ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Unfair and biased(nsc) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
21st April 2006 10:12 AM
jb http://www.nytimes.com/2006/04/21/washington/21bush.html?_r=1&ei=5094&en=48dbbc9459f6286d&hp=&ex=1145592000&partner=homepage&pagewanted=print&oref=slogin

Fox news,apparently, is ample breeding ground to the White House.
21st April 2006 10:22 AM
Gazza No offence, but who fucking cares?

what would some of you guys post about if Bush didnt exist?

The Stones, maybe?

[Edited by Gazza]
21st April 2006 10:26 AM
jb
quote:
Gazza wrote:
No offence, but who fucking cares?

The Stones, maybe?

[Edited by Gazza]

It just offends the hell out of me that a network that reaches millions, purpotedly telling both sidesof the story, really is a front for the RNC!!!

P.S.-The stones are on a 5 week hiatus and are retiring after this tour based on reports regarding Charlie. Surely no more studio albums which don't sell, and beleive me, jagger and Richards ain't touring for 3-4 million dollars ...it's these big tours thathavemade them gazillionaires.
21st April 2006 10:28 AM
rasputin56
quote:
Gazza wrote:
No offence, but who fucking cares?

The Stones, maybe?

[Edited by Gazza]

Nah, the Stones have been done. How 'bout hootenannys?

BRUCE A TRUE FOLK HERO
By DAN AQUILANTE NYPost

April 21, 2006 -- THE Boss is back - so far back that his gig at the Asbury Park Convention Hall last night could have been an old-time barn dance.

With just a few days until Bruce Springsteen releases his all-acoustic album of American folk music, "We Shall Overcome," he turned his dress rehearsal into a local charities benefit where fans paid $100 a pop to hear his new music a week before the tour officially bows at the New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival on April 30.

The music Springsteen played was mostly gleaned from his new album, which is subtitled "The Seeger Sessions," because of its association with the legendary folk musician Pete Seeger. But those familiar with Seeger and Springsteen may not be able to readily connect the dots.

Still, at the risk of being too cute, Springsteen was born to strum, and these classic numbers such as "Old Dan Tucker" and "Erie Canal" fit his voice like an old flannel shirt.

Since this two-hour show was the first of four rehearsal dates (concluding Wednesday), this isn't a strict review; even so, over the course of the 20-song program, there was little to be critical about.

The Boss barked out the lyrics from the back of his throat, often with his eyes clamped shut as he powered through the songs with the same passion he gives to his own compositions.

Springsteen and his 19-member band, which featured tubas, fiddles and banjos, came on like gangbusters with the spiritual "O Mary Don't You Weep," transforming it into a second-line Crescent City march.

Despite the folk origins of most of the songs, Springsteen made good on his show-opening promise: "We're gonna tear the house down."

As with any Springsteen concert, whether he's with his E Street Band or this Seeger Sessions Band, the audience punctuated every song with long chants of "Bruuuuuuuuce."

You might wonder, what's the point. Why is Bruce doing this old music?

The question is easily answered when you hear this stuff live. It's then you realize it's about how a good song, even when it's really old, is still good after the dust is polished off.

Springsteen continues this rehearsal series at the Convention Hall Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. Limited tickets are available.

21st April 2006 10:33 AM
SweetVirginia
quote:
jb wrote:
http://www.nytimes.com/2006/04/21/washington/21bush.html?_r=1&ei=5094&en=48dbbc9459f6286d&hp=&ex=1145592000&partner=homepage&pagewanted=print&oref=slogin

jb...
There is some better NSC in the thread
titled "Feel Free to Discuss".
Much of it was put there just for you.

SV

21st April 2006 10:34 AM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:
http://www.nytimes.com/2006/04/21/washington/21bush.html?_r=1&ei=5094&en=48dbbc9459f6286d&hp=&ex=1145592000&partner=homepage&pagewanted=print&oref=slogin

21st April 2006 10:37 AM
Gazza
quote:
rasputin56 wrote:

Nah, the Stones have been done. How 'bout hootenannys?

I'm ready for that. two weeks tonight ya bastards!

