ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Best output by Stones support musician past or present? Return to archive
20th April 2006 03:19 PM
Dan I say "Return Of The Living Dead" soundtrack by Matt Clifford. Not a bad movie either from the Golden Age Of Hollywood, but the music itself easily stands on its own.
20th April 2006 03:23 PM
Break The Spell Ry Cooder had some great stuff out.
20th April 2006 03:30 PM
sirmoonie I hear some of Mick Taylor's solo stuff isn't bad.
20th April 2006 03:39 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
I hear some of Mick Taylor's solo stuff isn't bad.

His self-titled album and A Stone's Throw are both worth checking out.
20th April 2006 03:46 PM
chevysales
quote:
Break The Spell wrote:
Ry Cooder had some great stuff out.

yes he did.
20th April 2006 03:59 PM
erikjjf Tim Ries Stones Project.
Blondie's work, solo and guest appearances.
20th April 2006 04:36 PM
glencar I have to disagree about anything Blondie does. He is a waste.
20th April 2006 04:37 PM
Joey

Easy .

Taylor
20th April 2006 04:38 PM
nanatod I used to think "Paradise and lunch" was the greatest album of all time.
20th April 2006 04:40 PM
glencar I CAN FEEL THE FIRE!
20th April 2006 04:57 PM
Tom
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
I hear some of Mick Taylor's solo stuff isn't bad.

Mick Taylor was a member not a "support musician" come on!
20th April 2006 05:01 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Dan wrote:
I say "Return Of The Living Dead" soundtrack by Matt Clifford.

WINNER!!!

Gazza, feel free to close the thread.
20th April 2006 08:49 PM
luxury1 Oh wait just a moment, S. Sway--has anyone heard Bernard's band, Nickelbag's, release?? (I am hoping there was just one, I cant even remember the name of it now...) I believe it was released in about '98. Stevie Salas was his writing partner, and guitar player extrodinaire (Salas played at Mick's Goddess gig in LA). You guys would like this one, I'm sure.
20th April 2006 10:00 PM
Soldatti Lisa's solo album is not so bad.
20th April 2006 10:33 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
Soldatti wrote:
Lisa's solo album is not so bad.

Do you mean "So Intense"? I couldn't finish it, it's ugly
20th April 2006 10:36 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Best for me

1.- Nicky Hopkins third album "No More Changes" followed by his second "The Tin Man Was A Dreamer"
2.- The first two by Merry Clayton

I also like Bobby Keys solo album and Chuck Leavell's Forever Blue
21st April 2006 03:35 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
glencar wrote:
I CAN FEEL THE FIRE!

indeed!!!
I d like to see the new barbarians touring again just to hear what I consider like one of the best rnr track ever written !!
21st April 2006 05:15 AM
Gazza
quote:
Break The Spell wrote:
Ry Cooder had some great stuff out.

Christ, if we're talking about guest musicians rather than regular supporting cast, as well as most of Ry's albums up to about 1980, we may as well be pedantic and throw in

The Rising (Patti Scialfa is on the 'Dirty Work' album)
Led Zeppelin IV (ditto Jimmy Page)
Rain Dogs (ditto Tom Waits)
The Harder They Come (ditto Jimmy Cliff)
21st April 2006 06:50 AM
Break The Spell I don't know if its any good or not, but I once saw an album that had Ernie Watts and Lisa Fisher on the cover with two other people and it was only like 4 bucks new. Never actually listened to it.
21st April 2006 07:21 AM
Nellcote MAC-Rise & Shine, Best of British
Leon Russell-Concert For Bangladesh, Carney, Shelter People
21st April 2006 01:30 PM
gimmekeef I guess Monkey Grip Glue doesnt count?...lmao..But considering how much time Ronnie spends waving at the crowd
any one of his solo albums should count!
21st April 2006 01:53 PM
Soldatti
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:

Her solo version of Gimme Shelter is fantastic.
22nd April 2006 04:12 PM
Water Dragon Hey Break The Spell - Is this one of your neighbors?

Miss Kentucky Crowned Miss USA
Apr 22, 6:07 AM EST

Miss Kentucky, a business student who says pop stars may be getting too edgy for young people who see them as role models, now has a chance to be a role model herself — as the new Miss USA.

Tara Elizabeth Conner, 20, of Russell Springs, was crowned Miss USA on Friday night by Chelsea Cooley of North Carolina, Miss USA 2005. It was the 55th annual pageant.

The new titleholder will compete July 23 in the Miss Universe competition in Los Angeles.

"The stars were in my favor tonight," she said. "I can't wait to see how far this year can take me."

Conner expects people in her home town, with a population around 2,500, to be pretty excited about her win.

"This is the biggest thing that has ever happened in my town," she said.

She listed her hobbies as golf, skydiving, jet skiing, tubing on Lake Cumberland, rappelling, scrapbooking and watching University of Kentucky basketball.

"I am an easygoing, down-to-earth girl," Conner said in her contestant profile. "Throughout my life, hardships and different experiences have made me a very humbled, yet strong individual. It is because of these life lessons that I have become the person I am today."

Conner said the first thing she wants to do is go to Italy because her brother is stationed there with the Navy and she hasn't seen him in a year.

Conner will represent the United States July 23 in the Miss Universe competition in Los Angeles.

Miss California, Tamiko Nash, 26, of Los Angeles was first runner-up. Miss Georgia, Lisa Wilson, 26, of Rome was second runner-up; Miss Ohio, Stacy Offenberger, 26, of Marietta was third runner-up. Miss Florida, Cristin Duren, 24, of Panama City Beach was fourth runner-up.

The 51 contestants were trimmed to 15, then 10 semifinalists and finally five finalists.

The five finalists were asked questions.

The pageant is co-owned by Donald Trump and NBC, which aired the competition.

———

Copyright 2006 Associated Press. All rights reserved.

23rd April 2006 05:18 PM
Staffan
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:

A couple of years back I tried to find Merry Claytons albums, without success. Are they out on CD now? Where can one get hold of her albums?

Thanks!
23rd April 2006 06:46 PM
chevysales well some may laugh but... chick had a group "sea level" after allmans split (see gregg doing the snitch dance) and kinda jazzy sound that was very good. i think allmans drummer was in it to jai jonny or whatever his name is.

good stuff mid to late 70's.
[Edited by chevysales]
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)