ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

In disgusie opening for the Stones with Billy Preston
© 1973 London Features International
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Eagles will be touring CA this Return to archive
April 22nd, 2005 02:16 AM
gorda The Eagles will be touring California this summer!

http://ecards.concerts.com/eagles_caltour/generic/
April 22nd, 2005 04:55 AM
IanBillen

Well I guess they more or less are doing it as kind-of a hobby these days and a way to maybe make a quick mill or two. 12 shows isn't really any money for them.

-To the average Joe it would be great money sure.-

But to a band that has The best selling album of all time, a slew of hits, and millions and millions of fans this will be just some minor change for the next year or so to play with.

With only 12 shows or so they cant be getting all that much even if they do jack up their prices a tad due to the short amount of shows.

The Stones tour for the glory and the almighty revenue they take in.

The Eagles seem to be doing this just to have fun these days.

Ian
April 22nd, 2005 06:55 AM
Zack Disagree, Ian. The Eagles are doing it for the money. I am sure ticket prices are going to be off the chart because it's such an "exclusive" short run.

I believe Keith when he said before the last tour he does it for "the glory." He has maintained his whole career that playing guitar in a band is all he's good at, and that he his life is on the stage. He's said "everytime I go off the road I become a junkie or an alcoholic," the second of which certainly appears to be true at the moment. Of course that doesn't explain the lack of a new record in eight years.
April 22nd, 2005 07:22 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Zack wrote:
He has maintained his whole career that playing guitar in a band is all he's good at,....

I don't really believe that little bit. Genius's are usually across the board good at alot of stuff. That's probably just a rationalization for being a bit lazy.
April 22nd, 2005 08:03 AM
Lazy Bones Alright! Hey, aren't they America's favourite band...?!
April 22nd, 2005 09:58 AM
FPM C10 The subject of the Eagles and the sucking of same was discussed recently and at some length over there
<-------------------------------------------

If it's not an inter-board faux pas, I would suggest checking parts of it out. Just make sure you don't pocket any band-width.

There's some hilarious stuff in that thread. Highly recommended are the contributions of She Rat, Sirmoonie, 2000 Man, and (of course) Fleabit Peanut Monkey.

http://www.keno.org/gasland/get.asp?M=152193&P=0&T=152193
[Edited by Fiji's flamboyantly gay side-kick]
[Edited by FPM C10]
April 22nd, 2005 10:34 AM
Gazza all of the above points made by the aforementioned luminaries are 100% correct

The Eagles make music for people who dont really care much about music to begin with. Schmaltzy soulless shit that lazy married couples who gave up listening to music with both ears years earlier put on in the background when they have friends over for dinner.

I dont find their music hideous or unlistenable. Just phony. It just leaves me cold.
April 22nd, 2005 11:11 AM
Mel Belli I wonder if there's an Eagles message board out there with fans complaining the band plays too many "warhorses." Probably not.
[Edited by Mel Belli]
April 22nd, 2005 11:31 AM
Moonisup I remember keith or mick saying: we aren't the eagles,
well, the stones are the eagles!
just for the money
April 22nd, 2005 11:38 AM
FPM C10
quote:
Moonisup wrote:
I remember keith or mick saying: we aren't the eagles,
well, the stones are the eagles!
just for the money

I don't know about all that - but is sex with turkeys legal where you're from?

It's not in some states over here.

The blue ones.
April 22nd, 2005 11:41 AM
Moonisup chuck thinks it's legal, I bet Micheal J thinks too, and as long chuck is in the stones, it's legal
keith did drugs
chuck does turkeys
April 22nd, 2005 12:38 PM
Dan The Eagles have toured almost every year since the reunion, just shorter tours in limited areas. What I wish the STones would do. Actually tickets for the shows here are $25-175. Some are more expensive and some cheaper than the 94 tour. It will definitely make them a lot of money, they get about 1-1.5 million a show I think. Small generic stage with few effects, probably doesn't cost much more to get off the ground than your average Green Day arena tour.
April 22nd, 2005 02:09 PM
Joey
quote:
gorda wrote:
The Eagles will be touring California this summer!

http://ecards.concerts.com/eagles_caltour/generic/

BEST EAGLES YET !!!!!!

