ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Unfair and biased(nsc) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
23rd April 2006 01:37 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:

I think you just described half the players in the NBA...Enjoy the playoffs Sir Moonie....each to his own..Most people will call me nuts when I watch 800 hours of the NFL Draft next week end....

Dude, moogie, LeBron may have locked up the MVP last night. The boy is godniferous. Playoff trip-dub at that age. He will dominate basketball for the next ten years and that is a good thing.

Spurs smoked. They will be hard to stop.

NBA playoff basketball is as good as athletics gets. Best athletes in the world, playing the most complex of all games.
23rd April 2006 01:51 PM
pdog
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

playing the most complex of all games.

I wouldn't go that far... Football, baseball and basketball are both simple and complex is their own right. IMO, soccer is the most complex as far as skill, stamina and strategy. Basketball requires alof of stamina, and baseball rewuires incredible strategy. Football has become a sport of insane strength, but has also become boring to me.
Soccer, covers all the bases... Why it's not popular in the USA, baffles me.
23rd April 2006 02:04 PM
Riffhard What I would rather do than watch a basketball game.

Watch paint dry
Watch the grass grow
Watch the LPGA
Watch a Ron Popeel Infomercial
Watch a HairClub for Men infomercial
Watch the Pro Bowlers Tour
Watch The Weather Channel
Watch a Martha Stewart marathon
Watch the Hungarian News Network
Watch really bad public access TV
Burn the roof of my mouth with Stouffer's French Bread Pizza
Get poked in the eye with a sharp stick
Have my fillings redrilled
Slam my fingers in the car door
Get kicked in the nuts

In short I would rather do anything than to sit and watch a bunch of fucking gang bangers dribble a fucking ball up and down the court. The game is for shit! I think of basketball the way you think of Germans. A bunch of fucking idiots that can barely read or write worth millions for playing a game that requires nothing but the genetic luck of the draw for being born tall. Fuck a bunch of roundball bullshit! Fuck I'd rather watch gay rodeo before those fucking thugs! Get real!

Riffy

[Edited by Riffhard]
23rd April 2006 02:09 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
A bunch of fucking idiots that can barely read or write worth millions for playing a game that requires nothing but the genetic luck of the draw for being born tall.

You could say something similar about any sport!

There are a lot of blacks playing the game, and its clear that whitey doesn't like that, hence its low popularity on boards like this.

Baseball on the other hand, is increasingly white. Which is pretty much why the game sucks almost as much as hockey now.
23rd April 2006 02:19 PM
pdog Baseball is mostly latino, or so it seems to me... Whites and black too, I guess, but all I see is latinos, and I think it's very cool! It's one thing for a poor black kid from some US ghetto to come up and make millions. It's even better when it's some kid from another country, who had nothing, and comes here and lives the American dream.
23rd April 2006 02:41 PM
Riffhard It has nothing to do with race as far as I'm concerned. However,I do maintain that basketball,and hip hop/rap have helped to ruin the inner city black community. They have contributed to the thugging up and dumbing down of young black kids. That's right I said it! You know it's true too!

Riffy
23rd April 2006 03:32 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
It has nothing to do with race as far as I'm concerned. However,I do maintain that basketball,and hip hop/rap have helped to ruin the inner city black community. They have contributed to the thugging up and dumbing down of young black kids. That's right I said it! You know it's true too!

Riffy

Baketball has ruined inner city black communities? C'mon!
23rd April 2006 04:38 PM
Riffhard Not the game. The mentality. Take a look at that classless thug who rushed the stands last year. How many stories have you heard about some poor kid getting killed for his new Air Jordans?

Riffy
23rd April 2006 07:34 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
Not the game. The mentality. Take a look at that classless thug who rushed the stands last year. How many stories have you heard about some poor kid getting killed for his new Air Jordans?

Riffy

Actually, I've killed someone for their Air Jordans.

C'mon Riffy, talk about liberally quoting the liberal media. You believing those few and sparse dramatic media instances from 10 years ago really lead to something discernable as trend?

Trust me dude, I grew up ghetto for awhile, and the black people America wants to hold up as shining examples of how magnanimous were are, were ALL playing basketball. Good guys too. The rest were, of course, as psychotic, deranged, and dumb as well all secretly know they are. But basketball, man thats a key in black areas, worth every dime we spend on it.
24th April 2006 08:04 AM
lotsajizz
quote:
pdog wrote:

Soccer, covers all the bases... Why it's not popular in the USA, baffles me.

simple, too many 1-0 games

Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)