21st April 2006 10:42 AM
Gazza April 20 / Asbury Park, NJ / Convention Hall
Notes: The first rehearsal show, and the public debut of Springsteen with his 17-piece Seeger Sessions Band. And the first words out of our reporter's mouth after the concert: "Do you like music? Do you like Bruce Springsteen? Then you're gonna love this show." A spirited Dixieland romp, already a success that the '92-93 experiment with other musicians reached for and arguably never achieved. The rehearsal aspect was evident, as Bruce acknowledged, with some rough edges, miscues, and sound problems; but as he directed his stageful of players, under a pair of old chandeliers, it was that rare thrill of music being made right before your eyes -- a glorious noise. A glorious lament, in a way: there was a political edge throughout the night, subtle yet unmistakable, particularly in the three-pack of "Devils & Dust," "Mrs. McGrath" (dedicated to Cindy Sheehan), and "How Can a Poor Man Stand Such Times and Live?" The last of these is a Blind Alfred Reed song from the '20s, covered more recently by Ry Cooder and the Del-Lords. Springsteen took the time to set up many of tonight's numbers, offering some history to introduce songs like "Old Dan Tucker" and "Eyes on the Prize." In all, the band performed eleven songs from the album plus "Buffalo Gals" from the flipside; and six Bruce-penned songs from his catalog: "Johnny 99," "Adam Raised a Cain," "Devils & Dust," "Open All Night," "My City of Ruins," and "You Can Look (But You Better Not Touch)." Bringing the total up to 20 songs (the show started at 7:30, ended at 9:35) were two unreleased covers: the aforementioned "Poor Man," and the show-closing "When the Saints Go Marching In." For another idea of the sound, as another concert-goer told us, "Think 'Walt Whitman's Niece,' from start to finish."

Take the weekend to break out your copy of Billy Bragg & Wilco's Mermaid Avenue * if you need a refresher... and we'll be back for more on Monday night.

Setlist: Oh, Mary, Don't You Weep/John Henry/Johnny 99/Old Dan Tucker/Eyes on the Prize/Jesse James/Adam Raised a Cain/Erie Canal/My Oklahoma Home/Devils & Dust/Mrs. McGrath/How Can a Poor Man Stand Such Times and Live?/Jacob's Ladder/We Shall Overcome/Open All Night/Pay Me My Money Down
Encore: My City of Ruins/Buffalo Gals/You Can Look (But You Better Not Touch)/When the Saints Go Marching In

www.backstreets.com

* by bizarre coincidence, thanks to Partydoll MEG who kindly burnd me a copy, thats just what I'mlistening to this afternoon as I type this
21st April 2006 10:44 AM
jb Sorry Gazza................I am drunk.
21st April 2006 10:47 AM
sirmoonie
quote:
jb wrote:
Sorry Gazza................I am drunk.

Got Court today? Get rid of the butterflys? Ahhhh, liquid piss........
21st April 2006 10:49 AM
Gazza
quote:
jb wrote:
Sorry Gazza................I am drunk.

It's Friday morning where you are! LOL
21st April 2006 10:50 AM
Saint Sway the Bruce show sounds cool. I'd like to check it out. Too bad the NY show isnt in a smaller venue than MSG. Wish he would do Beacon Theatre again like on Ghost of Tom Joad or do Radio City.
21st April 2006 10:57 AM
jb
quote:
Gazza wrote:

It's Friday morning where you are! LOL

Hurricane Bar/Dania Beach Florida......................>
21st April 2006 10:57 AM
Gazza I think there'll be a 2nd run of US dates later in the summer. No doubt he'll play what is his major market again. Maybe he'll play somewhere smaller. MSG seems very big for this type of show. However theres two shows in Holmdel, NJ at the end of the tour and they havent gone on sale yet, so maybe thats amll enough.

The 4 warm-up shows in asbury Park were easy enough to get tickets for for once

Plus hes on Good Morning America twice next week. Being interviewed on Monday and a live performance from Asbury Park Convention Hall on Tuesday morning.
21st April 2006 11:02 AM
rasputin56 I'm pretty sure it won't be a full house MSG setup but more like the "theater" setups he did in some arenas on the D&D tour.

I've heard from a few people who attended last night that it was definitely a must see show. Maybe not a show to go to multiple times but definitely a one on event.
21st April 2006 11:04 AM
jb
quote:
rasputin56 wrote:
I'm pretty sure it won't be a full house MSG setup but more like the "theater" setups he did in some arenas on the D&D tour.

I've heard from a few people who attended last night that it was definitely a must see show. Maybe not a show to go to multiple times but definitely a one on event.

Is it like the Ghost of Tom Joad tour? Solo and no E-street?
21st April 2006 11:06 AM
sirmoonie
quote:
jb wrote:

Hurricane Bar/Dania Beach Florida......................>

If this is true, I'm actually quite proud of you.

What do you have going? I usually only huck beers before noon, just to get a head of steam going for some serious afternoon boozing. How's the barjack? Is s/he working it? Any chicka action? Large Screen TVs? Any black people? If so, give them The Look. Then, if, and ONLY if, they ask, you can say you know me. Any Stones on the jukie? Marley? Homeboy Petty?