W- W- W- W- What ?!?! ..... Oh , sure ! :

April 22nd, 2005 03:08 PM
glencar On a related note, I'll be taking plenty of shits in the NY area this summer!
April 22nd, 2005 03:43 PM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
On a related note, I'll be taking plenty of shits in the NY area this summer!

"Death Begins in the Colon"

" These toxins and “dead” foods lead to poor digestion, constipation, toxic colon build-up, weight gain and low energy. These common symptoms are more than just an inconvenience – they can lead to long-term health problems and serious disease.

“Of all the polite topics of conversation, the state of one's intestines is probably at the bottom of most people's lists. Let's face it: Irritable bowel syndrome, constipation, gas, diverticulitis and colon cancer are simply not things we like to discuss. And yet, as the old expression goes, death begins in the colon. Don't believe it? Ask any coroner. Autopsies often reveal colons that are plugged up to 80 percent with waste material.”
– Vegetarian Times, March, 1998 "

http://www.drnatura.com/

April 22nd, 2005 03:44 PM
glencar
quote:
Joey wrote:

"Death Begins in the EAGLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

" These annoying musicians and “dead” tunes lead to poor digestion, constipation, toxic colon build-up, weight gain and low energy. These common symptoms are more than just an inconvenience – they can lead to long-term health problems and serious disease.

“Of all the polite topics of conversation, the state of one's intestines is probably at the bottom of most people's lists. Let's face it: Irritable bowel syndrome, constipation, gas, diverticulitis and colon cancer are simply not things we like to discuss. And yet, as the old expression goes, death begins in the colon. Don't believe it? Ask any coroner. Autopsies often reveal colons that are plugged up to 80 percent with waste material.”
– Vegetarian Times, March, 1998 "

http://www.drnatura.com/

April 22nd, 2005 03:46 PM
Joey

" Take it to the Limit " was written by a Nebraskan

J. Fly ! ™
April 22nd, 2005 04:09 PM
glencar Case rested!
April 22nd, 2005 04:10 PM
glencar BTW I read your pal Al Payne has been dumped by his Asian wife. Too many anal requests?
April 22nd, 2005 04:10 PM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
BTW I read your pal Al Payne has been dumped by his Asian wife. Too many anal requests?

W- W- W- What ?!?!

Fissure

A fissure is a crack in the lining of the anal opening. It is one of the most painful anal problems and one that patients often confuse with hemorrhoids. It is painful because the crack in the lining exposes the underlying anal muscles. These muscles control the passage of stool through the anus and out of the body. The muscles become irritated from exposure to stool and air, and the irritation leads to intense pain, spasm and possible infection.

Anal fissures most commonly affect both men and women between the ages of 30 and 50. The most frequent cause of a fissure is passage of a very hard stool or a stool that is watery. Initial treatment consists of pain medication, increasing dietary fiber for large bulky stools and sitz baths. When this treatment does not relieve pain, a surgical procedure performed in the physician's office can help decrease spasm in the muscle and allow the crack to heal.

Fistula
An anal fistula is an abnormal tube-like passageway from the anal canal to a hole in the skin near the opening of the anus. Anal fistulas usually result from abscesses beneath the lining of the anus. Body wastes traveling through the anal canal are diverted through this tiny channel and out through the skin, causing itching and irritation. The usual treatment for an anal fistula is a minor operation to "unroof" the fistula and drain the abscess.

[Edited by Joey]
April 22nd, 2005 04:12 PM
glencar Yes, it was an in especially stimulating PEOPLE that I read last night whilst on my lunch break. Took me about a half hour. This weekend? The Economist!
April 22nd, 2005 04:15 PM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
Yes, it was an in especially stimulating PEOPLE that I read last night whilst on my lunch break. Took me about a half hour. This weekend? The Economist!

