ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

In disgusie opening for the Stones with Billy Preston
© 1973 London Features International
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: What are your New Album plans Return to archive Page: 1 2
April 22nd, 2005 12:21 PM
Dan The fact that I have absolutely no expectations whatsoever about the album means I wont be disappointed if it sucks, will enjoy it if its good and be downright euphoric if its great.
April 22nd, 2005 12:59 PM
Stray Cat UK I have bought every Stones album since Tattoo You on the day of release.

It's interesting that some songs are instantly likable,but others are growers.

eg;
thief in the night
love is strong
thru and thru
continental drift
highwire!

and many more.

It's been so long since the last studio album,I'm not sure how I'll approach my first listen.

I hope there's some good Rockers on it ,even from Keith !
A day off work and lot's of beer would be nice.I'll have to start planning.

is there a approximate release date yet ?

April 22nd, 2005 01:34 PM
Dan Chuck said it will be finished in about 60 days which means it will likely be released around the time the tour starts. But the way Mick micro manages things, wonder if his likely numerous meetings with Michael Cohl to plan the tour might make the quality of the album suffer in any way?
April 22nd, 2005 07:55 PM
Some Guy Didn't I hear somewhere that there are still a thousand ways we can fuck it up
April 25th, 2005 09:26 AM
HomerJRichards There are only 2 bands whose albums/products i'll buy on the day they are released - the Stones & AC/DC. In both cases, I won't sleep the night before the album is due for release - I'll be like a 5 year old kid on xmas eve. Then on the big day, I'll ring Target in the city & confirm they have a copy & ask them to put one aside, telling them that i'll pick it up in my lunch break at 12.30. Only i'll be too excited to wait until 12.30 so i'll make an excuse to my boss as to why i have to quickly go up town at 9.30 in the morning. Then after practically running the whole way there and back, i'll spend the next couple of hours reading every single minute detail on the sleeve & staring at it whilst trying to resist the temptation to play it on my work computer. I'll probably get a "headeache" around 2ish, & tell the boss im going home sick only to find that i can't crank up the stereo too loud coz my kids are asleep & my wife's knackered, which means that i probably won't get to listen to my new cd until about 9 oclock that night.
Page: 1 2
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour