ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Frampton Returns To A&M For 'Fingerprint' (SSC) Return to archive
24th April 2006 08:13 AM
justinkurian Frampton Returns To A&M For 'Fingerprint'

April 21, 2006, 3:45 PM ET

Jonathan Cohen, N.Y.
After a nearly 25-year split, guitarist Peter Frampton is returning to A&M Records, with which he enjoyed his biggest successes in the 1970s. The artist has inked a deal with A&M and New Door Records for the Sept. 12 release of the all-instrumental album "Fingerprint," which is the follow-up to 2003's self-released "Now."

Universal Music Enterprises president "Bruce Reznikoff said, 'You have to come back to the label, since we have all your catalog.' I said, 'I've been waiting for you to ask!'" Frampton tells Billboard.com. "I'm thrilled to be back with them."

"Fingerprint" features an array of guests, including Pearl Jam guitarist Mike McCready and drummer Matt Cameron on an original song, "Blowing Smoke," as well as a cover of a well-known 1990s rock hit which Frampton declined to reveal.

"I remember buying 'Frampton Comes Alive' when I was a kid, and the 45 of 'I'm in You,'" McCready tells Billboard.com. "I was equating those two things while we were playing and just going, 'Wow!' He is just a sick guitar player. Maybe he doesn't get as much credit as he deserves, but he was just shredding me. He is also maybe the nicest guy I've ever met in rock."

Other contributions were turned in by guitarist Warren Haynes and the Shadows' Hank Marvin and Brian Bennett. "If I couldn't have gotten the Shadows, I would have done a Shadows number myself, because they're the reason I'm standing here talking to you," Frampton says of the long-running U.K.-based instrumental rock outfit.

Another tune was recorded with Rolling Stones principals Bill Wyman and Charlie Watts with keyboardist Chris Stainton. "Bill has been my mentor since I was 14," Frampton notes. "This song is the Stones' original section, Stainton and me. It doesn't get much better," he adds with a laugh.

Frampton is hoping to round up as many of the album's guests as possible for a one-off show and/or a DVD taping, but he notes, "It took long enough to get everybody together to do the record, so I just don't know how feasible it is."

Frampton will be on tour throughout the summer, including a June 24 gig in his Cincinnati homebase with the city's Cincinnati Pops orchestra. Several other orchestral shows will follow into the fall.

Find this article at:
http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1002384203
24th April 2006 08:30 AM
gimmekeef He's.."Coming Alive"?...I believe he was one of the try-out guitarists after Taylor left...
24th April 2006 04:59 PM
Sir Stonesalot If Peter Frampton was on fire...I wouldn't piss on him to put it out.

I hope an elephant steps on his head and crushes it like a grape.
24th April 2006 08:30 PM
lucasd4 I bet he'd piss on you though....and drink plenty of lighter fluid before he did it too

quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
If Peter Frampton was on fire...I wouldn't piss on him to put it out.

I hope an elephant steps on his head and crushes it like a grape.

24th April 2006 09:14 PM
Sir Stonesalot Dude, I'd never allow myself to be within pissin' distance of that doofus in the first place.

But your input was greatly appreciated, fuck you very much.
24th April 2006 09:31 PM
FPM C10 Aside from the fact that Bill and Charlie are playing together on one song...what possible reason would ANYONE have to buy this thing, or even listen to it? An instrumental album by Peter Frampton? I can't believe this press release even got printed. It must have been a REALLY slow news day.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)