Set the scene for me, JB. I'm dying here for The Man.

http://www.southflorida.com/nightlife/17632,0,825391,reviews.venue?coll=sfe-nightlife-promos

21st April 2006 11:11 AM
Break The Spell That article on the Bruce show sounds great, the we Shall Overcome album is some really great stuff. Can't wait to see the show coming up in Columbus!! The style of show he's doing this tour is the kind I've been waiting to see from Bruce for a long time.
21st April 2006 11:14 AM
jb
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

If this is true, I'm actually quite proud of you.

What do you have going? I usually only huck beers before noon, just to get a head of steam going for some serious afternoon boozing. How's the barjack? Is s/he working it? Any chicka action? Large Screen TVs? Any black people? If so, give them The Look. Then, if, and ONLY if, they ask, you can say you know me. Any Stones on the jukie? Marley? Homeboy Petty?

Set the scene for me, JB. I'm dying here for The Man.

http://www.southflorida.com/nightlife/17632,0,825391,reviews.venue?coll=sfe-nightlife-promos

Hello Moonie,
They have this state of the art jukebox that can locvate any song/album ever recorded..that's what got me hooked. I have been going there for a week solid at lunch time, but it is 86, and I am done for the week, so I hit it early. Put on full side 3 of Exile, and had 2 Fosters and 2 Jack-N-Cokes...If my wife stopped calling, I would hit Hollywood Beach as it is literally 1/4 mile from office!!!
21st April 2006 01:55 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
jb wrote:

Hello Moonie,
They have this state of the art jukebox that can locvate any song/album ever recorded..that's what got me hooked. I have been going there for a week solid at lunch time, but it is 86, and I am done for the week, so I hit it early. Put on full side 3 of Exile, and had 2 Fosters and 2 Jack-N-Cokes...If my wife stopped calling, I would hit Hollywood Beach as it is literally 1/4 mile from office!!!

At least we have the NBA playoffs starting tomorrow. Above all else in this crazy world, at least we have that.

San Antone v. Dallas in the West championship should decide it all, but there is some good basketball before then as well.

Detroit is playing with consumate thuggery. Skullduggery. Dug o' skull.

Your team should spank the Bulls, despite their hot streak. The Heat's size and experience will carry them far. Maybe even past Detroit? White Chocolate can play with those guys.
21st April 2006 03:03 PM
jb White choc's tendenitis has been a real problem..I love the tatto!!!!
21st April 2006 03:49 PM
gimmekeef The NBA playoffs?...I'd rather watch paint dry.....
21st April 2006 04:24 PM
pdog
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
The NBA playoffs?...I'd rather watch paint dry.....

I agree!!!
21st April 2006 04:41 PM
Dead_Flowers Hey pdog I think I found a picture of your bouncy asian girls sister. They kind of look alike maybe it's the same girl.

Image hosting by Photobucket
21st April 2006 04:56 PM
Egbert Me so horny!!!!
21st April 2006 06:17 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:

Thats because you have no hang time and dance like a Korean repairman!
21st April 2006 06:18 PM
glencar
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:

Yes, I'm painting a room this weekend. I can't wait!
21st April 2006 08:19 PM
sirmoonie So who do you guys like for NBA MVP?

I guess it depends upon the definition, and I don't think there is a formal NBA one. Best player, or guy who helps his team the most? Or something else?

Anyway, the best player in the NBA is NOT Kobe Bryant, and he certainly isn't the guy who helps his team the most. His team sucks, and its in large part due to his ball hoagie ways and means. Who the fuck scores 81 points in this day and age? Why would you want to?

The best player in the league is probably Lebron James.

But in terms of helping his team the most, they have to go with Nash again. Which would be great - small, old school whitey once AGAIN putting it up A.I., Stephon, et al.'s collective faces. Fuck yeah! They either have to go with Nash or Nowitzki. And think about it, if Nowitzki gets it, that would still be two white guys in a row, if Germans are considered white. Nowitzki has put the ball on the floor this year, picked up his non-existent defense, and lets face it: he can post up AND take it outside as if he were some amalgamation of Bird and McHale. He is pretty incredible to watch. These playoffs are going to be great.

Just IMHO.
21st April 2006 08:35 PM
Riffhard
quote:
Dead_Flowers wrote:
Hey pdog I think I found a picture of your bouncy asian girls sister. They kind of look alike maybe it's the same girl.

You are a rising star here at Rocks Off DF! I thank you for your well researched and thought provoking posts. You are on the fast track to becoming an A-Lister. I'll put in a good word for you. In mean time continue to shine!

Riffy
21st April 2006 08:55 PM
pdog
quote:
Dead_Flowers wrote:
Hey pdog I think I found a picture of your bouncy asian girls sister. They kind of look alike maybe it's the same girl.

OMG!!!
I don't have the proper words to thanks.
Is the pic in your signature you?
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)