ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: ricky don't lose that number... Return to archive
26th April 2006 10:50 AM
chevysales see ya in 07... not!

nfl couldn't replicate the "false positive" that an herb supposedly gave for an "amphetimine like substance" and since he had david cornwall as an attorney who set up the substance abuse system for the nfl me thinks his own people couldn't replicate the "false positive" either!

damn this guy has problems in december... holiday blues? all 4 of his dirty urines were in december!

such a great talent one of the top 3 running backs in the league last year and wow what a stud at texas!

wasted talent!

on another note my beloved dolphins will still dominate the afc east this year... and you haters... you know who you are you pats fans will be fighting for last place amoung the horrible jets and bills!
26th April 2006 10:54 AM
Saint Sway why cant athletes smoke pot??

its just weed

its certainly not a performance enhancing drug. So if he can smoke and still be one of the top backs in the league than whats the big deal??

I understand cracking down on steroids and other performance enhancing drugs but smoking a joint is just like having a few beers.
26th April 2006 11:04 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl What's the origin of the expression "Ricky don't lose that number..."? I heard it one time from Frank Zappa, now I see that it has another different origin
26th April 2006 11:20 AM
jb Absolute BS!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bonds is about to break a sacred record, and Ricky can't play cause he allegedly smoked some wwed!!! Fucking bullshit!!!!!!!!!!!
26th April 2006 11:21 AM
Saint Sway Bonds needs to smoke up and mellow out. The guys a major f'in asshole.
26th April 2006 11:24 AM
jb
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
Bonds needs to smoke up and mellow out. The guys a major f'in asshole.

Agreed......as are most athletes.
26th April 2006 11:27 AM
chevysales
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
why cant athletes smoke pot??

its just weed

its certainly not a performance enhancing drug. So if he can smoke and still be one of the top backs in the league than whats the big deal??

I understand cracking down on steroids and other performance enhancing drugs but smoking a joint is just like having a few beers.

it wasn't weed this time... but hey it's the policy and the strictest in sports like it or not.

26th April 2006 11:28 AM
Egbert Politicians too, as long as they keep the paranoia under control.
26th April 2006 11:29 AM
SweetVirginia
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
What's the origin of the expression "Ricky don't lose that number..."? I heard it one time from Frank Zappa, now I see that it has another different origin

I always thought Steely Dan invented the phrase....

Maybe one of our professors of rock will let us know
for sure (although I thought YOU were one of our
professors of rock, Voodoo).

SV

26th April 2006 11:29 AM
gimmekeef So much for Fins in the Supa Bowl predictions....NFL sure does stand for the No Fun League though....
26th April 2006 11:36 AM
chevysales
quote:
jb wrote:
Absolute BS!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bonds is about to break a sacred record, and Ricky can't play cause he allegedly smoked some wwed!!! Fucking bullshit!!!!!!!!!!!

hey jb my brother whats up?

yea i agree...but we will still dominate the afc east this year!

but it wasn't weed this time jason cole did a story on it when this first surfaced and has stated it was an "anphetimine like substance" but neither side has been able to replicate the alleged false positive. and the publicity on this really hurt ricky... on another note last nite the nfl announced they would not lot the "whizziator" onterrio smith who played for the vikings to return after his year suspension... players have to still participate in the nfl's drug program with up to 10 tests a month during there suspension. smith failed to do that so he's gone for good from the nfl.
26th April 2006 11:37 AM
chevysales
quote:
What's the origin of the expression "Ricky don't lose that number..."? I heard it one time from Frank Zappa, now I see that it has another different origin

hey voodoo... i get it from steely dan... "ricky don't loose that number" it's the only one you'll need you might use it you feel better
26th April 2006 11:38 AM
GotToRollMe
quote:

"Ricky Don't Lose That Number" was a hit song from the 1974 Steely Dan album, "Pretzel Logic."
[Edited by GotToRollMe]
26th April 2006 11:58 AM
Nellcote Saban has let me down.
I thought he was a tough sob, he is practically Ricky's life coach at this point.
Saban is showing a weakness with this that
is rather shocking.
He should distance himself from Ricky now, to gain the credibility back for the next 18 months.
If Ricky can stay clean in 18 months, talk to him then.
Saban needs to suck it up, move on from this disciple of Bob Marley with the million dollar paycheck & the ten cent mind...
26th April 2006 12:02 PM
jb I'm more pissed Farve is coming back, and with 25 td's breaks Marino's all time record....The 61k yards/5084 in one season are safeis safe as Farve has 53k.....but with manning breaking the 48 TD record and now this, it hurts ...that moither fucker Jimmy Johnson cost Dan a good 25-50 TD's and another 10k yards, b/c of that lame offense he surrounded Marino with.
26th April 2006 03:32 PM
gimmekeef jb...with what Favre has around him...that 25 tds is safe even over 2 years.....now 25 ints is another matter!
26th April 2006 04:42 PM
chevysales
quote:
jb wrote:
I'm more pissed Farve is coming back, and with 25 td's breaks Marino's all time record....The 61k yards/5084 in one season are safeis safe as Farve has 53k.....but with manning breaking the 48 TD record and now this, it hurts ...that moither fucker Jimmy Johnson cost Dan a good 25-50 TD's and another 10k yards, b/c of that lame offense he surrounded Marino with.

he also has a chance to break dan's completion record... but i see brett (i may retire) farve as sitting by the half way point of the season. there team stunk last year and looks to be another 3-13 season for them this year.

btw jb see the new training bubble at dolphins camp?
oh and i believe that lame offense was jj having kippy brown as o coordinator. they both suck.

[Edited by chevysales]
26th April 2006 04:43 PM
chevysales
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
Saban has let me down.
I thought he was a tough sob, he is practically Ricky's life coach at this point.
Saban is showing a weakness with this that
is rather shocking.
He should distance himself from Ricky now, to gain the credibility back for the next 18 months.
If Ricky can stay clean in 18 months, talk to him then.
Saban needs to suck it up, move on from this disciple of Bob Marley with the million dollar paycheck & the ten cent mind...

nick is on record as saying he couldn't think of 5 other players he would rather coach then ricky... ie he was a model citizen last year.
[Edited by chevysales]
27th April 2006 01:51 AM
Zack
quote:
jb wrote:
I'm more pissed Farve is coming back, and with 25 td's breaks Marino's all time record....The 61k yards/5084 in one season are safeis safe as Farve has 53k.....but with manning breaking the 48 TD record and now this, it hurts ...that moither fucker Jimmy Johnson cost Dan a good 25-50 TD's and another 10k yards, b/c of that lame offense he surrounded Marino with.

Hey jb. I am sure Marino would give up twice that number of yards and TDs for one ring.
27th April 2006 07:10 AM
chevysales
quote:
Zack wrote:

Hey jb. I am sure Marino would give up twice that number of yards and TDs for one ring.

yep he has pretty much stated that... although he cherishes his td record's. unfortunetly one man doesn't win a super bowl as his career has shown us.

the most exciting qb to ever grace the pocket never had a full compliment of characters around him to get it done. watching the games he played in was so exciting in his prime. simply amazing to watch and can't ever be compared to anyone based on style of play.

if it wasn't a lack of defense (see superbowl 19) or the lack of a running game of any signifigance or ewe von shuwmann (sp) missing the winning kick against san diego in 94 sending san diego to super bowl or the defense allowing an inferior patriots running back to run all over them sending the pats to the super bowl against chicago which miami was only team to beat the bears that year and beat them badly too!

yep he would trade it all for a ring as would anyone as that ring is what everyone plays for.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)