ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: 81 Is Gone, But 06 Is Here! Return to archive
22nd April 2006 11:40 PM
RollingstonesUSA Follow me here, I know this will never happen, but tell or not if this is a good idea, In 81, they opend with Under My Thumb, not the fastest song, but they had the longer intro to the song, what if they opend with Beast Of Burden, with the long intro like Under My Thumb in 81, I think it would be amazing!
23rd April 2006 04:55 AM
IanBillen
Well I love the BoB version from Licks tour. I am kinda on the side of the fence that thinks this song is not really any type of opener. Especially for a huge stadium extravaganza. But hey, to each their own.

Ian
23rd April 2006 11:31 AM
Scottfree I want to see Time Waits for no one as an opener, with about a 3 minute intro...Then kick into the vocals...It'd be friggin eerie....
23rd April 2006 12:33 PM
pdog I feel like Larry Flint...
23rd April 2006 07:54 PM
Paranoid_Android That song will work great as the Vegas opener when they finally do their 6 month residency at the Aladdin!!
23rd April 2006 08:04 PM
glencar If You Can't Rock Me - LOUD!
23rd April 2006 08:06 PM
Spru
quote:
glencar wrote:
If You Can't Rock Me - LOUD!

I totally agree.
24th April 2006 04:59 AM
IanBillen
I think Street Fighting Man is their best opener. Start Me Up....well ok yeah, yeah, yeah, but....how many times can you do it. In my opinion, after the Super Bowl....there is no need to open with that one ever again. It just is too cleche You know, I love that une. And live it is such an opener for their image. Not that SMU should be excluded from the set....but I do not think you should over do an opener. Well doing that once more would be definately over doing it.

Ian
24th April 2006 10:32 AM
Saint Sway they should open with a different song every night. Any of there songs would work well as an opener.
24th April 2006 02:28 PM
Soldatti I miss UMT on the new tour.
25th April 2006 01:20 AM
jb
quote:
Soldatti wrote:
I miss UMT on the new tour.

Any new #'s?
25th April 2006 01:42 AM
pdog Jb, what happened to your Brussels thread?
Is all well?
25th April 2006 05:13 PM
glencar Joshy is the decider.
25th April 2006 09:48 PM
Soldatti
quote:
jb wrote:

Any new #'s?

I've seen loads of ABB used copies on a local store here.
26th April 2006 12:34 AM
the good I always thought sympathy for the devil would make a great opener. Please allow me to introduce myself...
26th April 2006 10:16 AM
Reptile I don't like the way Keith's changed the intro. It should be played a bit faster and the riff should be tighter, like in '81.
26th April 2006 10:35 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Soldatti wrote:
I miss UMT on the new tour.

I miss the real Stones!
26th April 2006 10:45 AM
Saint Sway
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:

I miss the real Stones!

we all do.

Some just cant admit it on a msg board.

I wish they were still dirty.
26th April 2006 10:52 AM
chevysales
quote:
glencar wrote:
If You Can't Rock Me - LOUD!

yes!

my vote is for if you can't rock me... guitars up big in the mix... always a winner with me.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)