ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Here's a vid that I had never seen prior to 5 minutes ago Return to archive Page: 1 2
25th April 2006 11:12 AM
Riffhard Pretty cool vid of "Till The Next Time We Say Goodbye". It's got to be some of the earliest footage of Jagger actually playing guitar. Keith looks mid seventies rotten toothed debauched best. Taylor looks a wee bit gay. Anyone know where this is from? At first I thought it was lip synched,but then I realized it was Mick singing to a backing track. Cool vid either way.

Till The Next Time We Say Goodbye-1974

Enjoy

Riffy
25th April 2006 11:15 AM
jb Don Kirhsner..his grandson goes to my kids school..it's old news my friend. I am embarrassed for you!!!!!!!!!! And Tony Snow!!!!

[Edited by jb]
25th April 2006 11:18 AM
Riffhard
quote:
jb wrote:
Don Kirhsner..his grandson goes to my kids school..it's old news my friend. I am embarrassed for you!!!!!!!!!!
[Edited by jb]

Kirshner was a another cool jew! It may be old to you,but it's brand new to me. And here I thought I had seen all of the old Don Kirshner clips. I remember watching that show as a kid. That and Wolfman Jack's Saturday Night Special.

Riffy
25th April 2006 11:21 AM
jb
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

Kirshner was a another cool jew! It may be old to you,but it's brand new to me. And here I thought I had seen all of the old Don Kirshner clips. I remember watching that show as a kid. That and Wolfman Jack's Saturday Night Special.

Riffy

Well, I could be a possible English edition...but I suspect Kirshner had his hands in it!!!! Kirshner was /is a great Hebrew.
25th April 2006 12:09 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
Pretty cool vid of "Till The Next Time We Say Goodbye". It's got to be some of the earliest footage of Jagger actually playing guitar. Keith looks mid seventies rotten toothed debauched best. Taylor looks a wee bit gay. Anyone know where this is from? At first I thought it was lip synched,but then I realized it was Mick singing to a backing track. Cool vid either way.

Till The Next Time We Say Goodbye-1974

Enjoy

Riffy

Great song, too.

I think Mick is shown playing guitar in the Godard movie, right?
25th April 2006 12:16 PM
PeerQueer THANK YOU FOR THAT LINK!

WHAT A GREAT PERFORMANCE!!

I would love the Stones to end a show with this one - -

25th April 2006 12:41 PM
Gimme Shelter Awesome!!! Why don't they put out a DVD collection of their videos.
25th April 2006 12:50 PM
jb This is a old, often played video, seen by most real fans. Boy, everyday I post here , I see how uniformed many so-called fans are............truly a reflection on why we have no legacy. Thankd again Riffy...you helped many rediscover a 32 yr old video.
25th April 2006 12:59 PM
kath mick looks a lot like david bowie in that video....
25th April 2006 01:43 PM
Riffhard
quote:
jb wrote:
This is a old, often played video, seen by most real fans. Boy, everyday I post here , I see how uniformed many so-called fans are............truly a reflection on why we have no legacy. Thankd again Riffy...you helped many rediscover a 32 yr old video.

I am a real fan Josh! I even visited Jagger on the set of Freejack! Only a real true blue fan would have done that. I watched him get his makeup applied while he was wearing his Vacendak costume. I played roulette with Jagger! I got high with Mick! I drank St. Paulie Girls with Mr. Jagger! Shit I even sat down and talked with Emilio Estevez and him at the wrap party for Freejack and told some filthy jokes that had Emilio and Mick doubled over in laughter! Doubled over I said! I once even owned Primitive Cool! I am the very definition of a "true" fan!

Riffy
[Edited by Riffhard]
25th April 2006 01:48 PM
jb
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

I am a real fan Josh! I even visited Jagger on the set of Freejack! Only a real true blue fan would have done that. I watched him get his makeup applied while he was wearing his Vacendak costume. I played roulette with Jagger! I got high with Mick! I drank St. Paulie Girls with Mr. Jagger! Shit I even sat down and talked with Emilio Estevez and him at the wrap party for Freejack and told some filthy jokes that had Emilio and Mick doubled over in laughter! Doubled over I said! I once even owned Primitive Cool! I am the very definition of a "true" fan!

Riffy
[Edited by Riffhard]

I know YOU are a true fan!!!! Just not too many others here.
By the way, was Mick nice?
25th April 2006 01:57 PM
FPM C10
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:

Great song, too.

I think Mick is shown playing guitar in the Godard movie, right?

Yes, as well as in "Performance", and in the extras (backstage MSG w/Ike & Tina) of "Gimme Shelter".
25th April 2006 02:04 PM
jb CATCH YOU NEXT TIME AT "sTOUTS"!!!!!!!!!!!!
25th April 2006 02:05 PM
Riffhard Mick was actually very nice. He was also wearing an outfit that cost more than I make in a month! He was wearing a long sheer silk purple kaftan that fell to his mid calf. Under this he was wearing skin tight leather pants that actually looked very good. Leather pants can look so goddamned cheesy,but these were very soft and were classy looking. The guy has more charisma than anyone I have ever met,and as you know,I have met a whole slew of celebs. Jagger is the only one that I have ever been starstruck by. I was litterly tongue tied for a few moments while I was introducing myself! LOL! He seemed to have seen this kind of response before. He did love the jokes I told him though and he quickly told one of them to his big black bodyguard! The bodyguard doubled over in laughter.

He throws one hell of a party,and had some very good weed! Though I'd be willing to bet the weed was not actually his. I think that it was provided by the big black bodygaurd. I got high. I still have the roach stashed with some Stones memorabilia in my Dad's attic back in Atlanta.

Riffy
25th April 2006 02:06 PM
BILL PERKS
quote:
jb wrote:
This is a old, often played video, seen by most real fans. Boy, everyday I post here , I see how uniformed many so-called fans are............truly a reflection on why we have no legacy. Thankd again Riffy...you helped many rediscover a 32 yr old video.

YOUR ACT IS TIRED,JOSH..THANKS FOR THE SELDOM SEEN VIDEO!LOVED IT.
25th April 2006 02:08 PM
Riffhard
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:

Yes, as well as in "Performance", and in the extras (backstage MSG w/Ike & Tina) of "Gimme Shelter".

True,but I was really refering to him useing a guitar onstage. Mick did not play guitar during the '69 tour. Nor did he in '72. In fact wasn't 1978 the first tour that Mick played guitar onstage? He may have in '75,but I sure as hell don't remember seeing any photos of him playing on that tour.

Riffy
25th April 2006 02:10 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

True,but I was really refering to him useing a guitar onstage. Mick did not play guitar during the '69 tour. Nor did he in '72. In fact wasn't 1978 the first tour that Mick played guitar onstage? He may have in '75,but I sure as hell don't remember seeing any photos of him playing on that tour.

Riffy

Mick played guitar on Fingerprint File every night of the 75/76 tour.
25th April 2006 02:16 PM
Riffhard
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

Mick played guitar on Fingerprint File every night of the 75/76 tour.

Shit! Right you are! I had completely forgotten about that! Damn I wished they'd bring that tune back. I loved the '75-'77 version of it. I also dug the You Can't Rock Me/Get Off My Cloud version from those years.

Riffy
25th April 2006 02:29 PM
Some Guy
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

Riffy
[Edited by Riffhard]

Thanks Riffy, that was cool. What station were you on in Atlanta. Are you southside steve?
25th April 2006 02:36 PM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
Mick was actually very nice. He was also wearing an outfit that cost more than I make in a month! He was wearing a long sheer silk purple kaftan that fell to his mid calf. Under this he was wearing skin tight leather pants that actually looked very good. Leather pants can look so goddamned cheesy,but these were very soft and were classy looking. The guy has more charisma than anyone I have ever met,and as you know,I have met a whole slew of celebs. Jagger is the only one that I have ever been starstruck by. I was litterly tongue tied for a few moments while I was introducing myself! LOL! He seemed to have seen this kind of response before. He did love the jokes I told him though and he quickly told one of them to his big black bodyguard! The bodyguard doubled over in laughter.

He throws one hell of a party,and had some very good weed! Though I'd be willing to bet the weed was not actually his. I think that it was provided by the big black bodygaurd. I got high. I still have the roach stashed with some Stones memorabilia in my Dad's attic back in Atlanta.

Riffy

Thanks for posting this Riffhard.

Have you any other stories about celebrity meetings you could share? I'm sure you've met a few, but you must have one or two outstanding tales!

25th April 2006 02:37 PM
Riffhard
quote:
Some Guy wrote:

Thanks Riffy, that was cool. What station were you on in Atlanta. Are you southside steve?

No I'm not Southside Steve. I left Atlanta in 1991. I was on Z-93 for several years. Then I moved to Miami and was on WSHE.

Riffy
25th April 2006 02:42 PM
Some Guy
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

No I'm not Southside Steve. I left Atlanta in 1991. I was on Z-93 for several years. Then I moved to Miami and was on WSHE.

Riffy

Z-93 hmmm... Willard?
25th April 2006 02:53 PM
Riffhard
quote:
Some Guy wrote:

Z-93 hmmm... Willard?

LOL! No,but Willard was a good friend of mine,as was Katie Kiley. They were both still at 96-Rock when I left Atlanta. In fact I used to go out and party with Willard and Dan Patrick back in those days! Remember when Dan Patrick was the sports guy at KLS before he left to go to ESPN? His real last name is Pughe,by the way. Pronounced Pew. It's no wonder he changed it! LOL!

At Z-93 I was mostly working overnights and weekends. I did some fill in work for Bob Baily when he was out for his PM Drive shift. I was 7-midnight for the last year of my employment at Z. Then I moved to Miami and held that shift down there before the station fliped formats and left me high and dry. Coincidently Dan Patrick's(Pugh's) brother Bill was my PD at the Miami station! Small world.

Riffy
25th April 2006 03:17 PM
Some Guy
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

LOL! No,but Willard was a good friend of mine,as was Katie Kiley. They were both still at 96-Rock when I left Atlanta. In fact I used to go out and party with Willard and Dan Patrick back in those days! Remember when Dan Patrick was the sports guy at KLS before he left to go to ESPN? His real last name is Pughe,by the way. Pronounced Pew. It's no wonder he changed it! LOL!

At Z-93 I was mostly working overnights and weekends. I did some fill in work for Bob Baily when he was out for his PM Drive shift. I was 7-midnight for the last year of my employment at Z. Then I moved to Miami and held that shift down there before the station fliped formats and left me high and dry. Coincidently Dan Patrick's(Pugh's) brother Bill was my PD at the Miami station! Small world.

Riffy

How cool! I was going to say Katey Kiley next!! Thats right he was on 96 rock first with Christopher Rude I think. I despise the regular guys.
25th April 2006 03:28 PM
Riffhard
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:

Thanks for posting this Riffhard.

Have you any other stories about celebrity meetings you could share? I'm sure you've met a few, but you must have one or two outstanding tales!

Oh yeah HTM I got plenty of 'em!

I'll tell you a funny story about the late John Entwistle. He came to my station on several instances in the three years prior to his death. He was a very nice guy,but pretty quite. I had interveiwed him before and knew he was rather shy. So once he came to the station,and we had decided to provide him with a bottle of his favorite cognac by way of helping him open up a bit. Well he had no problem killing the bottle in record time. He insisted that we join him and he poured myself,and a couple of other station staff members a stiff shot each. The cognac did the trick and he did indeed open up a little.

Now the thing about Entwistle is that he was very cockney,and he was a little self conscious about that fact. Perhaps this is why he was so shy? At any rate he had a real tough time pronouncing the letter "R". So after he had done an interview for a specialty show on Saturday night it was my job to get him into the production studio and have him record some jock id's. This is where you get the artist to say stuff like,"Hey this is John Entwistle and you're listening to Steve Hook on the Rat!" So anyway,John was complaing about the fact that my station was called The Rat because of his problems with the letter "R". LOL! So I apologized and told him we knock them right out and that I could edit if need be. So there we are in the studio and he is a little buzzed on expensive cognac so I decide to fuck with him a little. The very first id that I asked him to record was for "Rockin' Robin Lane"! It read like this,"Good afternoon this is John Entwistle,and you're listening to Rockin' Robin Lane on the Rat!" ROTFLMAO!! He about decked me when he read that id!! It took him like six or seven takes to get it in the can. Between his cockney accent and the cognac he could barely get it all out. I still had to edit the hell out of those ids. I'll never forget the look on his face when he read that Rockin' Robin id! Fucking brilliant!

Sadly he died less than two years later and I am very hesitant to use his ids on the air now out of respect. He was a great guy though. I have a picture of him holding my oldest daughter in his arms while I stand next to him holding my youngest daughter. A very generous and charming man. I miss him.

I got loads more. I'll post some more soon.

Riffy

25th April 2006 09:43 PM
Soldatti It's a great clip, I love the Stones videos with the band performing on it.
25th April 2006 10:00 PM
lotsajizz She's Only Rock N' Roll, eh Riffy?

25th April 2006 10:03 PM
NHStonesfan Thank you kindly

I consider myself a "real fan", have never seen it and appreciate the link being shared.

25th April 2006 10:21 PM
Riffhard
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
She's Only Rock N' Roll, eh Riffy?

LOL! That's the one Jizzy! Of course now it is gone. South Florida has changed demographics in a huge way in the last 20-25 years. If you're not playing salsa music you have no ratings. It's true. WSHE was a great heritage rocker for years,and was,at one time,cionsidered one of the best rock radio stations in the nation. Sadly those days are long gone.

Riffy
25th April 2006 10:47 PM
PeerQueer [quote]NHStonesfan wrote:
Thank you kindly

I consider myself a "real fan", have never seen it and appreciate the link being shared.

Amen - I have now listened to it about 10 times today!

I love Mick's expressions - and his delivery is fantastic.

Keith is at the peek of his elegantly wasted period - though I really don't care for the rotted teeth! It takes a fair amount of H to get those chompers in that condition! Amazing that man came out the others side - most do not...tough fucker that he is.

1974 - soon Disco would turn music upside down and not for the better. Then Punk, then New Wave, then MTV...and with the exception of early grunge,(the heydey of my own debauchery!) music has not fully recovered since...

And our Stones, creatively, have not been relevant (with the possible exeption of "Start Me Up") - though I like to think they are so imbedded within the collective cultural conscience of the Western World, they transcend relevence, much like Elvis, Sinatra, and Joey...
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)