ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

In disgusie opening for the Stones with Billy Preston
© 1973 London Features International
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: '67 Header Photos Return to archive
April 8th, 2005 02:50 PM
FPM C10 No one has commented on the amazing string of photos from the '67 tour that has graced the header the last few days...I think they're incredible. Brian looks pretty together in all of them, too, despite the general perception that he couldn't function after '66.

I would've loved to have seen them on this tour! I know the shows were only about a half hour long, but it would still be cool to list on your resume.

In yesterday's photo it looked like Brian was playing through a Marshall stack!!! What's up with THAT?
April 8th, 2005 07:26 PM
HellsRollingThunder I agree with you the 1967 headers with Brian are fantastic.
He did look good back then.
April 9th, 2005 01:19 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl My Fleabit peanut monkey here's your junkie friend... nooooooooooooooo thats not really true hehe (you all know the lyrics)

These are the kind of headers I looooooooooooooove

and Gypsy sent all of them... send more honey

1967 babies

Summer of love and the stones playing live with Brian, his last tour

Shit I want to be back in time and rock it
April 9th, 2005 04:43 AM
Honky Tonk Man Good on you for bringing this up FPM. I've been thinking the same too. These pictures are amazing and I certainly haven't seen them before. Not only was the 67 tour Brians last, but it was also the first time the Stones played in Italy and so on.

I also noticed Brian playing through a Marshall stack. The coolest concert picture with him in is from the 1968 NME Poll Winers concert. They're using a big line of Marshall amps. I think!
April 9th, 2005 08:11 AM
John Wood Did anyone notice Brian's Marshall. Wow I don't think I have seen him using that before. Influenced by Hendrix?? I wonder what amp Keith was using at this time? Any photos of his amp or did I just miss it?
April 9th, 2005 10:53 AM
FPM C10
quote:
John Wood wrote:
Did anyone notice Brian's Marshall. Wow I don't think I have seen him using that before. Influenced by Hendrix?? I wonder what amp Keith was using at this time? Any photos of his amp or did I just miss it?

Well, it's confusing...you can't definitely see his guitar plugged into the Marshall. There's a grey coil cord hanging down the front of the stack, and Brian's cord is black. Mostly obscured beside it is a Vox amp behind Brian's keyboard. So I don't know who's playing out of what.

Haven't noticed any shots of Keith's amp (or Keith) so far in this series.

I too have always been obsessed with the 1968 NME Poll Winners concert. They also looked really cool there.
April 18th, 2005 11:30 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl

THANKS GYPSY!!!

April 22nd, 2005 08:57 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Check this

Michelle Gonsalves of Bonhams and Butterfields in London is shown with an ivory satin jacket that was worn by Mick Jagger on stage during the The Rolling Stones' European tour in 1967 at Bonhams and Butterfields, in San Francisco, Tuesday, April 12, 2005. The jacket will be auctioned in a Rock n Roll and Film Memorabilia sale at Bonhams in Knightsbridge on April 27. (AP Photo/Jeff Chiu)

April 22nd, 2005 03:24 PM
gypsy
April 22nd, 2005 03:25 PM
gypsy
April 22nd, 2005 03:59 PM
charlotte Classic pics!!!! Thanks to the ninth wonder of the world:Gypsy

and you too Voodoo!
April 22nd, 2005 07:41 PM
tomk Great shots. Where is the link for these?
I must be blind. Or is it just those 5 or 6 Voodoo put up?
Regarding the Marshall amp, it must belong to one of
the support bands. The few pictures I've seen
on this tour the stones were using Vox 7120 amps.
http://www.voxshowroom.com/
Find the Vox 7120 page, and you'll see.
These are the Holy Grail of Vox amps as I think
only prototypes were made and were given to the Beatles
and the Stones. ONly a handful remain.
The Beatles used them on their "66 tour of Germany,
Japan (except the shows they filmed), and Manila,
and the NME show.
April 22nd, 2005 09:20 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
tomk wrote:
Great shots. Where is the link for these?

No link (yet) but if you want to see some real rare shots of the European 1967 Tour, the last with Brian check this

http://rocksoff.org/greece-april-17-1967.htm
April 22nd, 2005 09:29 PM
tomk As Jack Webb (Sgt. Friday) would say...
Right. Got it. Thanks.

TK
April 22nd, 2005 10:47 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
April 23rd, 2005 09:39 AM
corgi37 The 67 pics are truly amazing. Just goes to show how fast the touring scene changed when they toured in 69. Vast difference.

Also, todays header shows Bill still sang backing vocals!

67 is certainly a tour that, to me, is hardly ever spoken about. Sort of like the 78 tour.
April 23rd, 2005 09:27 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl This is the last from Gypsy's batch, thanks again and always honey

© 1967 TransGlobe Photos with thanks to Gypsy!
April 23rd, 2005 09:49 PM
gypsy I've got more...a lot more. I just don't have time right now. I'm going to send you a file right now w/ some Jimi for you, and some Brian, Stu, and Nicky Hopkins.
[Edited by gypsy]
April 25th, 2005 10:06 AM
GhostofBrianJones Thank you for the beautiful pictures of the Rolling Stones 1967.
Well done.
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour