ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Will there be a major setlist change in Barcelona? Return to archive
23rd April 2006 03:02 PM
speedfreakjive I am dubious. One part of me thinks yes, because it is due, but the other half is thinking 'why would they, they don't need to'

opinions>>>>>>>>>>

P.S, what songs would you change?
[Edited by speedfreakjive]
23rd April 2006 03:38 PM
gimmekeef Yes..they will open with Start Me Up....
23rd April 2006 03:39 PM
Angiegirl Don't thinks so, at least not major, and if so, not lasting through the rest of the Euro tour anyway.

We've seen it all (not) happen quite a few times before, haven't we...
23rd April 2006 03:43 PM
speedfreakjive
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:
Don't thinks so, at least not major, and if so, not lasting through the rest of the Euro tour anyway.

We've seen it all (not) happen quite a few times before, haven't we...

indeed. I was just thinking they may have grown bored of playing Miss You, HTW, SMU over and over.
I reckon we'll get some gems though (hopefully) since it is their last tour of Europe
23rd April 2006 04:38 PM
Gazza bet the farm on "Streets of love" being at least semi-regular on the European tour.

sadly, it'll be at the expense of other ballads, not in addition to them

I would also expect "Biggest Mistake" to get an airing as it will be released as a single around then

Dont expect major changes to the rst of the set, however
23rd April 2006 04:45 PM
voodoopug I believe on the Licks tour the only songs added in Europe were Heartbreaker and Nearness of You. I expect the shows to be the same with one or two songs added to the rotation (probababy SOL and BM, with RJ and the balad being sacrificed for it). I also expect mostly 19 song sets.
23rd April 2006 05:17 PM
speedfreakjive
quote:
voodoopug wrote:
I believe on the Licks tour the only songs added in Europe were Heartbreaker and Nearness of You. I expect the shows to be the same with one or two songs added to the rotation (probababy SOL and BM, with RJ and the balad being sacrificed for it). I also expect mostly 19 song sets.

good changes in 2003, on the theatre show on 4 flicks they weren't 'butchered' IMO. I'd love to see Respectable or Live With Me back in heavy rotation.
23rd April 2006 08:36 PM
Spru Much of the pessimistic view of the Stones lack of changes to the setlist (esp. the second half) on this tour has been well deserved because of what they have (or have not, in many cases) played. However, let's remember the first few shows after their Christmas break (beginning in Montreal, the to Boston and NYC) where their premiered/brough back TPIE, Happy, Memory Motel, Worried About You, Gimmie Shelter, Sway, Respectable, ATPTB, Love Is Strong, and LSTNT. Not all of these stayed in heavy rotation, but at least they tried them. I'm not sure if they will change things up this drastically in Europe, but I expect to see some changes, and a least two new ABB songs live, probably SOL, BM, and SSMC (preferrably over the other 2).
24th April 2006 12:08 AM
erikjjf
quote:
voodoopug wrote:
I believe on the Licks tour the only songs added in Europe were Heartbreaker and Nearness of You. I expect the shows to be the same with one or two songs added to the rotation (probababy SOL and BM, with RJ and the balad being sacrificed for it). I also expect mostly 19 song sets.

On the European leg of Licks, they also added Out Of Control, Saint Of Me, Starfucker, Paint It Black and Thief In The Night.
24th April 2006 12:54 PM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
erikjjf wrote:

On the European leg of Licks, they also added Out Of Control, Saint Of Me, Starfucker, Paint It Black and Thief In The Night.

They also played Salt Of The Earth at the second Twickenham show.
24th April 2006 01:02 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
Gazza wrote:
bet the farm on "Streets of love" being at least semi-regular on the European tour.

sadly, it'll be at the expense of other ballads, not in addition to them

I would also expect "Biggest Mistake" to get an airing as it will be released as a single around then

Dont expect major changes to the rst of the set, however

So you believe the IORR rumor then?....I just think its a scare tactic!
24th April 2006 01:12 PM
Saint Sway I dont expect them to change the song selection for Europe. Mainly because those cities and fans havent caught this tour yet.

but...

