ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

In disgusie opening for the Stones with Billy Preston
© 1973 London Features International
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: "Stoned" the movie Return to archive
April 20th, 2005 01:41 PM
doo doo doo Dude Read in the Daily Variety that the Brian Jones movie is now officially entitled "Stoned" (formerly "the Wild & Wycked World of Brian Jones"). Obviously, a blatant attempt to hitch onto the Stones legacy.
April 20th, 2005 11:38 PM
corgi37 That title is cornier than eating corn flakes in a corn field with a corn cob pipe on your lap.
April 21st, 2005 08:11 AM
egon http://imdb.com/title/tt0426627/

There's a sort of Message board as well..
April 21st, 2005 08:17 AM
egon There's people there that say brian was killed
April 21st, 2005 11:08 PM
corgi37 Brian's dead?

April 21st, 2005 11:17 PM
Soldatti
quote:
egon wrote:
There's people there that say brian was killed

No surprise, isn't it?
April 22nd, 2005 02:54 AM
GhostofBrianJones When is this movie Stoned supposed to come out anyway?
From what I had understood it was supposed to be in the 2005
Cannes Film Festival but apparently it is still in post production.
I wonder what is going to happen next? I like Stoned better than
the original title, the original title sounds too sixtyish or something.
Now I wonder if it is going to be any good? The director Stephen
Woolley aka Stephen "Woolley Bully" Woolley had only $18
million to make the movie in the first place so this should be real
interesting I guess. If anyone has any news on this sometime
please share. Thanks.
April 22nd, 2005 03:27 AM
FotiniD I'm still puzzled that a really BIG film on the Stones has not happened yet. Sort of like the film on the Doors. You would expect the Stones story's got a little bit of everything in there to make it on the big screen.
April 22nd, 2005 04:32 AM
exile
quote:
FotiniD wrote:
I'm still puzzled that a really BIG film on the Stones has not happened yet. Sort of like the film on the Doors. You would expect the Stones story's got a little bit of everything in there to make it on the big screen.

I agree! I think a Stones movie in the same vein as the doors movie would be great....drugs, jail, girls, .....music even
April 22nd, 2005 05:55 AM
egon no film about the stones until they break up or someone dies (someone other than brian)

films about dead people always work better. myths & stuff...
April 22nd, 2005 06:49 AM
LadyJane When I saw the title of this thread I immediately thought, "OMG, a Documentary of the members of Rocks Off!!"

LJ.
April 22nd, 2005 07:22 AM
Monkey Woman
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
When I saw the title of this thread I immediately thought, "OMG, a Documentary of the members of Rocks Off!!"

LJ.

Oh yeah, that one would be realistic!
April 22nd, 2005 07:27 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
FotiniD wrote:
I'm still puzzled that a really BIG film on the Stones has not happened yet. Sort of like the film on the Doors. You would expect the Stones story's got a little bit of everything in there to make it on the big screen.

Well that might be because the "script" ain't over yet.
April 22nd, 2005 07:30 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
When I saw the title of this thread I immediately thought, "OMG, a Documentary of the members of Rocks Off!!"

LJ.

I'm glad it's a documentary....too many bad actors around here.
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour