up.
Charlie simply looks into it as needed with Mick.

Ian
April 24th, 2005 07:11 AM
gypsy
quote:
glencar wrote:
You'd have better luck asking a magic 8 ball!

I can't believe the press conference is getting so close. Any word on where yet?

*shakes Magic 8 Ball*

"All Signs Point To Yes"
April 24th, 2005 11:49 PM
KeepRigid Oh no, you don't still have that old Magic 8 ball my lawyer left at your house, do you?!

I hope they can continue to keep the details under wraps until the press conference. We knew way too much prior to the one for Forty Licks. It would be nice to actually be surprised this time.
Page: 1 2
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour