ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Here's a vid that I had never seen prior to 5 minutes ago Return to archive Page: 1 2
25th April 2006 10:52 PM
GotToRollMe Wow, Riffy, I haven't seen that one in donkey's years. What a great tune. Thanks for posting the link.
26th April 2006 01:53 AM
The_Worst FYI-This video, along with both versions of the Angie video are available on the new edition "BIG Cocks*cker Blues" if anyone wants to pick it up...
26th April 2006 09:00 AM
corgi37 Jagger does indeed look like Bowie. 2nd worst hair cut EVER! 89 is 1st.

Taylor's hat is a tragedy. Looks like he pilfered through Brian's wardrobe cast-offs circa '67.

Lovely song clip though.
26th April 2006 09:17 AM
chevysales
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

No I'm not Southside Steve. I left Atlanta in 1991. I was on Z-93 for several years. Then I moved to Miami and was on WSHE.

Riffy

wshe... tom judge mid/late 70's... then zeta4 surpassed them (they had a great jazz show on sunday nites that LB/ larry bessler hosted exposed a ton of us rockers on to good jazz back in the early chuck mangione early days "feels so good" along with the brecker brothers and too many others to mention . but true riffy wshe was THE station in the early years.

hey riffy do you know sean aka micheal maze? he followed howard stern around 2000-2002 at kroc or whatever it was called in new york then. good friend of mine who now does kc101 up here in ct... he was on punkd and other mtv shows. he brought me and another manger from our store to the music awards in new york and miami a few years back... quiet an experience.

after the new york one i believe 2002? he brought us to the station and showed up howards studio... we sat in his chair and after we had drinks with david lee roth who was very cordial to us even though i was never a van halen/roth fan he didn't come off as a jerk at all to us.

as for wshe i was 15 parking cars at the "four o'clock" club and tony roma's in plantation and all the she jocks drank their lunch their. tom judge's dad owned the station then and "she" was hottest classic rock/aor station going down there.

met the doobie brothers at the station when "takin' it to the streets" was released the best doobie brothers album they ever did.

i still have the album that was played that day for it's soflo debut with the songs played from that album marked with a pen and the autographs of the band next to it... they played the hollywood sportatorium the next nite.

used that album to clean the seeds from many a jamaican bud during those days.

great weekend as the original humble pie lineup played at pirates world and "30 days in the hole" brought the house down... god i miss those days for rock and roll!

the video i have seen before... charlie doing his head tilt thing which he still does but sans the eye stare.
great song!

yea don kirschner had some good shows but towards the end the show sucked eggs!

[Edited by chevysales]
26th April 2006 10:07 AM
Reptile I don't consider this a very good song. But it's a funny lip-sync just the same.
26th April 2006 10:16 AM
lotsajizz
quote:
chevysales wrote:

wshe... tom judge mid/late 70's... then zeta4 surpassed them. but true riffy wshe was THE station in the early years.
[Edited by chevysales]

I liked that K102 too....they were a nice combination while I was a Miamian in the early to mid-80's

26th April 2006 10:55 AM
chevysales
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:

I liked that K102 too....they were a nice combination while I was a Miamian in the early to mid-80's

yep i go that way too.

but the soflo radio scene is salsa/rap now except for the station around 105 on the dial classic radio rock is dead there.

btw... jizz what happenned to the jazz?
[Edited by chevysales]
26th April 2006 12:43 PM
jb WSHE was one of the great early rock stations-Rob Walker a great DJ down here...sadly, it turned mainstream many years ago.... I then had toi suffer throught Zeta 94.9(Paul and Young Ron), and basically, gave up listening to the radio.............except Neil Rogers.
26th April 2006 04:48 PM
chevysales
quote:
jb wrote:
WSHE was one of the great early rock stations-Rob Walker a great DJ down here...sadly, it turned mainstream many years ago.... I then had toi suffer throught Zeta 94.9(Paul and Young Ron), and basically, gave up listening to the radio.............except Neil Rogers.

in it's infancy zeta4 blew wshe off the air... then they also changed their format.

wqam... rogers nah but i'll take fat ass hank and jim mandich's show which btw i am listening to now thanks to the internet.

before work i gets my phinz fix from joe rose on 790the ticket.
26th April 2006 05:00 PM
luxury1 you boys dont want to view the latest video on RS.com. Angie, from April 18. I truly dont know how Mick could concentrate enough to sing through that.....
26th April 2006 05:02 PM
Saint Sway is that the one where he duets with the asian kid from American Idol?
26th April 2006 05:41 PM
luxury1 Mick resembles a young Eric Roberts in that "till the next goodbye" video.

No, S. Sway--Angie is from New Zealand. Just log on and watch it--or are you not a member??
26th April 2006 05:44 PM
Saint Sway
yes I am a member. But which is it?? Should I watch or not?

quote:
luxury1 wrote:
you boys dont want to view the latest video on RS.com. .

quote:
luxury1 wrote:

Just log on and watch it

26th April 2006 05:57 PM
luxury1 enter at your own risk....

by the way, I am going to buy Riffy a hat like Mick T's as a thank you for sharing that video with us. He would look darling....
26th April 2006 06:03 PM
Twostoned
quote:
jb wrote:
This is a old, often played video, seen by most real fans. Boy, everyday I post here , I see how uniformed many so-called fans are............truly a reflection on why we have no legacy. Thankd again Riffy...you helped many rediscover a 32 yr old video.

What an asshole. Thanks Riffhard for sharing the video. Very pretty.
27th April 2006 12:25 AM
Lethargy I can see why we've never seen it before. MAN, DOES IT EVER SUCK! The fake wate/river facade, the lack of passion in everyone's face, etc.

Still cool to see it though. I've never seen it either, before this post of yours, so THANKS!
27th April 2006 12:27 AM
Taptrick
I think that's actually Ashton Kutcher singing there.

Too cool. Mick with the feathered and layered hair. His bangs look like Jacalyn Smith. Awesome.

27th April 2006 07:12 AM
chevysales
quote:
luxury1 wrote:
Mick resembles a young Eric Roberts in that "till the next goodbye" video.

No, S. Sway--Angie is from New Zealand. Just log on and watch it--or are you not a member??

luxury funny as you are correct he does look like eric
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)