I fully expect them to change the set and song selection up if they do return to the US in the fall. You cant come back a 3rd time to some of these cities and play the same tired set again.

for the fall, they need to mix up the set and the stage. Everything.

they should treat it like the No Security tour that immediately followed the BTB tour.
24th April 2006 01:15 PM
time is on my side No
25th April 2006 05:19 PM
glencar I think they are going to switch to complete setlists that are Pete Seeger songs. And you will like it, yes you will!
25th April 2006 05:54 PM
Gazza
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:

So you believe the IORR rumor then?....I just think its a scare tactic!

Well, the story came from an e-mail reply from Chuck Leavell, a source I find plausible.

SOL was a single in Europe. It was also a minor hit (and a large hit in some regions). As its likely they'll make some changes to the small number of ABB songs they play (which has been the case up to now ) I would expect both SOL and Biggest Mistake to be played at various times in Europe (maybe not always on the same night). They dropped Rain Fall Down from a regular spot in the show after its 'shelf life' as a single expired, so as 'Biggest Mistake' is the upcoming single, I would be pretty sure they'll play it.
[Edited by Gazza]
25th April 2006 06:23 PM
Dan I heard a rumor this is going to be the setlist for Europe

01. Jumpin' Jack Flash
02. You Got Me Rocking
03. Its Only Rock N Roll
04. Tumbling Dice
05. Streets Of Love
06. Angie
07. Bitch
08. Gimme Shelter
09. This Place Is Empty
10. Happy
11. Miss You
12. Street Fighting Man
13. Like A Rolling Stone
14. Honky Tonk Women
15. Sympathy For The Devil
16. Start Me Up
17. Brown Sugar
18. You Cant Always Get What You Want
19. Satisfaction
25th April 2006 06:41 PM
speedfreakjive
quote:
Dan wrote:
I heard a rumor this is going to be the setlist for Europe

01. Jumpin' Jack Flash
02. You Got Me Rocking
03. Its Only Rock N Roll
04. Tumbling Dice
05. Streets Of Love
06. Angie
07. Bitch
08. Gimme Shelter
09. This Place Is Empty
10. Happy
11. Miss You
12. Street Fighting Man
13. Like A Rolling Stone
14. Honky Tonk Women
16. Start Me Up
17. Brown Sugar
19. Satisfaction

same old same old, loving it, every night baby
26th April 2006 12:00 PM
Stray Cat UK Dan,

Please don't scare us like that !
The ONLY interesting thing on there is SFM on the b stage and they did that on Licks.

If they play YGMR AND LARS every night,I want a refund!
26th April 2006 02:29 PM
speedfreakjive
quote:
Stray Cat UK wrote:
Dan,

Please don't scare us like that !
The ONLY interesting thing on there is SFM on the b stage and they did that on Licks.

If they play YGMR AND LARS every night,I want a refund!

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

why not try out Route 66 after all these years????
26th April 2006 02:31 PM
egon oh sweet barcelona. only 1 month away.
26th April 2006 02:37 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
Dan wrote:

01. Jumpin' Jack Flash
02. You Got Me Rocking
03. Its Only Rock N Roll
04. Tumbling Dice
05. Streets Of Love
06. Angie
07. Bitch
08. Gimme Shelter
09. This Place Is Empty
10. Happy
11. Miss You
12. Street Fighting Man
13. Like A Rolling Stone
14. Honky Tonk Women
16. Start Me Up
17. Brown Sugar
19. Satisfaction

God help Europe then... SOL in for Rambler?.....I'm stayin home!
26th April 2006 02:39 PM
speedfreakjive Streets of Love for Encore!!!!!!!!!!!
26th April 2006 02:46 PM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
Dan wrote:

01. Jumpin' Jack Flash
02. You Got Me Rocking
03. Its Only Rock N Roll
04. Tumbling Dice
05. Streets Of Love
06. Angie
07. Bitch
08. Gimme Shelter
09. This Place Is Empty
10. Happy
11. Miss You
12. Street Fighting Man
13. Like A Rolling Stone
14. Honky Tonk Women
16. Start Me Up
17. Brown Sugar
19. Satisfaction

Obviously we wouldn’t get that EVERY night, but I hate to admit, that setlist looks quite plausible!

26th April 2006 03:14 PM
speedfreakjive
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:

Obviously we wouldn’t get that EVERY night, but I hate to admit, that setlist looks quite plausible!

indeed, expect something different for the English shows, and probably Paris.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)