Bowel Incontinence
The loss of bowel control, or bowel incontinence, is a distressing problem that affects approximately 10 percent of adults. Many people with this problem do not seek medical help because they are too embarrassed to discuss their problem with anyone.

Normal control of bowel movements depends on proper functioning of the brain and entire nervous system, the coon, the rectum and the muscles surrounding the anus, and on the amount and consistency of waste products produced. The most common cause of bowel incontinence in otherwise healthy women is an injury to the muscles surrounding the anus during childbirth; but certain medications, trauma, diabetes, stroke and other problems in both men and women can contribute to the loss of control.

New advances in the evaluation of incontinence enable doctors to successfully treat this problem or help decrease the symptoms.

April 22nd, 2005 04:19 PM
glencar Gotta shower!
April 22nd, 2005 04:25 PM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
Gotta shower!

" Flatulence (flatus) is also known as farting or gas in the stomach or intestines.

Flatulence is produced by the 'friendly bacteria' in the large intestine during their action of fermenting undigested food which releases the gases carbon dioxide, hydrogen sulphide, methane, nitrogen and oxygen.

A common cause of flatulence is feeble secretion of stomach acid which leads to the improper digestion of foods.
It can occur at any time but more commonly manifests after eating a meal.
Flatus occurs when the food eaten is not 'broken down' / digested completely in the stomach and small intestine.
Subsequently, the food makes it into the Large Intestine in an undigested state.
There, the food comes into contact with billions of bowel bacteria - the friendly "intestinal fauna". These bacteria digest it further & this action produces a variety of gases - Hydrogen sulphide is the odour we associate with flatulence.

From the 3 food nutrients i.e. Proteins, Carbohydrates & Fats, the carbohydrates are the most efficient at producing smelly gas. The reason is that many contain indigestible carbohydrates & fibre e.g. beans.
These gasses & 'fermentation' can also cause bloating and in some long standing cases, pain in the gut area (especially upper left side).

Some causes of Flatulence are ...

Food Intolerance.
Use of certain medication e.g. antacids, stomach acid blockers.
Digestive disorder (lack of stomach acids - our stomach HCL levels decline as we age)
Poor diet & long term overindulgence in 'junk foods', salt, sugar, food additives, food colorants etc.
Swallowing air when eating (not very common)
Food intolerance & digestive disorder are the two prime factors.
For example, if you are "lactose intolerant", it means that you lack the enzyme, lactase in your intestine.
This enzyme is required to break down lactose into two sugar molecules so they can enter the bloodstream. Without the enzyme lactase, the lactose passes undigested through the stomach and small intestine. When it reaches the large intestine, it is attacked by the bowel bacteria and bad smelling flatulence is produced.

QUESTION: What can you do to help yourself?

ANSWER: If there are no medical reasons causing the problem, improve eating habits, chew your food better, don't drink too much liquid with the meal & supplement your diet with Digestive Enzymes & Probiotics for a period of time."

http://www.slimming-nutritioncons.freeserve.co.uk/html/flatulence.html

April 22nd, 2005 06:53 PM
SheRat Joey:

Did you know that in order to check for colon cancer, doctors are now requiring men to plant popsicle sticks in their turds and freeze them? And then bring them to the doctor?

Howe long have y'all been doing this? And why does no one speak of it?

BTW: Thanks for the referral/compliment FPM!
[Edited by SheRat]
April 22nd, 2005 09:03 PM
gorda No, the Eagles are not the Stones, but still they're pretty cool.
[Edited by gorda]
April 22nd, 2005 09:03 PM
gorda Actually, the California summer tour is a continuation of their world tour! They've been touring the world for the past 5 years!

They played at the Madison Square Gardens, 11 days ago, and the show was sold out!

Here is a review of the show:

http://www.nypost.com/entertainment/44324.htm

[Edited by gorda]
April 22nd, 2005 09:47 PM
tomk Friend of mine went to an Eagles show...
and fell asleep...
and he was in the 5th row...
and he wasn't smoking anything.
April 22nd, 2005 10:20 PM
gorda Hey Joey, "Resident Cretin"!!!!

Sorry to hear about all your medical problems, man!
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour