ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

In disgusie opening for the Stones with Billy Preston
© 1973 London Features International
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: JOEY! (Absolutely 100% NSC) Return to archive
April 22nd, 2005 05:49 AM
egon 70!!!

[Edited by egon]
April 24th, 2005 12:06 PM
Starbuck i never have understood joey's obsession with larry hagman. someone will have to explain it to me someday.
April 25th, 2005 09:44 AM
Joey
quote:
egon wrote:
70!!!

[Edited by egon]

Bless You Egon ....................

I LOVE that man !!!!!

God Speed Lawrence

|
|
|
|
V
April 25th, 2005 01:02 PM
voodoopug Hello Joey...........
April 26th, 2005 10:38 AM
Joey
quote:
voodoopug wrote:
Hello Joey...........

Hi Puggy !

April 26th, 2005 11:08 AM
exile Oh i see it now larry hagman
I always thought it was the husband from "I Dream of Jeanie"
April 26th, 2005 02:20 PM
Joey
quote:
exile wrote:
Oh i see it now larry hagman
I always thought it was the husband from "I Dream of Jeanie"

************* BLANK STARE ***********

Lawrence became a major television star with " Jeannie " but it wasn't until the program " Dallas " ( on the air for fourteen seasons ) that everyone in the entire world would discover just how great of an actor Hagman REALLY was ....

http://www.museum.tv/archives/etv/H/htmlH/hagmanlarry/hagmanlarry.htm

http://www.ultimatedallas.com/

" Hagman's first television experience began with various guest appearances on such shows as Playhouse 90. He was then cast in the daytime soap opera The Edge of Night, in which he appeared for several years. In 1965, he became a television star playing Major Tony Nelson, astronaut husband of a beautiful blonde genie, in the comedy series I Dream of Jeannie, which ran from 1965-70. He subsequently appeared in The Good Life and Here We Go Again and was a frequent guest star on a variety of television programs, until undertaking the career-making role of the crafty, silkily charming villain J.R. Ewing in 1978.

Hagman's role as the ruthless good old boy of Southfork would be indelibly associated with American cultural and economic life in the early 1980s. Over the course of 330 episodes, Dallas featured an American family beset by internal problems, many originating in the duplicitous schemes of its central figure, J.R. Ewing, who was a far cry from television's previous patriarchs. Viewers who tuned in could expect a weekly dose of greed, family feuds, deceptions, bribery, blackmail, alcoholism, adultery, and nervous breakdowns in the program that became, for a time, the second longest-running dramatic hour in prime time history (after Gunsmoke). The show's blended themes of sex, power and money also sold well worldwide. When J.R. was shot in March, 1980, the audience totaled 300 million in 57 countries.

Particularly noteworthy was the way in which Dallas made use of the cliffhanger ending. In its "Who shot J.R.?" season-end cliffhanger (the first ever in prime time), fans were left to speculate all summer over the fate of the man they loved to hate and ponder the question of which one of his many enemies might have pulled the trigger. The speculation grew to become an international cause celebre, with the first show of the 1981 season generating Nielsen ratings comparable to M*A*S*H's season finale, and pointing to the overlooked profitability of high-stakes serial narratives in prime time. Hagman's J.R. was influential in making greed and self-interest seem seductive, and the characterization inspired countless other portrayals (both male and female) on spin-off shows such as Knots Landing, and recent nighttime soap operas such as Melrose Place.

More recently, Hagman has been active in anti-smoking campaigns, producing a videotape entitled Larry Hagman's Stop Smoking for Life, whose proceeds went to the American Cancer Society. In 1995, the actor was diagnosed with a liver tumor and later underwent a successful liver transplant. "

[ Edited by SDH ]

[Edited by Joey]
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour