ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Heavy Metal Appreciation Thread Return to archive Page: 1 2
25th April 2006 02:11 PM
Dan The Metal Sludge board has been down all morning. I don't really know what to do with myself right now. You might be seeing me post a lot more than usual today.
25th April 2006 02:12 PM
Saint Sway Heavy Metal sucks.

thank god its over.
25th April 2006 02:17 PM
nanatod Saint, I like Heavy Metal AND the Crowes.
Dan, you can always go over to the Ozzfest message board, although only some of the posters there are old enough to remember old school metal. The rest are nu-metal and mallcore youngsters.
25th April 2006 02:18 PM
Dan
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
Heavy Metal sucks.

thank god its over.

Its not over.
25th April 2006 02:19 PM
Dan
quote:
nanatod wrote:
Saint, I like Heavy Metal AND the Crowes.
Dan, you can always go over to the Ozzfest message board, although only some of the posters there are old enough to remember old school metal. The rest are nu-metal and mallcore youngsters.

Spent all of ten minutes there after the 7/31/04 gig. This year's lineup sucks. With the exception of Slipknot who is starting to grow on me, I am not much into nu-metal.
25th April 2006 02:21 PM
jb LMFAO....what a great thread!!!!
25th April 2006 02:22 PM
Riffhard The only Metal that ever really moved me was early Sabbath,and the odd Maiden tune now and again. Other than that it's not my cup of meat.

Riffy
25th April 2006 02:49 PM
SweetVirginia
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
The only Metal that ever really moved me was early Sabbath,and the odd Maiden tune now and again. Other than that it's not my cup of meat.

Riffy

I agree. I love it when "War Pigs" happens
to come one the radio (which isn't too often).

Do you ever play it at work, Riffy?

SV
25th April 2006 03:41 PM
Dan I dig the Eternal Idol demos with Ray Gillan on vocals, he quit to join Badlands and his vocals on the official release were replaced by Tony Martin.

I also like Duhumanizer, released in 1992, with Ronnie James Dio on vocals. Volume 4 still remains my favorite Sabbath album though.
25th April 2006 03:59 PM
Riffhard
quote:
SweetVirginia wrote:

I agree. I love it when "War Pigs" happens
to come one the radio (which isn't too often).

Do you ever play it at work, Riffy?

SV

Oh yeah! I played it the other night in fact. We also play Fairies Wear Boots,Sweet Leaf,Paranoid,Sabbath Bloody Sabbath,and Black Sabbath. I really like that old Sabbath. I even like some early 80's solo Ozzy. However,I am not a fan of later day Ozzy or Sabbath,and the glory days are long past for all of them.

Riffy
25th April 2006 04:06 PM
sirmoonie R.I.P. Curt Cobain. The man who single handely killed "heavy metal" music. We owe him many thanks.
25th April 2006 04:08 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

Oh yeah! I played it the other night in fact. We also play Fairies Wear Boots,Sweet Leaf,Paranoid,Sabbath Bloody Sabbath,and Black Sabbath. I really like that old Sabbath. I even like some early 80's solo Ozzy. However,I am not a fan of later day Ozzy or Sabbath,and the glory days are long past for all of them.

Riffy

agreed!!
25th April 2006 04:28 PM
Dan
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
R.I.P. Curt Cobain. The man who single handely killed "heavy metal" music. We owe him many thanks.

This sentiment gets debunked at least once a week on the still MIA Metal Sludge board.
25th April 2006 04:37 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Dan wrote:

This sentiment gets debunked at least once a week on the still MIA Metal Sludge board.

when I was in High School, the Metal Sludge board was the 7-Eleven parking lot.
25th April 2006 04:40 PM
gimmekeef I still get a laugh thinking about that assclown Lars of Metallica saying.."they were co-headlining SF with The Stones".....What amphitheater are they playing this summer?
25th April 2006 04:45 PM
Dan
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
I still get a laugh thinking about that assclown Lars of Metallica saying.."they were co-headlining SF with The Stones".....What amphitheater are they playing this summer?

Actually it looks like only stadiums this year. Co-headlining sounds about right since they likely helped sell about half the tickets for the SF gigs. And from what I understand they blew the Stones away just like they were doing to headliners 15-20 years ago.
25th April 2006 05:01 PM
mrhipfl BURN!
25th April 2006 05:52 PM
Sir Stonesalot I like Motorhead.

I like Motorhead a LOT.

I also like Alabama Thunderpussy. And The Atomic Bitchwax. And Fu Manchu.

Are Fu Manchu Metal?
25th April 2006 06:01 PM
lotsajizz AC DC
25th April 2006 06:11 PM
Dan
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
I like Motorhead.

I like Motorhead a LOT.

I also like Alabama Thunderpussy. And The Atomic Bitchwax. And Fu Manchu.

Are Fu Manchu Metal?

I saw them once but don't remember it, and they were opening for Motorhead.
25th April 2006 07:35 PM
Riffhard
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
I like Motorhead.

I like Motorhead a LOT.

Yeah I forgot about Lemmy and Co.. They can be kinda fun an occassion. Ace of Spades kicks.

Riffy
25th April 2006 07:43 PM
SweetVirginia
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

Yeah I forgot about Lemmy and Co.. They can be kinda fun an occassion. Ace of Spades kicks.

Riffy

Hey! Get back to work.

SV
25th April 2006 07:59 PM
Riffhard LOL! Damn SV you're a slave driver! I'm working even as type!

Riffy
25th April 2006 08:14 PM
SweetVirginia
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
LOL! Damn SV you're a slave driver! I'm working even as type!

Riffy

Play some Stones...or "War Pigs".

SV

25th April 2006 08:18 PM
Riffhard
quote:
SweetVirginia wrote:

Play some Stones...or "War Pigs".

SV

I'm playing The Clash right now. London Calling. Stones come later though. War Pigs? Sure why the hell not?!

Riffy
25th April 2006 08:21 PM
SweetVirginia
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

I'm playing The Clash right now. London Calling. Stones come later though. War Pigs? Sure why the hell not?!

Riffy

I'm at my desk listening. Beats watching
"Accroding to Jim" on TV!

I liked the Ramones and Clash.

Thanks!

SV
25th April 2006 08:25 PM
Riffhard Oh cool! Hey thanks for listening. I'll give you a shout! Where are you? What state? Va?

Riffy
25th April 2006 08:26 PM
SweetVirginia
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
Oh cool! Hey thanks for listening. I'll give you a shout! Where are you? What state? Va?

Riffy

Nope, I'm in Westchester Co. NY.
25th April 2006 08:26 PM
rasputin56 Armored Saint.
Anthrax (early)
25th April 2006 09:21 PM
FPM C10 Heavy Metal...hmmm...there must be something good about it...

The term "heavy metal" was taken from a novel by William Burroughs. But then so was the name "Steely Dan".
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)