ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

In disgusie opening for the Stones with Billy Preston
© 1973 London Features International
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Bruce TIVO/VCR Alert Return to archive
April 19th, 2005 07:41 PM
Nellcote From Backstreets.com

VCR/Tivo alert: So far we have a couple of things to watch out for on tellyvision as the record release approaches.

This Saturday, April 23, is the premiere of VH1 Storytellers, currently scheduled as a one-hour program, debuting 4/23 at 10 p.m. Eastern and repeating at midnight (4/24, 12 a.m.), on 4/25 at 3 p.m., and on 4/27 at 1 a.m.
Springsteen will also be featured on NBC's Today Show, a two-parter: Monday and Tuesday 4/25 and 4/26.

I hope the Stones get a clue when it comes to be their turn...
April 20th, 2005 05:31 AM
Gazza tape and DVD those fuckin' things!
April 20th, 2005 09:44 AM
GimmeExile I'm glad to see we have some Bruce fans here...Prepare yourself for a special deluxe edition of "Born to Run" to celebrate its 30th anniversary this year. I read one rumor that it will be a 3-disc edition with a DVD featuring live footage from 1975.
April 20th, 2005 11:07 AM
Martha
quote:
Gazza wrote:
tape and DVD those fuckin' things!

Your wish is my (and Chris's) demand!
April 21st, 2005 11:49 AM
Martha
quote:
GimmeExile wrote:
I'm glad to see we have some Bruce fans here...Prepare yourself for a special deluxe edition of "Born to Run" to celebrate its 30th anniversary this year. I read one rumor that it will be a 3-disc edition with a DVD featuring live footage from 1975.

Hey there! I've never received your b&p for the White Stripes 11/30/03 show you asked me to burn for you. Do you still want it?
April 21st, 2005 12:51 PM
Nellcote The "Bossapalooza" commences tomorrow in the States on
Today, as he's interviewed, plays a cut from Devils & Dust. See more @ backstreets.com/news
April 22nd, 2005 09:59 AM
Gazza The "Storytellers" show is being re-broadcast in the USA on "VH1 Classics" in EXTENDED form, and without commercials. on April 26th

more from backstreets.com

TV MOVIES: STORYTELLERS EXPANDED, AND MORE
All sorts of small-screen news to pass along...

Watch an online preview of the Devils & Dust DVD content from Aftonbladet.
And the full "All I'm Thinkin' About" performance video, from the DVD side, at yahoo.com.
VH1 Storytellers starts airing this weekend, premiering as a one-hour show on Saturday which will feature "Blinded By the Light," "Brilliant Disguise," "The Rising," "Thunder Road," "Devils & Dust" and "Jesus Was an Only Son." The one-hour Storytellers debuts at 4/23 at 10 p.m. Eastern and repeating at midnight (4/24, 12 a.m.), on 4/25 at 3 p.m., and on 4/27 at 1 a.m. Watch rockontv.com for changes or additions to the schedule.
For anyone wondering how they're going to compress the Storytellers performance into an hour, great news: on April 26 at 8 p.m., VH1 Classic will air a special extended version of Storytellers. Commercial-free, even!
The extended Storytellers is part of a full "Bruce Springsteen Day" on VH1 Classic to celebrate the release date of Devils & Dust -- all day they'll be featuring Springsteen videos, excerpts from his official concert films, and "new interview moments with Springsteen himself exclusive to the channel." The day before, Monday April 25, VH1 Classic will play the new "Devils & Dust" video every hour at the top of the hour.
And this Friday, 4/22, on Dateline NBC, the Today Show's Matt Lauer sits down with Springsteen to discuss the new album and tour. Springsteen will also be featured on Today, a two-parter airing on Monday and Tuesday 4/25 and 4/26. NBC did some filming yesterday, as Lauer paid a visit to Asbury Park for a stroll on the boardwalk, and Springsteen performed "All I'm Thinkin' About."

and the setlist for last night's tour warm up show in Asbury Park :

April 21 / Asbury Park, NJ / Paramount Theatre
Notes: The first of two warm-up shows at the Paramount Theatre, and fans' first real taste of the new tour -- unless you count Storytellers, which does seem to be a real bellwether for the Devils & Dust show. Yeah, Springsteen the storyteller is back: setting the scene, providing context, making with the funny, and generally illuminating the songs and the setlist throughout this acoustic performance. The talk started right after the "Devils & Dust" opener, when he told the crowd that "Tom Joad rules are in effect." (A very quiet crowd complied, other than some sing-along at the end of "Further On" and "This Hard Land," without being otherwise told to STFU.) Some in the crowd might have been flashing back to 1996... but surprisngly, only two songs from The Ghost of Tom Joad made the set. And would you believe that one of them was "My Best Was Never Good Enough"? Other big surprises: Tunnel tour staple "Part Man, Part Monkey," and Joad tour ultra-rarity "Used Cars" (one of two songs from Nebraska). And you knew it wasn't the Joad tour with that piano onstage. Nearly 15 years after the legendary Christic shows, fans finally get the payoff of a solo tour with piano. Bruce tickled the ivories for five songs: "For You," "Tougher Than the Rest," "My Hometown," "Lost in the Flood," and "Jesus Was an Only Son." The stool came out for the two main-set closers, "The Hitter" and "Matamoras Banks," two of nine songs played from the new record tonight. Five of 'em being live premieres. Plus acoustic takes on "Lonesome Day" and "The Rising," and "The Promised Land" to close. And this tour ain't even started yet!
Setlist: Devils and Dust/Youngstown/Lonesome Day/Black Cowboys/Long Time Comin'/Silver Palomino/For You*/Tougher Than the Rest*/Part Man, Part Monkey/Maria's Bed/Highway Patrolman/Used Cars/Further On (Up the Road)/My Hometown*/Lost in the Flood*/The Rising/Jesus Was an Only Son*/Leah/The Hitter/Matamoras Banks//This Hard Land//My Best Was Never Good Enough//The Promised Land
*=piano

[Edited by Gazza]
April 22nd, 2005 03:14 PM
glencar OK, I can make DVD's of this but it'll include commercials if tehre are any. I assume it's on tomorrow night & then the Storytellers thing is on VH1 Classic on April 26 which is Tuesday.
April 22nd, 2005 06:52 PM
Gazza Last night's warm up show from Asbury Park now available on EZT!!

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=38288
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour