ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

In disgusie opening for the Stones with Billy Preston
© 1973 London Features International
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Stones Tour 2005 Return to archive
April 20th, 2005 03:32 PM
Janis I just wanted to ask who is going to be seeing the boys here in Philly 2005?
April 20th, 2005 06:35 PM
Madafaka Well, if you pay my fly ticket, I'll be there!
April 20th, 2005 06:38 PM
Some Guy A friend of mine, that is a non Stones fan, told me the new album will be titled Old Farts Still Linger.
April 20th, 2005 10:08 PM
Bob Tamp Old Farts still linger would actually be a great album title.
April 21st, 2005 11:46 AM
Janis Since none of you had anything meaningful to say I will add that my brother told me that the Stones have booked the Wachovia Center here in Philly. What about you SheRat or you Cardinal Fang or you Gazza?
April 21st, 2005 11:54 AM
FPM C10
quote:
Janis wrote:
Since none of you had anything meaningful to say I will add that my brother told me that the Stones have booked the Wachovia Center here in Philly. What about you SheRat or you Cardinal Fang or you Gazza?

Since I'm a Pennsylvanian I think there's a real good chance I'll be there. Is the Wachovia Center the same as the Spectrum or is it a totally new facility? The Spectrum is the first place I ever saw them, in June '75, so it would be sweet to revisit 30 years later.

Madison Square Garden is my main priority, but I don't think I can just do one.
April 21st, 2005 02:12 PM
Joey " The Spectrum is the first place I ever saw them, in June '75 "

<----------------- !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey little fella ........Watch it !!!!!

That is my C10 Brother there !!!!

Skittles Joe ! ™
April 21st, 2005 03:48 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Janis wrote:
I just wanted to ask who is going to be seeing the boys here in Philly 2005?

I've made the trip from NYC to Philly to see them on every tour since '89

and I'm hoping to see them there again in '05

cheers!
April 21st, 2005 05:26 PM
goatshead [quote]FPM C10 wrote:

"Since I'm a Pennsylvanian I think there's a real good chance I'll be there. Is the Wachovia Center the same as the Spectrum or is it a totally new facility? The Spectrum is the first place I ever saw them, in June '75, so it would be sweet to revisit 30 years late"
--------------------------------------------------------

The Spectrum and Wachovia Center are two different arenas that are in the same sports complex. The Flyers and 76ers played in the Spectrum from 1967 until they built the state of the art Wachovia Center in 1996. The Wachovia Center was first called Corestates, then First Union, and now Wachovia Center.

They still use the Spectrum for the minor league hockey Phantoms and occasional concerts. In my estimation, the Spectrum is one of the best venues to see a concert.
[Edited by goatshead]
April 21st, 2005 09:21 PM
Some Guy
quote:
Bob Tamp wrote:
Old Farts still linger would actually be a great album title.

that is humorous!
April 21st, 2005 10:28 PM
quackenbush I live in Upper Darby. I'm hoping to get tickets for either a show at the F U Center or the Tower. No more stadium shows for me.
April 21st, 2005 11:00 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Bob Tamp wrote:
Old Farts still linger would actually be a great album title.

that will be the title of the upcoming "joey" release!
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour